2020 Grand Final Thread - Richmond v Geelong - Gabba

Who Wins The 2020 Premiership? Margin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

2nd half tonight Geelong lost by 46 points

2nd half 2017 we lost by 39 points

Geelong sh*t their pants worse than us

We led by 11pts at QT of the 2017 GF and I still havent recovered from Betts being held in the goal square to take that to 17pts.

The age of Geelong's team in the second half of next season:

Selwood - 33
(Higgins - 33)
Hawkins - 32
Tuohy - 31
Henderson - 31
Dangerfield - 31
Stanley - 30
Blicavs - 30
Rohan - 30
Duncan - 30

Geelong's players 25 and under with more than 50 games:

Henry
Parfitt
O'Connor
Kolodjashnij
Would Port be much better?

Gray - 33
Boak - 32
Rockliff - 31
Hartlett - 30
Dixon - 30
Jonas - 30
Motlop - 30

25 and under with more than 50 games:

Amon
Byrne-Jones
Burton
Bonner
Houston
Powell-Pepper

They're in a much better spot
Better, but not that much

Gray - 33
Boak - 32
Rockliff - 31
Hartlett - 30
Dixon - 30
Jonas - 30
Motlop - 30

25 and under with more than 50 games:

Amon
Byrne-Jones
Burton
Bonner
Houston
Powell-Pepper

They're in a much better spot
Port Power has an additional 30+ who you can consider is important to their list compared to Geelong.

He knew he was leaving so had extra motivation to play well against the Hawks since it could be his last game with us but after that preliminary final he rarely has performed in big final game at Geelong like Martin does and both are elite player.
Well So did Hartigan. Hartigan has probably played better in losing finals than anybody

There was small things I saw during the start of the game which for me made the difference in the way that the Tigers tried to move the ball forward at all costs no matter what. That was inside the first few minutes of play. Where as Cats took the slow long and across ground approach.

That chaos entry into I50 was brilliant tonight.
Agree. Geelong tried to over possess. In the chaos of a grand final a team needs to be able to adapt and go against the natural instinct of their game style when it's not working. If you over possess against Richmond your in trouble. Territory is king and Richmond understand that. The only game I saw Richmond over possess the ball was in their loss to the lions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a thumbs up for Jayden Short. He was bloody outstanding. Not bad for an upgraded rookie. The Tigers' recruiters have been bloody astute.
Aarts, Baker, Short, Lambert and Castagna are all rookie picks.

Man that would grind patty’s gear the fact he watched a far better play retire and another one show how much better he is as a big game player.
Why? He is returning back to his $1M+ per season contract (looks like Geelong has quash the spread the salary amongst the list management) and back to Moggs Creek were he is KING for surfing and fishing.

So glad I got to see Dangerfield in a grand final. I mean, I can’t even.
What, so he left us, got towelled by Rory in a prelim, on his arse arms flailing, and seriously went missing before half time on the biggest show while his biggest rival for best player in the game decided to kick four goals and shove it up him?

Tonight Geelong reminded me a lot of us during the Neil Craig era.

All the hallmarks were there, Geelong dominated the play for nearly a half of football, but we're able to hurt the opposition enough on the scoreboard. They concede a late goal which flips the momentum of the game and then go on to get completely outplayed and lose.

Tonight Geelong reminded me a lot of us during the Neil Craig era.

All the hallmarks were there, Geelong dominated the play for nearly a half of football, but we're able to hurt the opposition enough on the scoreboard. They concede a late goal which flips the momentum of the game and then go on to get completely outplayed and lose.
Yeah they were robots. Richmond can only be beaten by their game style. Chaos rules

What, so he left us, got towelled by Rory in a prelim, on his arse arms flailing, and seriously went missing before half time on the biggest show while his biggest rival for best player in the game decided to kick four goals and shove it up him?

I don't think there's even a debate anymore.

Dusty has three Norm Smiths and a whole swag of dominant finals performances to his name while Danger has a reputation of shitting the bed in the finals.

Tonight showed that they are poles apart when it comes to being a big game player.

The age of Geelong's team in the second half of next season:

Selwood - 33
(Higgins - 33)
Hawkins - 32
Tuohy - 31
Henderson - 31
Dangerfield - 31
Stanley - 30
Blicavs - 30
Rohan - 30
Duncan - 30

Geelong's players 25 and under with more than 50 games:

Henry
Parfitt
O'Connor
Kolodjashnij

Reckon they have one more shot at a flag, although Taylor leaves a bigger hole down back than Ablett does to their mids/forwards.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't think there's even a debate anymore.

Dusty has three Norm Smiths and a whole swag of dominant finals performances to his name while Danger has a reputation of shitting the bed in the finals.

Tonight showed that they are poles apart when it comes to being a big game player.
It’s also about preparation. The media today were saying how Patrick’s openness to them and it would look awesome if he lit up a cigar LeBronstyle would be great and Dusty is too quiet. Yeah * that.
Rather be quiet.

Back