Bad Beat/Vent/Brag thread

Remove this Banner Ad

They should all be cancelled. Everyone touching poker chips and playing cards hundreds of times and moving them around can't be good.
You're right. I think it's a bit selfish and irresponsible from them.

Wow

Playing 6 handed blinds 4/800 I am UTG and look down at 78:clubs:

I limp , UTG+1 limps , Dealer raises to 2500 , SB calls , BB calls and I figure the pot has value so I call UTG+1 folds - nearly 11k in the pot

Flop is 10K9 all :clubs: - sweet

SB all in for 10500 , BB all in for 25k - I push my 31k stack forward and the dealer thinks about it for 3 minutes before calling - 110k pot (approx)

I show my 78 , Dealer shows pocket 10s , SB shows pocket Js with one the Jack of clubs - closing one end of my straight flush draw , BB shows AQ with the Q of clubs - this Q closes SBs straight flush draw - effectively dead

I have the nuts - but another club except the 6 leaves me dead

Dealer has trip 10s

Turn is 5 red - excitement builds

River is red and I start smiling - till I realise its the 10 to give the dealer quad 10s

Man I havent player poker in months since the lockdown, just couldnt get in to online poker over this period, will be interesting what's happened to my "skills" and if its a game you come back rusty to or if it doesn't make a difference.
Yeah I haven't played since mid March either

Dunno what I'll be like when I play again, might take a few games to warm up

Fair to say we might not play again til 2021

Wow

Playing 6 handed blinds 4/800 I am UTG and look down at 78:clubs:

I limp , UTG+1 limps , Dealer raises to 2500 , SB calls , BB calls and I figure the pot has value so I call UTG+1 folds - nearly 11k in the pot

Flop is 10K9 all :clubs: - sweet

SB all in for 10500 , BB all in for 25k - I push my 31k stack forward and the dealer thinks about it for 3 minutes before calling - 110k pot (approx)

I show my 78 , Dealer shows pocket 10s , SB shows pocket Js with one the Jack of clubs - closing one end of my straight flush draw , BB shows AQ with the Q of clubs - this Q closes SBs straight flush draw - effectively dead

I have the nuts - but another club except the 6 leaves me dead

Dealer has trip 10s

Turn is 5 red - excitement builds

River is red and I start smiling - till I realise its the 10 to give the dealer quad 10s
SB could've saved you (and probably BB) by shoving pre like he should've. Sick hand though.

SB could've saved you (and probably BB) by shoving pre like he should've. Sick hand though.
I hate it when other players incompetence costs you big time, but I guess it's part of the game

One game before Xmas I called a totally BS shove from a short stack in middle position, but I was short myself with only 15-20k more than him, so I felt I had to jam myself to get the table to fold as there was like 3-4 to still get through.

I had a big ace and had made a pair on the flop and had his pair of 6s absolutely crushed

Big stack in late position called with a weak ace, problem was he had made two pair though and off I go to the car park once it held for him.

Ran into a similar situation in February in a 3 handed pot, but I was a big stack this time not at risk but had middle pair, knew I was ahead of the jammer but folded as I had a hunch late position was calling and she did and she was ahead of me with top pair (jammer had bottom pair and a gut shot). That fold saved me around a third of my stack and I ended up winning that night.

Brighton Friday night last - not me but someone else

AKoff and raises - gets round to JQ off with the Q a heart - flop is J10h 4d bet and call

Turn is the Kh given AK top pair plus top kicker but flush is out there

River is the Ah giving AK 2 pair

But

Royal Flush for the caller - AK checks the 1 heart board - Royal jams and AK somehow folds ( though its easy in hindsight)

What made it even worse was 30 minutes later same 2 players head to head - AK from previous hand hits club flush on flop and slow plays RF player - small bets to check position etc

Raises the bet on the turn and jams on the river - to see RF player with a small straight flush to the K

AK left the venue very rapidly

Yeah I haven't played since mid March either

Dunno what I'll be like when I play again, might take a few games to warm up

Fair to say we might not play again til 2021

At least in Victoria, no chance of Crown Poker being open until at least 2021 and maybe even later in that year apparently :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont ever play tired
Dont listen to mates
Do check your own cards

Blinds are 2/4k sitting in the SB position with 20k and 2/9 off - 2 limpers and I make 3 - knowing BB wont/hardly ever raises ie I can limp and look at a flop for another 2k

Flop j28 with 2 diamonds. Checks around

Turn is 9 diamonds giving me the 2 pair but a 2 card flush draw opening to a 4 card flush draw.

Ehh I shove my 18k and BB tanks and calls the other 2 fold

I try and lol my 2 of diamonds into a flush draw and quietly turn my 9 over and say 2 pair

BB turns over AK with the King of Diamonds and hilarity ensues as my 2 is gangstered

I have 2 pair and BB has nada - then my mate pipes up Ace on the river will win - my tired brain scrambles and when I see the Ace on the river I push my chips BB way and stand up

A minute later I'm at the table replaying the hand in my head and it dawns on me

Ughhh

Dont ever play tired
Dont listen to mates
Do check your own cards

Blinds are 2/4k sitting in the SB position with 20k and 2/9 off - 2 limpers and I make 3 - knowing BB wont/hardly ever raises ie I can limp and look at a flop for another 2k

Flop j28 with 2 diamonds. Checks around

Turn is 9 diamonds giving me the 2 pair but a 2 card flush draw opening to a 4 card flush draw.

Ehh I shove my 18k and BB tanks and calls the other 2 fold

I try and lol my 2 of diamonds into a flush draw and quietly turn my 9 over and say 2 pair

BB turns over AK with the King of Diamonds and hilarity ensues as my 2 is gangstered

I have 2 pair and BB has nada - then my mate pipes up Ace on the river will win - my tired brain scrambles and when I see the Ace on the river I push my chips BB way and stand up

A minute later I'm at the table replaying the hand in my head and it dawns on me

Ughhh
Did no-one on the table notice your 2-pair? Was this a home game?

I hate it when other players incompetence costs you big time, but I guess it's part of the game
Not so much incompetence but certainly another WTF moment for me

Playing a weekend tournament big turnout of 88 - sitting halfway with a 100k stack

Just moved to a new table and know most and its a tough table -though limpy - then another players sits down to my left - not sure I know of him but ehh

I am dealer , blinds are 2.5/5k and I look at 69:diamonds: - and the table limps to me and so I figure why not limp along. SB/BB also limp

Flop is 10A2:diamonds: - sweet but I am concerned over the 4th diamond and my lowish 9

SB (new player) bets 10k most drop out and I call - if the turn is a 4th diamond I most likely bail - its not its a 7H

SB bets 15k - here I figure I have a choice - shove my 80k or so and get him to fold anything not 2 diamonds or abandon the hand - I had put him on the Ace rag

I shove and he calls and shows his 1 Diamond the King - I was surprised he called most of his stack ie 88 to my 85 - ok I could use the chips for sure - would put me in a good position

Until I turn over his Q diamond and get up from the table

He bet $1300 1st place on a 4th diamond - if he had 150k sure but to put his tournament at risk was a big call in my book - and maybe thats me and why I finish outside the money in big tournaments like this one

He did not win tournament

Not so much incompetence but certainly another WTF moment for me

Playing a weekend tournament big turnout of 88 - sitting halfway with a 100k stack

Just moved to a new table and know most and its a tough table -though limpy - then another players sits down to my left - not sure I know of him but ehh

I am dealer , blinds are 2.5/5k and I look at 69:diamonds: - and the table limps to me and so I figure why not limp along. SB/BB also limp

Flop is 10A2:diamonds: - sweet but I am concerned over the 4th diamond and my lowish 9

SB (new player) bets 10k most drop out and I call - if the turn is a 4th diamond I most likely bail - its not its a 7H

SB bets 15k - here I figure I have a choice - shove my 80k or so and get him to fold anything not 2 diamonds or abandon the hand - I had put him on the Ace rag

I shove and he calls and shows his 1 Diamond the King - I was surprised he called most of his stack ie 88 to my 85 - ok I could use the chips for sure - would put me in a good position

Until I turn over his Q diamond and get up from the table

He bet $1300 1st place on a 4th diamond - if he had 150k sure but to put his tournament at risk was a big call in my book - and maybe thats me and why I finish outside the money in big tournaments like this one

He did not win tournament
I would've raised that flop, which would probably have been a shove given the pot size (I'm guessing ~60k preflop + ~20k on the flop when it got to you). Result would probably be the same though.

I would've raised that flop, which would probably have been a shove given the pot size (I'm guessing ~60k preflop + ~20k on the flop when it got to you). Result would probably be the same though.
If I had the K and had a raise on the flop I would call it - thats why I waited for the turn - it squeezes it all down to the River

If I had the K and had a raise on the flop I would call it - thats why I waited for the turn - it squeezes it all down to the River
You're saying if you were in villain's shoes and facing a flop raise, you would call?

I think calling the flop as played is fine but with the risk that a 4th diamond hit on the turn. I'd rather get it in on the flop and if everyone folds I'm fine with it. You're almost doubling your stack anyway.

First pub sesh back

Absolutely card dead like normal at this venue

Chipped up slightly to 31k from my 20k start before my 40k add on was given at the break, then eventually just got blinded down to a jam with K9s with 30k at 4/8kbbs UTG. UTG2 jammed too and he only had 23k with a suited queen. I hit my king on the flop and won the flip, back up to 65k, but again whittled down to 30k come 5/10bbs, picked up KQ in the BB, jammed and got 2 callers, hit my King again but got done by a raggy rivered two pair by one of the big stacks.

Only played like 4 hands post flop after the break (3 in the blinds) and probably no more than a dozen for the night, had a pretty good winning post flop strike rate at least but just didn't get the cards often enough, called out a bluff early on which was nice, but yeah, onto the next game whenever that'll be, felt it was a good hitout, didn't fall into the trap of playing marginal hands in early position then missing flops, as what I was doing in 2019 and in January last year, so yeah, not much else I'd have done I think tonight.

Anyways

Following on from that post

Based on my wins/high venue/regional placings from summer last year just before lockdowns, I qualified for the Victorian arm of the APLPT which was obviously rescheduled. First one is in about 6 weeks but they'll let me play either that or the 2nd one later in the year, don't think I can play the March one, would say the next one would be around May-July, so aiming for that, but apparently you can give away your credits to another player if you don't/cant use them. Apparently the prize pools are way bigger as they're scrapping the quarterly state championships and the grand slam.

Hopefully it's like a grand slam type of structure, would suit my playing style to see a few more hands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back