Analysis The Richmond dynasty

Remove this Banner Ad

I think their coaching has been absolutely elite and deserves the accolades. AFL needs to introduce a minimum amount of players in each teams forwards lines otherwise Richmond's gameplan and players will continue to win flooding opposition defenses and rushing the ball forward

The scary thing is, I don’t think they are even close to finished yet. Not while Dusty is still around, incredible player. Very well drilled side.

the best 22 of the Hawks 3peat playing head to head with the best of the Tigs 3in4 - who wins?

Poor take. Could easily argue that the Lions had extra cap space and Tigers have a watered down competition.

fare call, the extra cap does reduce the lions success

but a more even comp, makes the tigers achievement even more valuable

if the question was which of the four was the better side, I'd put the tigers behind the lions, hawks and cats. but in terms of their success, I have them at number 1!

Daniel Rioli worst triple premiership player of all time? Done literally nothing for four season except play in 3 GFs.

Was brilliant against Port and kicked 4 in the 17 prelim. Jason Castagna probably the lucky one.

Daniel Rioli worst triple premiership player of all time? Done literally nothing for four season except play in 3 GFs.

He got us in to 2017 with dusty in the prelim, but Bradbury'd the next 2

Strangely our best season was 2018 when we didnt make GF

Gastro in the week leading up to the Prelim and Mason Cox playing one of his few cameos.
he can be annoying like that

The Hawks and Cats reign was created due to the expansion sides compromising drafts. Still great achievements but devalued compared to the achievements of the Lions and Tigers.

Well done all four clubs.
How did the expansion teams affect Geelong though? GCS entered in 2011 and GWS in 2012. Geelongs last flag was 2011.

The first 2 were against soulless interstate franchises on their home deck so they don't count, this one wasn't at the MCG and since it had shortened quarters it doesn't even count as a home and away match let alone a premiership.
Another sad loser troll comes out from their safe space.

RUOK?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Champion organization, full credit to them they are modern sport, attitude is exemplary
Damien Hardwick and Benny Gale really turned that franchise around

When did we stop using the word "club" ? Do we have to copy EVERYTHING the yanks say? Can't we keep some of our Aussie vernacular?

We aren't as good as the saints according to Chris Scott.

Average at best

In all honesty, I think we’d have them covered easily but as we all know it doesn’t work that way. Different eras and all. Credit to the Tiges for the now, their system is unbeatable atm. Plus there’s Dusty.

I reckon we’d match you guys. We beat you when we were crap. So we’d definitely beat you now

They race to number one on the dynasty list in the 21st century..

1) Richmond
2 Hawthorn
3) Brisbane

Sadly Geelong fall away and can only be regarded as a good team that won some flags. Back to back flags has superseded the Cats former underperformed efforts. We have to admit now that this was a difficult year and very disappointing in the end, the players tried hard, but the mentally stronger team won....5 goals was about right...If we have a season next year my early tip for 2021 is Richmond...can't see anyone beating them.

1) Richmond
2 Hawthorn
3) Brisbane

Sadly Geelong fall away and can only be regarded as a good team that won some flags. Back to back flags has superseded the Cats former underperformed efforts. We have to admit now that this was a difficult year and very disappointing in the end, the players tried hard, but the mentally stronger team won....5 goals was about right...If we have a season next year my early tip for 2021 is Richmond...can't see anyone beating them.
Brisbane is clearly above both Richmond and Hawthorn. Brisbane won 3 grand finals at the home ground of 3 teams. Richmond beat Adelaide and GWS at home and Geelong on neutral ground, Hawthorn beat Sydney, Fremantle and WC at home. I reckon Geelong of 07-09-11 smash Richmond of 2020, even at MCG. Richmond have many players who aren't great, just their coaching has been elite and their gameplan suits them. Was the sport of aussie rules made for teams to flood opposition forward lines and rush the ball forward by handball to an empty forward line?

1) Richmond
2 Hawthorn
3) Brisbane

I still think that Brisbane team would beat both Richmond and hawthorn comfortably that team was loaded

Remove this Banner Ad

Back