Thewlis Dish

10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
FGR
That’s funny. He expects us to contact him. He’s a ******* assistant coach, not John Kennedy Snr.

Suspect the process would be we make an initial shortlist and contact managers first, especially with what has happened.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
That’s funny. He expects us to contact him. He’s a ******* assistant coach, not John Kennedy Snr.

Gary Ayres has been the most genuine bloke so far.

No media spruik, just straight up.

shimaburnsgrieg

Apr 1, 2017
The Voss footage was very much ..you want me - make it attractive enough that I have to say yes...

That's not good enough from my pov.

His/PA's season is over - it needed to be ...I have always wanted to get back to senior coaching - I would love the opportunity to be involved in the process at North Melbourne - they are a great club and I have always respected them....

JB gave him the chance and he didn't take it (and the topic would have been raised with him before the interview so that he had a rehearsed answer.)

Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
Fitzroy, North
My son Pete, an ex cheer squad North member, just coached his Canberra under 15 B side to a flag. They were two goals down with less than 5 minutes to go but scored a goal, and then had a short corner, after the siren, which they converted to send the game into extra time.

They won the shoot out 2 nil , with the second last shot of the opposition failing to score. His players made a bee line for the goal keeper but Pete called them all back and said' "You shake hands and congratulate the opposition before anything else boys.'

This reminded me of the superior way Shaw carried himself this season, despite being under extreme pressure, that eventually he could not handle, that caused him to retire.

Pete can get extended leave from the public service and so would be amenable to all offers above 800,000 per year.

Passmore

May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
Norf
Suspect the process would be we make an initial shortlist and contact managers first, especially with what has happened.

I reckon you’d reach out to coaches like Simpson, Clarkson, Longmire etc....everyone else should have their manager on the blower to us....look he might do that.

I can’t figure out the fuss about him to be honest.

Rooz90

Mar 30, 2013
Boston Celtics, Melbourne City
A couple of weeks ago, on Foxfooty after game show, Johnno Brown was asked whether his mate Vossy would be a good candidate for the North coaching job, his reply, "i would advise him to go nowhere near it", appears he is taking that advice.

When the media spin shite like that, no wonder coaches don’t want to jump on the opportunity to coach in a senior position.

Jun 4, 2013
A couple of weeks ago, on Foxfooty after game show, Johnno Brown was asked whether his mate Vossy would be a good candidate for the North coaching job, his reply, "i would advise him to go nowhere near it", appears he is taking that advice.
To be fair, that was said explicitly under the assumption that Voss would have * all job security.

Rooz90

Mar 30, 2013
Boston Celtics, Melbourne City
In terms of job security, why would said new coach be worried about having the chopping bloke over his head?

What expectations would they have and others have on us?

Didn't he only join in 2019? Rather whoever was there from 2017 when the transformation began.
Good enough, joins at the end of 2018. Two flags to his name. It's all about the system.

Caracella was there in 2017 but has now moved on to the Dons.
Leppa was there but he is moving on from the game.
Mcrae has just moved to Hawthorn.

Only leaves Kingsley and McQualter
  • Damien Hardwick. Senior coach.
  • Justin Leppitsch. Assistant coach, backline/defence.
  • Andrew McQualter. Assistant coach, midfield/offensive.
  • Adam Kingsley. Assistant coach, midfield/stoppage.
  • Craig McRae. Assistant coach, forwards.