Bluemour Melting Pot XXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued here ...

Gun forward?
I disagree. He averaged 1.6 goals this year and had 1 goal assist for the year. 1 goal assist in 13 games!
Statistically he has gone backwards this year. Less disposals, less tackles, less goal assists and no more goals per game than he scored in his second year.
Coming into his 5th year of AFL football his best return is 4 goals. What's Charlies best? 7 goals
We have different expectations for what is a gun forward obviously. Harry had a good last couple of games which seems to have clouded judgements. Out of 13 games this year, he scored 1 or less goals in more than half of them them. If he's not kicking around the corner, do you have any confidence in Harry kicking for goal? People talk about Charlies durability. Perhaps they should look again. Charlie has been significantly more durable than Harry.
Harry's a good player but I'd rather have a more potent midfield kicking the ball into Charlie, TDK, Martin, Eddie, Cuningham, McGovern etc so I'd trade him for Oliver and keep our picks. We're not just talking about trading out a first rounder this year for Oliver, we're talking about next years as well. That could be 2 excellent future players.
Just my opinion.

Key forwards will generally build later on in their careers, but their development isn't linear either. McKay is still putting up reasonable numbers for the number of games he has played, and he was injured for the first half of the year which will naturally compromise his output. Then add some natural improvement as the team does and we will see a much better player. We know what he can do on field, and have seen glimpses of his extreme talent on a number of occasions - I wouldn't pay attention to raw stats alone.

I also wouldn't pay too much attention to his output in 2018 - we were done for the year, opposition teams didn't know much about him and he didn't have the same heaped expectation that's now creeping on him. Same story for Mitchell Lewis this year. Was built up as Hawthorn's forwardline saviour, but got injured earlier in the year, and started to be stood by the opposition's best defender.

TDK is our future (and probably present) 1st ruckman. No way should we be using him as a 2nd forward.

The risk of us pushing forward all our chips in the one hand.
I've already expressed my opinion around that, well enough.

Look, we all saw the value in Williams given the the outlay - No one is complaining.
We all saw the value in Saad, given our immediate needs- No one is complaining.

Oliver? Many questions and some would take him at all cost and some wouldn't. I wouldn't, but I have no say in matters, so no harm done.
Understandable. We must remember he is 22, so it is eggs in both baskets. Future and now. Realistically you get 8 good seasons out of him.
Also look at the net gain as a whole. If it’s possible to bring all these players in, coupled with Martin last year. We will be well up on the overall trade.
From what I understand the desire of Oliver to come is real. The likelihood of a trade is low. It depends on Melbourne being able to use the trade to get senior footballers into the club.
A certain Pie midfielder could unlock the trade for us.

So you dont have a history of continually bringing up trading SPS? Are you being serious? The second a trade is mention invariably you chime in with "hey guys, what about SPS?". Often you theres no discussion and you'll just say "hey guys, we should trade SPS".

We get it. You dont like SPS.

Again, I never mentioned SPS, you did. And I have never said anywhere that I dont like SPS.

SPS needs to be played in his proper position - which is not as a HBF.
i don't disagree, however to me he hasn't shown he has the work ethic, desire or athleticism to compete as a full-time midfielder. i hope he sits in walsh's pocket and has an enormous pre-season.

I haven’t seen anything about Oliver staying at Melbourne all I know so far Cripps has really impressed him and is a close chance on joining us

Please tell me Clayton Oliver is involved in this trade and is coming to us that would put the massive smile on my face ever!! :))

So from what I’m hearing Oliver was never coming to the blues?? :((

Cryptic, but I suspect Melbourne having a ready to go mid in Treloar would mitigate the damage, especially as Treloar would take over Oliver's current role as an accumulator.

I think the Pies are angling at pushing Treloar out to create some more cap space. His contract extends out to 2025, and if he's still on 700k+ he'd have to be expendable under the right conditions to create some flexibility to bring others players in.

No that was 100% true - was over 2 weeks ago.
Sorry so you are saying the Oliver said he wanted to be a blue over 2 weeks ago but now this is a smokescreen and a player we were previously linked too is now coming?

is this degoey on less money? He did seek us out firstly so he obviously has some want to play for us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Understandable. We must remember he is 22, so it is eggs in both baskets. Future and now. Realistically you get 8 good seasons out of him.
Also look at the net gain as a whole. If it’s possible to bring all these players in, coupled with Martin last year. We will be well up on the overall trade.
From what I understand the desire of Oliver to come is real. The likelihood of a trade is low. It depends on Melbourne being able to use the trade to get senior footballers into the club.

Let's say we somehow do attain Oliver. I'll accept that any fears I may have had around the acquisition should no longer be there.

I'm not the least bit nervous about Williams nor Saad, but given where our list currently is (in a bit of limbo) I see Oliver as a risk to any future dealings.
Oliver is not a Dangerfield nor Neale that will drag others along with him. Maybe he'll yet become that player...I don't know, but don't see it.

Anyway, what happens, happens....and we'll like it :)

Sorry so you are saying the Oliver said he wanted to be a blue over 2 weeks ago but now this is a smokescreen and a player we were previously linked too is now coming?

is this degoey on less money? He did seek us out firstly so he obviously has some want to play for us
He told us he wanted to come 2 weeks ago. I dont think we can afford him in wages/picks. Much more likely in 2022.

a smokescreen? lol this is getting silly.

have the CIA infiltrated our football club or something? i'm aware 2020 is disinformation warfare, i didn't realise that was extending to AFL rumours.
Thats the biggest change since SOS left. Club does not leak anywhere near as much as they used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back