List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s an okay player in a bottom 8 side but he won’t get consistent games in a finals playing side. It really is that simple.

He isn’t best 22 & surplus however is taking up around 400k. Move him on, bring in a depth player that covers a position we need (mckernan ruck) for 150k & save 250k for a gun. That’s good list management.

Now put the bottle down & ease up on the caps champino.

Yeah not pissed about Dunstan leaving, just think its silly talking like he was the cause of our lack of success for the last decade. Not Dunstan's fault we didn't have better players and not Richo's fault Dunstan isn't better.
Hands up who thinks we would have won a premiership if we picked Crouch instead of Dunstan like we should have ?

( and i don't like being Champed.....starts to shake with anger ....whiskey almost spilling from the glass ).

As was Dangerfield, Cameron, Daniher

And all those were / will be traded for...

Adel pushed crouch as due to the lure of pick 2, if we finished mid table no way we push him out. So it's in everyone best interest to get a FA done and not a trade....

Some serious under rating of crouch going on, he's an inside beast who can also get on the outside. Has been better then Steele / Jones every season except for Steele season this year. Steele needs someone else in there to help him with the grunt.... it would be a massive missed opportunity to miss out on Crouch.
Is this why the crow offered him 1 year

Reckon Bing is a chance
lack of urgency around Carlise
12months and realise he desperately wants to play with brother....
Big name player rumours

Its happening..??

Yep, my thinking exactly...
now that the Suns are responsible for paying the ambassador gift the AFL generously bestowed on Bing -

why not our first this and next year, and maybe a player, with a pick/s back and get him this trade period? Or some other arrangement with the same outcome?

Can come this club 2021? 😊

As was Dangerfield, Cameron, Daniher

And all those were / will be traded for...

Adel pushed crouch as due to the lure of pick 2, if we finished mid table no way we push him out. So it's in everyone best interest to get a FA done and not a trade....

Some serious under rating of crouch going on, he's an inside beast who can also get on the outside. Has been better then Steele / Jones every season except for Steele season this year. Steele needs someone else in there to help him with the grunt.... it would be a massive missed opportunity to miss out on Crouch.

I’m pretty sure the Adelaide list management team are sitting reading our board right now with a tube of lube in hand and fired right up by your comments on the Saints Bigfooty board.

Or, more likely, we, including you, have NFI what is going to actually happen. What you are suggesting is ludicrous though. Paying a guy overs hundreds of thousands over so you can MAYBE get band 1 compensation but nobody knows for sure as there are no guidelines and the AFL will decide on a whim
anyway.

Really not sure why you are bothering. You being on this thread makes no difference to anything.

Yeah not pissed about Dunstan leaving, just think its silly talking like he was the cause of our lack of success for the last decade. Not Dunstan's fault we didn't have better players and not Richo's fault Dunstan isn't better.
Hands up who thinks we would have won a premiership if we picked Crouch instead of Dunstan like we should have ?

( and i don't like being Champed.....starts to shake with anger ....whiskey almost spilling from the glass ).

In fairness I said he contributed to one of the worst teams of the past 30 years. In that he was 1/40 odd on our list. It’s no surprise he was out of favour under Ratts after the covid lockdown break. I think it’s in his interest & ours to part ways. And I was tossing up calling you pal, champ & sunshine. I believe I chose the lesser of evils.

I reckon Garry Lyon is one of the best footy analysts in the industry, but his take on the Crouch situation is probably the worst out of any journo so far.

a) the idea that we would offer 550k per year and have Crouch agree to that, only to realise that it won’t trigger band one and then offer 700+ the next day, is absolutely farcical. Seriously, how dumb do journos think clubs are.

b) why tf would giving both Webster and Dunstan up for token picks be doing us a favour. It’s pretty likely both would get offered contracts by a club in the league. Lyon’s idea that Adelaide taking them off our hands as a favour makes no sense. It would only be doing us a favour if we were desperate to get rid of both and no clubs were interested in them. It would be doing us a ‘favour’ if they gave us a decent draft pick for them. Coughing them up for pick 80 is most likely not doing us a favour.
Hey Crispo Duck man,
Gaz Lyon is bang on the money, the Webster and Dunstan deal makes entire sense and is very profitable for the club. If needed i can explain why for you?
Adelaide would indeed be doing us a favour by taking them off our hands as we get to now keep our first round pick rather than have to trade it to Adelaide after they would have matched our original offer to Brad. We still end up getting Brad albeit he himself profits slightly more, but there is no extra money going into our cap, in fact we are saving money with the salary dump of Jimmy and Spook.
We win because we get our man, keep our first pick, save cap space. The Crows win as they get their pick 2 they have been after, plus add two middle aged solid players to help build. This is a win win for everyone mate. Logic brother, all this is :):thumbsupemoji:. Great move by the club.

Hey Crispo Duck man,
Gaz Lyon is bang on the money, the Webster and Dunstan deal makes entire sense and is very profitable for the club. If needed i can explain why for you?
Adelaide would indeed be doing us a favour by taking them off our hands as we get to now keep our first round pick rather than have to trade it to Adelaide after they would have matched our original offer to Brad. We still end up getting Brad albeit he himself profits slightly more, but there is no extra money going into our cap, in fact we are saving money with the salary dump of Jimmy and Spook.
We win because we get our man, keep our first pick, save cap space. The Crows win as they get their pick 2 they have been after, plus add two middle aged solid players to help build. This is a win win for everyone mate. Logic brother, all this is :):thumbsupemoji:. Great move by the club.
Is Caldwell still staying with GWS?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brad Crouch must be some employee that his former employee is arguing he gets a higher salary on his behalf.

Hey Crispo Duck man,

Makes sense for next year but what about the following 3-4 years where we have allocated an extra couple hundred gees to Crouch & Webster & Dunny’s
Contracts would’ve expired?!

In fairness I said he contributed to one of the worst teams of the past 30 years. In that he was 1/40 odd on our list. It’s no surprise he was out of favour under Ratts after the covid lockdown break. I think it’s in his interest & ours to part ways. And I was tossing up calling you pal, champ & sunshine. I believe I chose the lesser of evils.

I think team selections this year were heavily weighted in favour of players who were match fit, with only a few scratch games for the others.
I think that's one of the reasons why Savage came in ahead of Roberton and Webster.
But if we get Crouch I really don't see a place for Dunstan. To me that's the main thing. Crouch is better than Dunstan.

Hey Crispo Duck man,

Why would Adelaide match? Quite clearly they don’t want to keep him, and certainly not for another 5 years.

Some mail from a reliable source;
Dunstan most likely gone
Ross is a good chance to go as well.
However I’ve also heard that some board members were looking to stretch the salary cap next year - indication of a big fish?
That’s all I’ve got.
I’ve heard Sebby Ross to Carlton actually.

Does that match what you got told?

Some mail from a reliable source;
Dunstan most likely gone
Ross is a good chance to go as well.
However I’ve also heard that some board members were looking to stretch the salary cap next year - indication of a big fish?
That’s all I’ve got.

So Seb
Pick 15, next years first

for

Bing and a second coming back..??

I’m in

Why would Adelaide match? Quite clearly they don’t want to keep him, and certainly not for another 5 years.
Because without matching they would have been given a late 2nd round compo pick from the AFL which is clearly unders for a player of brads quality. They would have matched on the basis of then trading for our first pick. Make sense?

Didn’t he admit in his column he didn’t know who we were targeting but that we were targeting someone big?

Well maybe he was just being cryptic, I mean Bing is Over 200cm....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back