AWST: 4.30pm – WA
ACST: 6pm – NT
ACDT: 7pm - SA

BRAODCAST GUIDE:
CH7
AFL LIVE PASS

GF_DEFCON_1024x576_WhatTIme-1-.jpg%20+%20

Ekh4FcRU8AIrB2N

Look at it this way: it's all Geelong's fault.

The year is 2017. It's 3 quarter time, and Geelong are only thirteen points down. Hawkins went and got himself suspended, and Geelong had no-one to kick to, but had acquitted themselves decently. They were second, Richmond third; had they won, Richmond would've had to play Sydney in Melbourne, but then Adelaide in Adelaide. That year, they wouldn't have beaten Adelaide at home; Adelaide were another team completely at home.

But, as we all know, Richmond proceeded to kick 7 goals in the final term. Geelong didn't just capitulate, they tripped over their own feet. They spent the entire last term panicking, kicking it back to Richmond, and in so doing they ensured that Richmond need not play a single game away from the G for the rest of the finals series, against two interstate sides in GWS and Adelaide. They were the last side that could've beaten Richmond, and they ****ed it up.

They are the team most responsible for the current AFL status quo, in which Richmond's gameplan has been validated over and over again. They are responsible for the belief they got from that year, which has seen them get Lynch and go from strength to strength. Without that validation for their highly unconventional gameplan, they would look extremely different in this context.

They need set it right. It's almost fitting that it's Geelong against them this week. They're righting what they wronged, and they're defending their own record as the second best AFL team of the new millennium, because that's what this game is for them.

So, you'd better get it right, you bastards.

I have a slight problem with Ash Barty presenting the cup to the Ferals, not because of her gender but because she has no links to footy whatsoever.

Surely Football's First Lady, Caroline Wilson would have been a far more appropriate choice, especially given her father was once President of the Club (plus it would have been fun to see the rage from Norf and * fans had being given the gong)

I have a slight problem with Ash Barty presenting the cup to the Ferals, not because of her gender but because she has no links to footy whatsoever.

Surely Football's First Lady, Caroline Wilson would have been a far more appropriate choice, especially given her father was once President of the Club (plus it would have been fun to see the rage from Norf and * fans had being given the gong)
Huh, isn't Caro locked in to Victoria at the moment, not Qld. 2 week quarantine won't get her there by Saturday. Barty is ultra high profile, and worthy of plenty of respect. She will be at the game regardless, and I am sure read/heard she is their no. 1 ticket holder

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huh, isn't Caro locked in to Victoria at the moment, not Qld. 2 week quarantine won't get her there by Saturday. Barty is ultra high profile, and worthy of plenty of respect. She will be at the game regardless, and I am sure read/heard she is their no. 1 ticket holder

Forgot about the lockdown stuff, so far point..

But what about Ian Nankervis ? Is he also based in QLD these days ?

If it wasn’t for FIGJAM Danger and whingy whiny Chris Scott I’d easily support the Cats.
But the thought of seeing these two sooking it up at the end makes it a harder choice than it need be. Probably support the Cats just barely because, well, it’s the Tigers.

Forgot about the lockdown stuff, so far point..

But what about Ian Nankervis ? Is he also based in QLD these days ?
Yep, just on local news, living in "regional Queensland" approach came out of the blue, had short interview with him. No specifics exactly where he lives. but been in Qld upwards of 30 years. BTW, was a bloody good rover in a great era. Skilton, Smith etc., Nankervis right in the conversation with them.

I am so annoyed with Geelong fans righr now and their arrogant and condescending entitlement with regards a trade for Jeremy Cameron that I am now (begrudgingly) am leaning towards a Tigers win.

They also seem to have it in for us Blues fans (still bitter over 1995 it seems)

Back