Review 2020 Grand Final discussion

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Dangerfield will likely retire one day without ever winning a Premiership.

tenor.gif

All I can say is any side that has Garry Rohan in it will never win the premiership.

Take that to the bank people.

How he continues to get a game astounds me, surely he has burnt any tickets he had left after today's performance.

Dusty is a great but Hodge wasn't far off his 3rd NSM in 2015! Thanks to a bloke called Cyril!

Hodgey is twice the leader and one of the best big game players but Martin's individual efforts in finals are probably the best of any player in the modern era. He makes that Richmond side twice as good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you look at 17 other lists and therein lies your answer why.

Talent will be diluted for years to come due to an 18 team comp amongst other things, next year is a big one if Richmond win that will be 4 in 5 including a 3peat which will surpass Hawthorn 08-15 and Lions 01-04, with last nights win they've already eclipsed Geelong 07-11.

Talent will be diluted for years to come due to an 18 team comp amongst other things, next year is a big one if Richmond that will be 4 in 5 including a 3peat which will surpass Hawthorn 08-15 and Lions 01-04, with last nights win they've already eclipsed Geelong 07-11.

you’re seeing the effects of compromised drafts now. I looked at our 2013 GF team which IMO was our weakest and it would smoke this Richmond team. The whole league is weaker. We were absolutely atrocious this year yet we ended up with 2-2 record against top 4 and one of the losses was by 10 points. You’re entitled to believe what you want but I respectfully disagree with 1) Hardwick eclipses Clarko and 2) this tigers team is better than the 3-peat teams of lions and hawks.
Tigers fans should be happy. A flag is a flag but I personally don’t rate the team against those previously mentioned on skill. Can’t deny them results though.

you’re seeing the effects of compromised drafts now. I looked at our 2013 GF team which IMO was our weakest and it would smoke this Richmond team. The whole league is weaker. We were absolutely atrocious this year yet we ended up with 2-2 record against top 4 and one of the losses was by 10 points. You’re entitled to believe what you want but I respectfully disagree with 1) Hardwick eclipses Clarko and 2) this tigers team is better than the 3-peat teams of lions and hawks.
Tigers fans should be happy. A flag is a flag but I personally don’t rate the team against those previously mentioned on skill. Can’t deny them results though.

I agree our teams and Brisbane's teams would beat this Richmond team not debating that personally.

It's a results business though and should the Tigers win next season and get 4 in 5 including a 3peat they'll be considered better than our sides, although we may think our sides were better it's a moot point as no way of actually knowing other than conjecture.

Talent will be diluted for years to come due to an 18 team comp amongst other things, next year is a big one if Richmond win that will be 4 in 5 including a 3peat which will surpass Hawthorn 08-15 and Lions 01-04, with last nights win they've already eclipsed Geelong 07-11.

12 months is a long time in footy. How on earth you can predict what's going to happen in the future.

Any new rules or interpretations that will disadvantage their game plan for example. Any injuries or players declining or losing some assistants for example, are factors that need to be taken into consideration.

I'm just grateful that Hawthorn have been into 4 GF in 4 years straight. Losing 1 and won 3. That losing 1 GF keeps us humble, appreciate the next premiership accordingly.

We beat the 2020 premiership team at the MCG convincingly. Who said we can't do it again?

12 months is a long time in footy. How on earth you can predict what's going to happen in the future.

Any new rules or interpretations that will disadvantage their game plan for example. Any injuries or players declining or losing some assistants for example, are factors that need to be taken into consideration.

I'm just grateful that Hawthorn have been into 4 GF in 4 years straight. Losing 1 and won 3. That losing 1 GF keeps us humble, appreciate the next premiership accordingly.

We beat the 2020 premiership team at the MCG convincingly. Who said we can't do it again?

Nothing is a given obviously but in 4 years no one has really come to grips with Richmond's chaos style, so I'm not going to predict it'll happen next season with Richmond not set to lose anyone of importance and the MCG likely back in the fold also.

Could we beat anyone on our day ? Probably has this season showed. Are we likely to win enough games to play finals ? Unlikely, I'd say it's likely we'll face another bottom 6 finish in 2021.

My brother is a Cats fan. We were having a conversation about the match during the week. He was telling me how fantastic the Cats were against Collingwood, and he was surprised when I said the Cats had their work cut out for them against Richmond. My reasoning was that Richmond have become that Grand Final hardened team the Hawks were several years ago. I couldn't explain way, but good teams have a way of rising to an occasion on the big stage. He couldn't see my point, it will be interesting to find out if he does now.
There last two wins came against Collingwood who were gassed and Brisbane who chocked up on the big stage and really never threatened.

Was like how Sydney became unstoppable after being Norths witches hats in the '14 prelim ( still think I could have got a kick or two that night )

Hats off to Tigers. They got it done again. Their list is in good shape too to go again next year.

When Dusty gets going, Tigers walk so much taller. He might struggle with consistency through the H&A season but jeez he stands up in finals when so many others go missing. Very impressive performance.

Cats would be disappointed with the loss but can't fault their effort. Junk time goals exaggerated the final score.

Dusty was the difference that game.

Dusty 4 goals and all were from less than 50% chances in my opinion. He took the pi55.

Good chance he will be on the pipe for a week straight.
His kicking sets him right apart from anyone else currently .
Kicks incredible goals regularly , very safe set shot or on the run plus is a very handy field kick.

Really think that the state of the game is pretty piss poor.
I thought the game was scrappy, yes it was wet, and congested.
After watching a prelim and a semi live and the lack of skilled play to construct game play it’s just disappointing.
I have found myself saying to my 8yr old son that the game use to be more open, better skills and higher scoring and that the current game lacks real class outside of a few individual performances.
I might be sounding old but apart from Dusty being a s**t hot player (cannot deny the guy that) what else was there to the game?
I’m starting to believe that if the current state of the game leaves us with a penultimate grand final of a scrappy slug feat that barely tops the pre and half time entertainment then we are all in trouble.
Leigh Mathews has said previously that he thinks that ground 3rds to hold position (without restrictions like under 10.5 football I would like to add) at the line of play.
The Zone mentality of every club has killed the spectacle of the game and I guess Clarko has to put his hand up for this to some degree.

Richmond can EAD on there GF era. Geelong can GAGF for as long as possible.

What a load of ******* horseshit. Grow up.

Back