Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4 x B&F, 3 x AA, 2 x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player

Remove this Banner Ad

They haven't gone passed us until they've actually gone passed us.
Which we won't find out until next year

Don’t you know teams that sign a decent player or two always rocket up the ladder after ‘winning’ the trade period? Just ask Essendon fans.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You would think if Oliver was a genuine chance to leave we would have been linked to one of the young GWS mids leaving, i just dont see us taking 2 early picks to the draft for Oliver.

Unless there is some dicussions with a genuine gun of the comp then it wont happen.

Agree with what was mentioned above, if we dont turn things around next year then he may leave but it wont be this year imo.

Well they haven't got either of them yet and the season isn't even over. Not sure how anything's changed yet.
Do you believe they won't get Saad and Williams? It's no surprise they would be right into Oliver's ear. I think they're one great midfielder away from going deep into finals. Again, my opinion. I just think we're destined to be a middle of the table team under Goodwin.

Do you believe they won't get Saad and Williams? It's no surprise they would be right into Oliver's ear. I think they're one great midfielder away from going deep into finals. Again, my opinion. I just think we're destined to be a middle of the table team under Goodwin.
Williams yeah, Saad who knows. Trading with Essendon can be a campaigner

Melbourne looked 1-2 players from winning a flag a couple years ago, hold your horses mate.

Our 100 percent ITK poster has said there is truth to us and Oliver.

Only barrier at present is satisfying you blokes.
Would it not be total incompetence by both Carlton and Olivers' management to agree to terms with a player but not have a way to satisfy a trade to his team?

Carlton are stupid for chasing a player without knowing if they can get a deal done. And Olivers manager is even more incompetent because part of his job should be working out how a deal can be done before letting his player agree to anything

Didn’t barass70 say Shiel was coming to you guys?

That we were interested and there had been talks. He's almost always on the money.

I dont doubt he has a source in the club. Injuries, team changes, trade targets, delistings etc. He's always first with the info.

He's the only ITK I trust.

He didnt say Oliver is coming to us, only that there had been talks between us and him, and there was some tension between Oliver and MFC.

Just letting you guys know is all. He might be off the money, but he's pretty much always been right in the time I've been here.

Oliver is a gun and would rightly cost a fortune. We already have Cripps (and Setterfield is coming along nicely) so for mine we would be better served looking for a more balanced outside player (Merrett, Cognilio type).

i can see a GWS style exit
What does that even mean? They have lost a few players every year but never an exodus?

Besides, who of importance would leave? May and Lever are locked in defence, Langon, Trac, Gawn, Viney aren't going anywhere. Kozzy has a long term contract, maybe Jackson? I guess we'll need to see Oliver commit, but who knows just yet.

If Oliver did insist on leaving, two top 10 picks and SPS would be the mark.

Didn’t barass70 say Shiel was coming to you guys?
Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 4.57.06 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 4.57.54 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 4.58.30 pm.png

These are some of the posts he put forward this time last year.
It's always just a case of putting forward the state of play. Things change and no one is a seer.

For all we know Olivers' management may be playing us for ulterior motives. Who knows?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with the majority that Oliver doesn't get traded unless Carlton give us something that addresses our needs.

Would love a fantasy deal where they send us McKay and 7 and we use 7, 23, Hannan and the obligatory pick swaps for their academy that could net us Hunter.

As that deal would never happen, I guess I am really saying we would probably end up keeping him.

On SM-A705YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure about 100%

1AE1F60C-0319-4F8B-8237-E841FAB79164.jpeg

On Dylan Shiel
C8A2CB16-9B32-4B18-8F4B-71AC1E48EA95.jpeg
8808324A-B8F0-4083-8331-83042567DAC2.jpeg

When media started taking about SOS
124BBC17-1F00-4740-BC2A-456F3B2C82A3.jpeg

4 week after this Bolton was gone
A9E5780D-3E87-4A0D-96E6-0AF12EC23706.jpeg

I’ll be keeping a keen eye on Ollie Wines this trade period
CCAAB953-D86E-4FDD-9193-15931E6430EA.jpeg

Not sure about 100%

View attachment 993222

On Dylan Shiel
View attachment 993223
View attachment 993224

When media started taking about SOS
View attachment 993225

4 week after this Bolton was gone
View attachment 993226

I’ll be keeping a keen eye on Ollie Wines this trade period
View attachment 993227
No way!

The ITK poster was wrong? But I thought it was 100%????????????

I agree with the majority that Oliver doesn't get traded unless Carlton give us something that addresses our needs.

Would love a fantasy deal where they send us McKay and 7 and we use 7, 23, Hannan and the obligatory pick swaps for their academy that could net us Hunter.

As that deal would never happen, I guess I am really saying we would probably end up keeping him.

On SM-A705YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

You should wear a cape if you can pull this off. ;)

Sure you don't want 5 future firsts as well?

Oliver is a super player who would improve most sides, but in the long run he's one of 50 starting midfielders running around. Most of them pretty damn good.

There are less than 10 genuine power forwards (as opposed to mere tall forwards) in the game. And if you factor in where McKay is now, the steep improvement curve he's on, his rare ability to take the grab of a kick not to his advantage and the years of football ahead of him (injury permitting) - I would suggest that this trade would see picks or extra players coming back the other way.

So you are right ;) . Oliver would be lovely to have, but in a perfect world, if Carlton were to bring in an established mid it's going to be a bloke who can "hit the stumps from side on" by foot. Not Oliver's strongest suit.

Sure you don't want 5 future firsts as well?

Oliver is a super player who would improve most sides, but in the long run he's one of 50 starting midfielders running around. Most of them pretty damn good.

There are less than 10 genuine power forwards (as opposed to mere tall forwards) in the game. And if you factor in where McKay is now, the steep improvement curve he's on, his rare ability to take the grab of a kick not to his advantage and the years of football ahead of him (injury permitting) - I would suggest that this trade would see picks or extra players coming back the other way.

So you are right ;) . Oliver would be lovely to have, but in a perfect world, if Carlton were to bring in an established mid it's going to be a bloke who can "hit the stumps from side on" by foot. Not Oliver's strongest suit.

I love when opposition supporters come to our board to say how their players are great and our players are good but....

Seriously mate, what is the point? Surely you could have posted this s**t on Carlton's board? Believe it or not, we dont actually decide on any deals between clubs.

We'll trade you Weideman for Cripps.

I love when opposition supporters come to our board to say how their players are great and our players are good but....

Seriously mate, what is the point? Surely you could have posted this sh*t on Carlton's board? Believe it or not, we dont decide on any deals between clubs.

Have you ever been to the Carlton board? If you have, you shouldn't have to ask that question.

And there I was thinking I was entering into a conversation. Politely. Oh well.

Have you ever been to the Carlton board? If you have, you shouldn't have to ask that question.

And there I was thinking I was entering into a conversation.

Fine, I'll break down why your post was stupid...

1. You say McKay is worth more yet he has only flashed potential, we aren't talking about a ready made locked and loaded player here. I've seen plenty of KPFs show some promise and go by the wayside in a hurry before.
2. Oliver despite having limitations is an AA in his young 20's. Youd know exactly what you're getting for the next 10 years. Oliver's flaws are greatly exaggerated, if you're relying on him for pin point execution by foot a club shouldn't be interested in him in the first place. He's excellent at what he does.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back