Welcome Kyle Hartigan joins the Hawks in a trade from the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Calm down...
  1. We have McEvoy who is one of the best ruckmen in the competition (but played out of position - will this happen again next year? don't know)
  2. Gunston is not confirmed as leaving yet, and achieved similar output to all the notable key forwards
  3. We still have Breust and Wingard as small forwards, Breust is one of the best in the competition (behind maybe Cameron now)
  4. If quarters return to full length next season Scully is also a servicable outside mid, and Day may step into the role also (I also haven't seen anything officially saying Smith is leaving)
I agree we have weaknesses, and hope we can improve across a number of areas, but you can't fix your entire list overnight; every team has different gaps at varying times.
I'm not sure you are doing this right.
  1. McEvoy - SPUD
  2. Gunston - SPUD
  3. Bruest - SPUD & Wingard - SPUD
  4. Day - SPUD
We need to improve all the areas because we only have spuds! And we only recruit spuds! All the other clubs have SUPERSTARS!!!!

And I forgot, Graham Wright - SPUD, and any coach that served under Clarko is a SUPERSTAR!!!! But Clarko is a SPUD.....

Calm down...
  1. We have McEvoy who is one of the best ruckmen in the competition (but played out of position - will this happen again next year? don't know)
  2. Gunston is not confirmed as leaving yet, and achieved similar output to all the notable key forwards
  3. We still have Breust and Wingard as small forwards, Breust is one of the best in the competition (behind maybe Cameron now)
  4. If quarters return to full length next season Scully is also a servicable outside mid, and Day may step into the role also (I also haven't seen anything officially saying Smith is leaving)
I agree we have weaknesses, and hope we can improve across a number of areas, but you can't fix your entire list overnight; every team has different gaps at varying times.
Glass half full way to look at it.. Our gaps are massive so much that I don’t believe we can compete again next season:
- McEvoy can’t ruck full time anymore, that’s the reason he’s played out of position - body’s cooked, we don’t have a ruck
- Gunston and Bruest are mid sized forwards in my view- lack the attributes of proper tall or small forwards that we are crying out for
- Scully looks cooked in my view. I’m not willing to blame his poor form this season on the shorter quarters. Wingard is more of a mid/forward
- Our key position stocks are woeful

Glass half full way to look at it.. Our gaps are massive so much that I don’t believe we can compete again next season:
- McEvoy can’t ruck full time anymore, that’s the reason he’s played out of position - body’s cooked, we don’t have a ruck
- Gunston and Bruest are mid sized forwards in my view- lack the attributes of proper tall or small forwards that we are crying out for
- Scully looks cooked in my view. I’m not willing to blame his poor form this season on the shorter quarters. Wingard is more of a mid/forward
- Our key position stocks are woeful

This pretty much.

This pretty much.

Man, you've got to have optimism don't you? Otherwise 'supporters' would be called detractors, right?
It's bad enough losing... but being miserable about it all the time when you can't change it... geez that's a painful way to live :(

Good astute recruitment.
Welcome.

Funny paradox that we'd love to offer a very late pick to make it a trade and thus keep any Smith compensation pick... And Adelaide would be wise to refuse such, to hope AFL house were instead generous with a robust compo pick to them. Gill's quite likely to give them something more than decent given how trash they are.

It's likely to be quite a funny reverse negotiation:

HAWKS: We'll give you pick 73 for him
ADEL: No, have him for free
HAWKS: No, we don't want him for free, how about we give you pick 52 then?

what makes you say we retired him?? Could Chip had made the decision himself? Maybe the Hawks might have expected him to go around again...... don’t know either way unless I have missed something.

Welcome Kyle to the Hawks and hope like Hendo you give a couple of years of good service

Well, just based on Chip saying he would consider a Birchall type deal to me suggests he thinks he can still play on.

Well, just based on Chip saying he would consider a Birchall type deal to me suggests he thinks he can still play on.
Hawthorn has a very aggressive medical assessment don't they? i.e. they'll tell you exactly when your body is done in the Hawthorn system.

Happened to Hale, Lake, and now Chip. I did have concern for him with that bad run of migraines, I felt like that might be a body saying it was time to slow down, never mind the abuse his poor back took from protected forwards leading with pointy knees.

This pretty much.
Big Boy will struggle to play ruck from now on in. He has lost whatever jumping ability he ever had (still good contested mark though and an absolute warrior).

Gunston and Bruest are definetly mid sized forwards and we are really lacking in Key Forward stocks (also need a classy small forward ala Charlie Cameron)

Our midfield is mid range at best. Bit to one speed and vanilla IMOH. Also a bit on the small side in my opinion.

Our backline I think is okay but without Sicily it is lacking a little in classy ball users off half back. Probably our strongest line though with Day and Scrimmers coming along nicely.

Our team is strong in the utility/role type of player like a Howe or Hardwick but I don't think any team has ever won a AFL premiership with a team stacked full of those types and no gun forwards / midfielders.

Think of the 3 peat years, a forward line stacked with talent so much that Gunston was playing on the oppositions 6th worst backman and a midfield trio of Lewis, Hodge and Mitchell.

We are still not terrible because any side coached by Clarko will be so well drilled it will still eak out 7 to 9 wins a year but when you look at our list disspationatly can anyone really think we are close to the next flag?

Very good character reference on Kyle. Very much loved by the Crows coaches as a leader on the track gives everything. Players loved him too does everything on the track and sets a great example. They are sad to see him move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows supporters will be saying good riddance. Perineal whipping boy

Yep, the same crew that preferred to keep Mackay over Henderson and were also jubilant when Lyons was pushed out so cooked Thommo could be gifted a gold watch year. I wouldn't take much notice of most of the views over there. Hartigan is perfectly ok and plays his best footy when he's the primary KPD. Grows another leg when Talia is out.

Very good character reference on Kyle. Very much loved by the Crows coaches as a leader on the track gives everything. Players loved him too does everything on the track and sets a great example. They are sad to see him move on.

Good to hear.
Great for our culture.......

So, we get rid of Hodge, Brich and Chip, only to bring in a 29yr old because he trains well and has a good character?

Our club has slipped a long way with some horrible decisions over the past few years. This is one of those dumb decisions if we are that poor in personal that we need a "good trainer with a good character" at 29yrs of age to fix the slide while booting legends.

Maybe we need other changes at the club rather then a 29yr old "great fella". Just a thought :drunk:

So, we get rid of Hodge, Brich and Chip, only to bring in a 29yr old because he trains well and has a good character?

Our club has slipped a long way with some horrible decisions over the past few years. This is one of those dumb decisions if we are that poor in personal that we need a "good trainer with a good character" at 29yrs of age to fix the slide while booting legends.

Maybe we need other changes at the club rather then a 29yr old "great fella". Just a thought :drunk:
Wow. Would love to hear how you equate the decisions for Hodge et al to leave, to Hartigan being recruited (if it happens).

You make out like we sacked a bunch of Club Champs to make space for Hartigan.

Unfortunately, I'm not surprised that you'd not make a link between good characters leaving & an apparent good character arriving.

You didn't think this through very well did you dude.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wow. Would love to hear how you equate the decisions for Hodge et al to leave, to Hartigan being recruited (if it happens).

You make out like we sacked a bunch of Club Champs to make space for Hartigan.

Unfortunately, I'm not surprised that you'd not make a link between good characters leaving & an apparent good character arriving.

And I'm not surprised at all that you are unable to see that the other posters are essentially saying that we are recruiting this bloke because he has a good training ethos.

Seriously, if we a grabbing 29yr olds to set the example to Mitchel, JOM, Wingard etc etc etc then we are in a deep deep deep hole as a club, but you can make what I wrote suit yourself, as you did. Enjoy your personal problem. I find it amusing.

And I'm not surprised at all that you are unable to see that the other posters are essentially saying that we are recruiting this bloke because he has a good training ethos.

Seriously, if we a grabbing 29yr olds to set the example to Mitchel, JOM, Wingard etc etc etc then we are in a deep deep deep hole as a club, but you can make what I wrote suit yourself, as you did. Enjoy your personal problem. I find it amusing.
Haha
So you think we grabbed him cos he's a good bloke, not because he's free & we don't have a Full Back?

And you think that other posters are of the same mindset?

And now I have a personal problem for calling you out on one of the week's stupidest posts?

Get off the crack!
Who said that?

That's just it. Nobody has said anything of the sort.

Haha
So you think we grabbed him cos he's a good bloke, not because he's free & we don't have a Full Back?

And you think that other posters are of the same mindset?

And now I have a personal problem for calling you out on one of the week's stupidest posts?

Get off the crack!

That's just it. Nobody has said anything of the sort.
How boring.

This signing indicates to me that the club has no idea which KPD they want to put their faith in, is it Kossie?, is it Hartley?, is it Hartigan?
No, it doesn't.

It means we know we need a rotation of able-bodied defenders, and are short on back-up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back