Preview 2020 AFL Grand-Final: Richmond v Geelong @ The GABBA (Serious one)

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to be wet. Held them to 4 goals one short month ago in the dry without Prestia/Edwards and losing Lynch/Soldo early with injury. The only player worth mentioning they add from that night is the corpse of Ablett.

Balta keeps Hawkins to 5 touches & 1 goal again and we turn in an equal (or better) performance and I’m pretty confident of the result.

Prestia is feared, Pickett is feared too.
With ball in hand, Prestia is dynamite, so precise.
Pickett is like a Ninja, comes from out of nowhere, can lay a coathanger.

he should (legally) take out clangerfield at the first bounce

Noticed it too, after Scott's sh*t comments earlier this season he has made and deliberate effort to bite his lip on anything Richmond related, so much so when we beat them in round 17 he was quick to mention we are the best team in the comp at the moment and moved onto the next question pretty quickly.

Saturday is going to be a tough game, hopefully the boys get up.

I reckon he read konrad marshall's book earlier this year after realising it's probably his last chance at a flag before half his side enter old folks homes and get covid

There are many ways where we will win this game -

1) Defensive Game Plan
If executed correctly, our game plan naturally nullifies theirs. As long as we cut off their short options through the corridor and force them into the back pockets, they will be forced to kick long. Our extra tall defender helps us further in stopping intercept marks, bring the ball to ground and forcing turnovers.

2) Improved midfield number
Our contested ball numbers have gone through the roof over the final period. Prestia, Cotchin, Edwards, Martin and Graham have been terrific at center square contests plus around the ground. This has always been the oppositions greatest strength against us. They have known that if they stop our intercept marks and rebound from defense, they will break down our greatest offensive weapon. Now, they can't be certain that they will get first use of the ball and be able to win it forward from the center. It completely threw out the Saints and Port. I think it will do the same for the Cats and make them scramble the magnet board early.

3) Small Forwards
I think the game will be won by our small forwards. If its wet then their effect will be magnified. Geelong do not have strong small defenders. They rely on their height and experience down back. If you look at the game where they have struggled, its been against teams that have been able to get it to ground for their smalls. Port is a prime example of this when Motlop got hold of them. Bolton is electric up forward and, after spending all year in the midfield, has the confidence and fitness to be a real weapon moving up and down the ground.

On top of all this, our game style holds up more in finals. It's based on pressure and turnover which can not be nullified. We are faster across the ground and run out games better. Plus we are not a bunch of geriatrics with desperate players.

So all in all, we'll win this game and win it well. The Dynasty Flag is all but a given.

Blame you if we get done lol.

Don't know if it was a mistake watching R17 last night, but seeing Soldo go down because of Hawkins' push made me want to win this so much more. Soldo one of the unlucky ones this year.

Plus seeing Danger, the most boring man in football get upset after the his Grand Final loss will make it so much sweeter

Don't know if it was a mistake watching R17 last night, but seeing Soldo go down because of Hawkins' push made me want to win this so much more. Soldo one of the unlucky ones this year.

Plus seeing Danger, the most boring man in football get upset after the his Grand Final loss will make it so much sweeter
Soldo going down has probably been a blessing in disguise from a selection perspective. I reckon the panel prefer Nank - especially in finals and we dont need 2 rucks v the cats

The strangest thing............my cat has never had a problem with whistling even has his own but today i was whistling the Tiger theme song and he took off under the bed. When he came back out i tried it again and he took off again

Cat scared omen :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been trying to avoid the media drivel all week. From what I can tell most are picking the Cats with the exception of Nick Reiwoldt and Ross Lyon. Funny that, the 2 blokes that see the game as it is and don't get sucked into the emotional aspect.

I like that. Lets stay under the radar and just do our thing...

Which is win the GF.... that's our thing!!

Game could be postponed. AFL policy is if there is lightning within 10 kilometres of the game it is put on hold for 30mins, if after those 30mins the lightning is still around the game will be postponed. Be interesting if it does storm whether the AFL enacts this (we all know the AFL loves to pick and choose what rules/policies they use).

Or even vlastuin lol
We just reduce his supply from the midfield and he has no impact, fix the cause not the effect. If we get on top in the clearances I can guarantee that Danger won't be inside forward 50 for long.

The one we need to focus on is Duncan, he is probably their most balanced player under pressure and has the skillset if given the time and space to supply both Hawkins and Danger with opportunities.

We just reduce his supply from the midfield and he has no impact, fix the cause not the effect. If we get on top in the clearances I can guarantee that Danger won't be inside forward 50 for long.

The one we need to focus on is Duncan, he is probably their most balanced player under pressure and has the skillset if given the time and space to supply both Hawkins and Danger with opportunities.
Good call on Duncan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back