Delistings - predictions 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Bruce said that there could be circumstances which would see the club retain Taylor but declined to make what they could be. I asked him for examples and he responded as he did. At no point was the question whether Bruce has inside knowledge about the actual situation, it was about what he would consider to be the kind of situation that would warrant us keeping him. Bruce's inability to imagine a reasonable extenuating circumstance is instructive - there isn't one.
To be fair I was trying at the time to shovel breakfast into the kids.

The argument is tedious. The absolutism is lazy. The truth is none of us know.

Bruce said that there could be circumstances which would see the club retain Taylor but declined to make what they could be. I asked him for examples and he responded as he did. At no point was the question whether Bruce has inside knowledge about the actual situation, it was about what he would consider to be the kind of situation that would warrant us keeping him. Bruce's inability to imagine a reasonable extenuating circumstance is instructive - there isn't one.

Acknowledged! :thumbsu:
Thanks for restatement of your speculative presumptuous (based on faulty axiom or postulate) just your OPINION.

Sealioning you were not interested - it would be hard and fast WRONG anyway

Specific moderator mandate NOT to delve into such matters here. Take it up PM if you must or like to?
(Am I dreamin' but weren't you a past mod?)

Time will tell.
Wherever......... I hope ET turns into a top line footballer and good person.

My opinion lots of compounding considerations and "circumstances' are possible.

Have a nice day sorry to interject.:$

If Elijah gets a termination payout, I think it will be more to do with lack of professionalism rather than outcome of the court case.

After the hub breaches and assault allegations. I am guessing the club would have told him to keep a low profile and most importantly stay away from his ex girlfriend. But he couldn't follow those instructions.

Whats the knock on Stoddart?

We had a heap of players exactly like him would be my guess. He was just the unfortunate one who was coming out of contract this year. He also didn't really do anything that suggested he was going to be a gun in my opinion. He looked ok in one of his games, but that's about the most that can be said for him. Once Ling debuted and looked like he had a future, the writing was on the wall for Stoddart.

Surely Amerty goes

I don't know about Amartey, I would have thought so, but with Naismith going down, we might wait until after trade period to see if we land a ruck, and to review the departures before we re-sign/delist him. He wasn't trash on debut and we need rucks. I could definitely see a couple of scenarios where we keep him.

Saw quite a bit of him in the neafl prior to this year and I liked him... good hands, nice long kick and fast as.
Struggled to make an impression when chosen to play in injury-riddled first teams and not given any continuity to adjust or settle.
Like many that come to our club, the demands of conforming to an overly-disciplined game plan has hindered his development imo.
We have no time for flair and instinct here... just give us 22 soldiers and we’ll be good for another 72 years 😉

We had squad depth in his position. We have still got four other uncontracted defenders. Of which Fox, Melican and Thurlow were best 22 in the second half of the season. And Ling is a 1st round draft pick who played his first injury free season.

Stoddart did well in the reserves as a half back flanker, but did not get a long run of games to adjust to the pressure and structure of AFL level. He is skinny but he is quick, a decent height and has a long kick.

It was bad timing to get injured mid season as he would have got more opportunities. In his last game he got criticised for bombing the ball long. But he took a few contested marks and won a few possessions. Hopefully he gets a chance with another club.

We had a heap of players exactly like him would be my guess. He was just the unfortunate one who was coming out of contract this year. He also didn't really do anything that suggested he was going to be a gun in my opinion. He looked ok in one of his games, but that's about the most that can be said for him. Once Ling debuted and looked like he had a future, the writing was on the wall for Stoddart.

I don't know about Amartey, I would have thought so, but with Naismith going down, we might wait until after trade period to see if we land a ruck, and to review the departures before we re-sign/delist him. He wasn't trash on debut and we need rucks. I could definitely see a couple of scenarios where we keep him.
We have the following uncontracted players from the main list after delistings
1. Thurlow
2. Fox
3. Ling
4. Foot
5. Ronke

Then
6. Stoddart has been delisted from the main list.
Also
7. E Taylor essentially delisted himself. But has not been.

If we bring in 3 draft picks. That is 3 list spots. Who goes?
If we trade in McCartin and Hogan. then that is 5 list spots.
If we trade in a ruck that is 6 list spots.

Thurlow, Fox and Ling have claims to be kept. Interesting times.

1. Thurlow
2. Fox
3. Ling
4. Foot
5. Ronke

Then
Also

Foot and Ronke would be my first tips. I think they're only being held at the moment in the hope that we can find a trade partner for them. If we can't I think they'll both be delisted. I think it's highly doubtful that we got both of McCartin and Hogan, and it's probably doubtful that we even get one of them.

Foot and Ronke would be my first tips. I think they're only being held at the moment in the hope that we can find a trade partner for them. If we can't I think they'll both be delisted. I think it's highly doubtful that we got both of McCartin and Hogan, and it's probably doubtful that we even get one of them.
Does this show our hand as what we are likely to do in draft and trade?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does this show our hand as what we are likely to do in draft and trade?

I would imagine every club knows that both of those players are available. Every club holds onto a couple of steak knives players heading into trade period in case they come in handy. Foot and Ronke are two of ours.

1. Thurlow
2. Fox
3. Ling
4. Foot
5. Ronke

Then
Also

Ling is the only one in that list worth holding onto.

Only had limited time at senior AFL level, but just seem to panic when he had the football and turned it over.

Surprising, considering that he was quick and had good evasive skills but he would just bang it on his boot too often.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ling is the only one in that list worth holding onto.
Harsh on Fox. Even Thurlow was good this year and Foot might have a bit of upside. I'm guessing Ronke gets moved on to another club in the trade period but it might mean 1-2 harsh delistings.

However if McCartin does join I think it might be on the rookie list.

Harsh on Fox. Even Thurlow was good this year and Foot might have a bit of upside. I'm guessing Ronke gets moved on to another club in the trade period but it might mean 1-2 harsh delistings.

However if McCartin does join I think it might be on the rookie list.
Agree with you, no way he will be senior listed Mccartin.

1. Thurlow
2. Fox
3. Ling
4. Foot
5. Ronke

Then
Also

We may look at these players in terms of how they performed this year but the club will look at their potential, as they would with a new recruit. All have quite a bit of upside. Many players don't start producing their best until their mid 20s. We've seen what Ronke is capable of, so the question is whether he can get consistency into his game. Thurlow & Fox showed much improvement this year that suggests they may get even better. Foot, Ling have shown glimpses that suggest they could become very good.

I am looking forward to the 2021 thread.

1 - Sam Reid
2 - Sam Gray

Just saved us $700-800k

Remove this Banner Ad

Back