Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

I was in Barkley Square in Sydney Road looking for a new pair of earbuds. I saw this bloke sitting on a bench outside Coles with this really weird shirt on. It was a Bulldogs polo shirt cut in half down the middle, sewn onto a similarly sliced North Melbourne polo shirt. I sat down beside him just to take a look.

It was obviously a homemade job, well you can't just buy that s**t, can you? It had been cut all shapes and sewed back together but the work was so amateurish, like a child had done it. Those big stitches! They were visible on the outside of the garment. The maker must have run out of blue thread at some point and finished the job with white yarn. It looked so s**t. The collars didn't match and the Bulldog and Roo were sort of folded in on themselves so they were mere blurs. You wouldn't have known what they were if you weren't a footyhead like I am.

I said "That's an interesting shirt" and when the bloke turned round I realised it was Nathan Hrovat!

"Hi, I'm Nathan Hrovat," he said. "Would you like a chicken nugget?" He offered me one out of a paper cup.

"I'm actually a vegetarian, " I replied.

"That's OK, " said Nathan, "these are tofu actually. They are shaped to look and taste like chicken. I got them in the aisle with the falafels and that."

I bit into one. "That sure tastes a lot like chicken. Delicious."

He grinned this big maniacal grin and then stood up laughing, a great roaring belly laugh that startled an old lady walking past. He was in such paroxysms of mirth that he was shaking. When he regained his composure he said "I tricked you! I tricked you! That's KFC! KF fu**ing C mate ! I put in a neutral packaging!!!"

I spat out the half chewed nugget and he started laughing all the more, like a real roaring laugh that was too intense and too close and the security guards were eyeing him. It wasn't a forced laugh though he was enjoying himself.

He stopped laughing and another bloke turned up wearing wrap around shades and ripped designer denim. His T shirt was brand new plain white. "This is my brother," said Nathan. "He manages a bottle shop in Kyneton. Beat that!"

They both went off past the veg shop into the carpark laughing.
That doesn't sound boring at all.

I was in Barkley Square in Sydney Road looking for a new pair of earbuds. I saw this bloke sitting on a bench outside Coles with this really weird shirt on. It was a Bulldogs polo shirt cut in half down the middle, sewn onto a similarly sliced North Melbourne polo shirt. I sat down beside him just to take a look.

It was obviously a homemade job, well you can't just buy that s**t, can you? It had been cut all shapes and sewed back together but the work was so amateurish, like a child had done it. Those big stitches! They were visible on the outside of the garment. The maker must have run out of blue thread at some point and finished the job with white yarn. It looked so s**t. The collars didn't match and the Bulldog and Roo were sort of folded in on themselves so they were mere blurs. You wouldn't have known what they were if you weren't a footyhead like I am.

I said "That's an interesting shirt" and when the bloke turned round I realised it was Nathan Hrovat!

"Hi, I'm Nathan Hrovat," he said. "Would you like a chicken nugget?" He offered me one out of a paper cup.

"That's OK, " said Nathan, "these are tofu actually. They are shaped to look and taste like chicken. I got them in the aisle with the falafels and that."

He grinned this big maniacal grin and then stood up laughing, a great roaring belly laugh that startled an old lady walking past. He was in such paroxysms of mirth that he was shaking. When he regained his composure he said "I tricked you! I tricked you! That's KFC! KF fu**ing C mate ! I put in a neutral packaging!!!"

I spat out the half chewed nugget and he started laughing all the more, like a real roaring laugh that was too intense and too close and the security guards were eyeing him. It wasn't a forced laugh though he was enjoying himself.

He stopped laughing and another bloke turned up wearing wrap around shades and ripped designer denim. His T shirt was brand new plain white. "This is my brother," said Nathan. "He manages a bottle shop in Kyneton. Beat that!"

Skeptical George C Scott GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
And here it is in all of its glory

87d3cbd3697baa15050e896b9053bf02.jpg
Mick Malthouse?

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.

That is hilarious

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

I had a Northcote Plaza boring encounter with ex Blue Ang Christou about an hour ago.

I'd noticed a new fish and chip joint at the plaza and decided to give it a go, turns out it's owned by Ang, he gave me my order.

He still looks pretty fit.

I'd recommend the fish and chips.

He wasn't wearing a hat.

I had a Northcote Plaza boring encounter with ex Blue Ang Christou about an hour ago.

I'd noticed a new fish and chip joint and the plaza and decided to give it a go, turns out it's owned by Ang, he gave me my order.

He still looks pretty fit.

I'd recommend the fish and chips.

He wasn't wearing a hat.

Is Ang's shop nearer the good Coles or the crappy one?

Your answer will determine whether I go there or not.

HollyValentine

Debutant
Oct 23, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Will Minson came into my work one day and he was very rude and up himself like talking to any of us was a huge bother! He was super duper tall!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Made eye contact with Richo at the self checkout in the big Coles at Northcote Plaza. Didn't see what he was getting, but he was looking shifty. His legs looked pretty skinny, but were immaculately waxed.

I hope for Richo's sake that he won the TP jackpot.

Met Andrew Shipp at a party.
By this time I was completely wrecked and I spent the entire convo slagging off my ex.
Wasn't until the next day when the Facebook photos and tags went up that I realised who I had been spilling my guts to.
Was a pretty nice bloke from the vague recollections I had.

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Going back a few years the organisation I worked for was being audited by a company I can't remember the name of. What I do remember is the name Ilija Grgic as being part of the audit team.

Sure enough, come the day of the audit I remember seeing a gentle giant among the audit team. He didn't speak a word to me.

Going back a few years the organisation I worked for was being audited by a company I can't remember the name of. What I do remember is the name Ilija Grgic as being part of the audit team.

Sure enough, come the day of the audit I remember seeing a gentle giant among the audit team. He didn't speak a word to me.
High boredom content!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back