Banter 2020 Finals Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

arsesmart

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
To think I used to hate Richmond cod they were so pathetic and laughable and they used to try and buy in players every year for it only to go arse-up and they’d still be as sh*t as they were the year before. My secret fear was that we’d end up like them - just sh*t year in and year out. ‘fu** I hope we don’t end up like Richmond - pathetic bunch of ‘Maurice Rioli thieving acting like they discovered him’ bunch of useless campaigners’.
And there they were, and here we are, and there that are... is there hope?
There are probably better reasons to hate a team than they're struggling though. Dicky fans, overhyped, sniper players etc.

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
whats your issue? He just got 21 and kicked 4? If that’s not worthy you‘re watching the wrong sport
Thanks champ, I'll take your wonderful advice on board .

Everyone who thinks Dusty is a gun, but the media suck him off too much, please shush, you're watching the wrong sport, got it, good.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
shoutout to Mason Cox for possibly preventing a Richmond 4peat
Monkey paw wish for you blokes this. :straining:

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
You gotta pay him some respect for that goal he pulled out of his arse, that he should have had absolutely no time, space or position to pull it off. That should not have happened in the reality we live in.
Goal of the Year for mine. 10x better than the Daicos one.

You gotta pay him some respect for that goal he pulled out of his arse, that he should have had absolutely no time, space or position to pull it off. That should not have happened in the reality we live in.

You say pulled out of his arse but he has done that on numerous occasions in the past. At some point it has to go from arsing it to actually being incredible skill and technique.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Purpleheart_56

Team Captain
May 18, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
One of Richmonds secrets to success is they play shorter players then opposition ...Today they've had 8 "short people"180 cm, or less...Nobody over 200 cm...Just 6 players over 190 cm,imo that is main reason why they outrun every side and win...

arsesmart

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
The one he pulled over his shoulder? They're the sorts of goals you practice at training and get 9 times out of 10 if you get a bit of space. You can tell he's pretty comfortable with those. He did one last week I think as well.

Mar 18, 2012
Vic
AFL Club
Fremantle
One of Richmonds secrets to success is they play shorter players then opposition ...Today they've had 8 "short people"180 cm, or less...Nobody over 200 cm...Just 6 players over 190 cm,imo that is main reason why they outrun every side and win...

At the risk of getting shat on, I’ve always thought this. Tall blokes are overrated unless they’re really really good. Shorter blokes (I.e shorter than 190, not necessarily short) are quicker and generally have more footy nous. Talls get picked for structure over talent way too often. Richmond have it sorted - a ruckman is important, a couple of good tall forwards and defenders, then it’s all speed.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
At the risk of getting shat on, I’ve always thought this. Tall blokes are overrated unless they’re really really good. Shorter blokes (I.e shorter than 190, not necessarily short) are quicker and generally have more footy nous. Talls get picked for structure over talent way too often. Richmond have it sorted - a ruckman is important, a couple of good tall forwards and defenders, then it’s all speed.
Case in point. Rhys Stanley. Absolute meathead today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back