List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is an grain of truth to this, there was an added roadblock, that because of Covid no longer exists.

people forget that Jack Lukicious (or however it is spelt) signed on at the same time.

From memory their initial contract was superseded by a new three year contact, the first year being 2020. The reason Lethlean told Kings dad to take it was because the AFL stumped up 150k a year in 'Ambassador' money for the both of them.
As you say the AFL were desperate to keep the young guns at GCS. The catch was that if they requested a trade in any year prior to the end of the contract, that had to pay that years Ambassador money back. So if one asked for a trade at the end of 2020 they would forego the 150k Ambassador money for 2020 (obviously the rest for the remaining two years would be null and void). If they left in 2021, they keep the 2020 but forfeit the 2021 150k.

So by the grace of the generous AFL, just with these two players the GCS gets a leg up of 300k outside the cap every year.
Who knows who else gets "Ambassador" money at GC.

So the AFL felt confident that both were locked in. Too smart, back slaps all round.

Then some kent ate a bat in Wuhan around the time the AFL were being too smart by half. Come 2020 and the AFL is looking at 500 mill in revenue out the door. This means that Ambassador money is now the responsibility of the clubs who have the players contracted.

So at least 300k is out the GC cap from two players that they hadn't accounted for. Now doesn't sound like much, but there is also talk that wages will be cut to 70% of pre covid.

Maybe the once in a lifetime offer is no more, and the Saints can cover the 'Ambassador' money in a bigger contract. After all they could do something with Max's contract, I am sure the kent's have the same bank account.

I think the AFLPA knows because the Section 42 of the CBA specifies that the details of all Ambassador Payments made to ANY player at ANY club must be provided to the AFLPA every year.

Essenscum get Caldwell and Dunkley, lose Daniher and Fantasia.

Who exactly is kicking their goals?! Fatty McShitTatts is about all they’ve got down there.

Plus to land him now would stuff up fixing the midfield. Having two King's will not help us win a flag unless we do that. And our team can go very well with just one King = Max.

Hang on, so you would be unhappy if we got Brad Crouch and Ben King onto the list for 2021?

Nope that he wants to be the big man and not play second fiddle to max.

He want's to be home, misses his identical twin, loves the Saints and wants to play with his brother in the Red, White and Black.

As well he will be playing second fiddle to Rowell, Rankine, Lukocious etc up at GC anyway.

As max walked off after beating the Dogs in the finals, he looked to his brother (waring his Saints scarf) and basically said, 'how great to be wearing these colours and winning a final'.

You said it would be an unpopular opinion mate :D ;)
Prefer your thoughts to mine, hope you are Correct

Am I correct in saying at this stage we are interested in, Treloar; the bloke whose brother just missed out on a Brownlow, Ben Brown, Heeney who I dont think is a genuine trade prospect, (hope I am wrong_) Brander is it from Brisbane. \
Anyone I have missed??

Hang on, so you would be unhappy if we got Brad Crouch and Ben King onto the list for 2021?
FB: Paton - Howard - Wilkie
HB: Coffield - B.King - Long
RK: Ryder - Steele - Crouch
CR: Jones - Clark - Hill
HF: Billings - Membrey - Gresham
FF: Butler - M.King - Marshall
IC: Geary Sinclair Bytel Battle

Looks ok to me...

FB: Paton - Howard - Wilkie
HB: Coffield - B.King - Long
RK: Ryder - Steele - Crouch
CR: Jones - Clark - Hill
HF: Billings - Membrey - Gresham
FF: Butler - M.King - Marshall
IC: Geary Sinclair Bytel Battle

Looks ok to me...
And longer term, id move Gresh to fwd pocket (rotating on ball) and Marshall to ruck once Ryder retires, then Membrey HF and Bing CHF. Think there's still more value on fitting bing in the fwd line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow you went there!
I wasn't game to incur the wrath or the forum's defensive army.

But yeah. Treloar = curtains for Ross.
Would love Treloar
And would Oliver who is gettable

If we get Ben King, Blake Acres and Brad Crouch.

I’m emptying my super and chucking it on the Saints next year.
#bringtheGOAThome

Nope that he wants to be the big man and not play second fiddle to max.

He want's to be home, misses his identical twin, loves the Saints and wants to play with his brother in the Red, White and Black.

As well he will be playing second fiddle to Rowell, Rankine, Lukocious etc up at GC anyway.

As max walked off after beating the Dogs in the finals, he looked to his brother (waring his Saints scarf) and basically said, 'how great to be wearing these colours and winning a final'.

You said it would be an unpopular opinion mate :D ;)

I have identical twin girls. They are inseparable. We separate them and they continually find a way to be back with each other. What you say above is true

Am I correct in saying at this stage we are interested in, Treloar; the bloke whose brother just missed out on a Brownlow, Ben Brown, Heeney who I dont think is a genuine trade prospect, (hope I am wrong_) Brander is it from Brisbane. \
Anyone I have missed??

Maybe I’m reading the tea leaves incorrectly, but Gold Coast seem very keen on Treloar but may have some salary cap issues owing to their overpaying to re-sign top end talent.

Collingwood are desperate to move Treloar on because their salary cap is shot and they need to pay for Moore and De Goey.

Treloar seems reluctant to move but more $$$ would surely change that.

Could Saints get involved here with draft picks and salary cap space to help all concerned? Just spitballing.

Oliver is apparently very unhappy with the coaching staff at Melbourne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And doesn't get along at all with the player they just signed up

Maybe I’m reading the tea leaves incorrectly, but Gold Coast seem very keen on Treloar but may have some salary cap issues owing to their overpaying to re-sign top end talent.

Collingwood are desperate to move Treloar on because their salary cap is shot and they need to pay for Moore and De Goey.

Treloar seems reluctant to move but more $$$ would surely change that.

Could Saints get involved here with draft picks and salary cap space to help all concerned? Just spitballing.

Im sure we could take someone off their hands to ease the tension
Pick 15 next years first and a future third plus savage/lonie/dmac/someone, the kitchen sink and a new set of towels from Spotlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back