ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
There are probably better reasons to hate a team than they're struggling though. Dicky fans, overhyped, sniper players etc.
Look at moiye, look at moiye...
I’ve got two words to say to you - Maurice Rioli.

Never forgave them. My reasons for the hate has changed over the years. But I always loved Richo - always good for a laugh 😆

Why so much hate for dusty? He's an absolute champion Of the game, tough as nails and doesnt whinge like selwood, danger etc

Media circle jerk. Same with Danger (although he is a massive flog on his own) and Nic Nat. When the media just go on and on and on and on and on and on about them non-stop it becomes hard to like them.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
The one he pulled over his shoulder? They're the sorts of goals you practice at training and get 9 times out of 10 if you get a bit of space. You can tell he's pretty comfortable with those. He did one last week I think as well.
Running into the pocket where the ball is headed towards two Geelong players, swipes it right out of the hands of one, keeps it in play, while wriggling (quite easily too) out of a Dangerfield tackle, has another Geelong player coming at him, takes half a second to balance, then kicks it from on the boundary in the forward pocket.
Nah, I don’t reckon they practice that too often at training, under that sort of pressure. The guy is a freak.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Richmond won the flag in 2009.. not literally but Jordan McMahon kicking that goal after the siren.. changed the course of AFL tbh

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
Rioli a 3 time premiership player......wow. Useless spud had 1 kick today, 1! F**k me afl is a cruel sport

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not fit to touch his uncles bootlaces.

Simon Outhwaite >>>>>>>>>> Daniel Rioli.

arsesmart

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
At the risk of getting shat on, I’ve always thought this. Tall blokes are overrated unless they’re really really good. Shorter blokes (I.e shorter than 190, not necessarily short) are quicker and generally have more footy nous. Talls get picked for structure over talent way too often. Richmond have it sorted - a ruckman is important, a couple of good tall forwards and defenders, then it’s all speed.
Nah a good tall will always trump a good small. They're just a rarer commodity. Although are Richmond especially short? I'd need to check the stats, but they're operating with a fair share of players with reasonable height: Lynch, Riewoldt, Balta, Nankervis, Astbury, Grimes even McIntosh and Broad.

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Richmond won the flag in 2009.. not literally but Jordan McMahon kicking that goal after the siren.. changed the course of AFL tbh
Are you saying we would have taken Martin at 3? I think we still would have selected morabito

arsesmart

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Running into the pocket where the ball is headed towards two Geelong players, swipes it right out of the hands of one, keeps it in play, while wriggling (quite easily too) out of a Dangerfield tackle, has another Geelong player coming at him, takes half a second to balance, then kicks it from on the boundary in the forward pocket.
Nah, I don’t reckon they practice that too often at training, under that sort of pressure. The guy is a freak.
I think we're talking about a different goal. It was a fend off of a player off balance after the ball spilt right to him and a quick snap (just off centre, not really near the boundary nor Dangerfield). Great weapons to have, but right in his wheelhouse.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
It really sucks being jealous of Richmond but what can you do. I applaud the organisation for what they've done in the last 4 years although all the comparisons to Hawthorn will never be taken seriously. Also Dusty may not have deserved the NS Medal in 17/19, but he definitely deserved it today. His composure and finish steadied them and put Geelong into their shells.

On the Geelong front, I did want them to win but only for GAJ. Scott and Danger can eat a fat one.

Considering this was a garbage * season, I am hoping the off-season is more tolerable.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
makes you wonder whether our controlling, kick to kick style will be able to cope with the proven finals winning style of rushing the ball forwards at all costs i.e. advanced auskick
Experience and time. Steadiness is preferred. Geelong don’t have enough star power.

Ben The Donkey

Cancelled
Aug 18, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Experience and time. Steadiness is preferred. Geelong don’t have enough star power.
I think we're going to need a season in which we make the finals but don't go all the way first. The deeper we go, the better.
One more year to ingrain the steadiness wouldn't hurt, though. There were a few passages of play tonight where I was thinking "if this was us, we'd nail it"
But it wasn't, because we weren't playing. Experience counts.
On the other hand, I also think getting the wind up also counts, coupled with that star factor. So, making the finals alone might count for something. ALA Bulldogs 2017.

All sorts of factors.

Purple_Turtle

Stockholm Syndrome
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hull City
If there's a consolation from tonight it's how far Richmond have come. Remember when they were the rabble who made finals twice in thirty years? And when Brendon Gale was having the piss taken out of him in 2010 on Footy Classified for a plan to win 3 flags by 2020?

Nothing to say Freo can't turn itself around either.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Media circle jerk. Same with Danger (although he is a massive flog on his own) and Nic Nat. When the media just go on and on and on and on and on and on about them non-stop it becomes hard to like them.
Dusty is justified and doesn’t want the media.
Nicnat and Dangerfield on the other hand..

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well i must admit a few years ago when Richmond continually trolled their fans by coming 9th, losing games they were expected to win or losing games in the last minute i never thought they win a premiership they always seem cursed. They now have 3 in 4 years.

What i also realise is it just goes to show premierships are not only hard to win but you also need a lot of luck on who you play in the finals. West coast 2018 lucked in because collingwood ambushed tigers week before.

I don't think west coast win the flag if they played Richmond in that GF.

Then look at us in 2013 if only we played geelong instead of our bogey team in hawthorn in a GF. We may have jagged a flag.

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well i must admit a few years ago when Richmond continually trolled their fans by coming 9th, losing games they were expected to win or losing games in the last minute i never thought they win a premiership they always seem cursed. They now have 3 in 4 years.

What i also realise is it just goes to show premierships are not only hard to win but you also need a lot of luck on who you play in the finals. West coast 2018 lucked in because collingwood ambushed tigers week before.

I don't think west coast win the flag if they played Richmond in that GF.

Then look at us in 2013 if only we played geelong instead of our bogey team in hawthorn in a GF. We may have jagged a flag.
Just like on the field, it's the off field team that determines how good you can be.
Looks like we are establishing a good assortment of talent.
2013, we learned nothing and if anything went backwards after Kirk left.
Hardwick could of been sacked early on, the Club drove the change.
WC haven't looked the same since Mitchell left.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back