Other Teams
"Goddess"
Continued here ...

Stamos

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 30, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Was literally the first Carlton game I had ever watched. I remember watching a bit of the 1992 GF on TV as my first exposure to football as a 9 year old and then nothing from 1993 except the GF but I was a Carlton supporter already because my brother was a Carlton supporter. Mate, that hit on Hanna and losing the GF really crushed me. Was right there with SOS getting into the goal umpire.

I was 12, and I was there. Devastating.
******* scum!

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
If Collingwood are looking for a key forward and need to get Treloar off their books, I reckon we can satisfy them.

Mid first rounder + McGovern for Treloar.

Works for both parties.

Would much prefer to keep Brackets thanks, warts and all.

Eiffel 65

Cancelled
Sep 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Gryffindor
Would much prefer to keep Brackets thanks, warts and all.

I don't.

We'll never get anything out of McGovern. Teague is too soft on him and he'll continue to be gifted games.

Kemp can play 3rd tall forward and do a far better job.

If people don't want to bring in anymore draftees, Treloar is the perfect solution. Gives us running power to suit Teague's game style and would be a substantial upgrade on what we've currently got.

Motsfan

Senior List
Oct 10, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't.

We'll never get anything out of McGovern. Teague is too soft on him and he'll continue to be gifted games.

If people don't want to bring in anymore draftees, Treloar is the perfect solution. Gives us running power to suit Teague's game style and would be a substantial upgrade on what we've currently got.

Umm. Kemp hasn’t played a single reserves game as yet...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Stamos

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 30, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't.

If people don't want to bring in anymore draftees, Treloar is the perfect solution. Gives us running power to suit Teague's game style and will have a big impact now.

1. Way, way too early to make the call that Kemp, a zero game player coming off an ACL, can do a far better job than McGovern
2. A super expensive 28 year old with dodgy hamstrings is surely not the solution we are after, let alone the perfect solution.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I don't.

Treloar is on a horrible contract. And is a limited player (cannot hit a target by foot for love nor money)

Think there has to be reasons with regards to his attitude as to why the Pies are keen to offload him too.

Stamos

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 30, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Treloar is on a horrible contract. And is a limited player (cannot hit a target by foot for love nor money)

Think there has to be reasons with regards to his attitude as to why the Pies are keen to offload him too.

I think it's much more about your first sentence than any attitude problems.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Disagree I think a lot of teams have a clear 4 mid type set-up, including the 1 on bench.

Bulldogs have clearly identified what suits there team. That is Dunkley playing forward, not Libba, Macrae, Smith.

Why wouldn’t he look at Jack Steele and say that should be me, I can do that.
He is already a premiership player, time to look after his own playing ambitions.

He has injuries, perhaps contributed to the decision

It doesn't change the point I made though

BlueTongue

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2009
The Void
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
TEAM 17 (Flags)
I can understand why we would want to block that stain from our memory, but that dog Wallis taking out Mil Hanna at the start of the second quarter...
Was literally the first Carlton game I had ever watched. I remember watching a bit of the 1992 GF on TV as my first exposure to football as a 9 year old and then nothing from 1993 except the GF but I was a Carlton supporter already because my brother was a Carlton supporter. Mate, that hit on Hanna and losing the GF really crushed me. Was right there with SOS getting into the goal umpire.
Unfortunately I remember and I am scarred for life.

I can still remember feeling very uneasy watching the Channel 7 footage in the rooms before the teams even came out to play.

Our boys were all doing half-assed exercises, the odd handball or kick, jogging on the spot, patting one another on the back etc. and the Baby * were all completely switched on, hammering into a punching bag, and firing one another up etc.

We did not even look like winning, even before the first bounce.

BlueTongue

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2009
The Void
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
TEAM 17 (Flags)
In fact Sam Walsh is my favorite style of tough. He is proper fearless. Gut runs. And when the whips are cracking you know you can rely on him. If push came to shove he would handle himself too.
Tough between the ears - which is where a lot of our team are soft unfortunately.

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton

Re Treloar my only concern is his hamstrings and a supposedly big contract - though if he comes to us I think it can be re-negotiated?

I dunno, I again look at a team like Richmond and outside a few stars (Dusty being the obvious one), I actually think there are plenty in that team that aren't the best kicks. However, pumping the ball inside F50 is basically their game style and it works for them...Geelong defenders took a lot of intercept marks or were in best position for a lot of entries last night, but eventually got overwhelmed from the pressure and sheer number of entries.

Also, it's amazing how even an average player's kicking skills seemingly improve because of a good game plan/structure and Richmond's team are all hard runners...the receivers push out into space so the ball carrier has an easy handpass or kick...you don't actually often see them thread the needle with pin point passes that require supreme kicking skills. Their hard running also allows them to get more numbers to more contests, more often.

Treloar would certainly help us get the ball moving our way and as long as he can kick it long to our key forward's advantage or even 50/50, good things will happen. Stack our side with elite and hard runners and it's amazing how much our skills would look like they've improved, simply because the players have easier options to pass to players out in space.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Yes....they do have a good blend. I could see Smith in he backline if required, also.

Just on Dunkley - Didn't The Dogs come out early in the piece, stating they'd be active in the trade period?
What are they going to be active with then? Selling off that early pick is a give, but what else?

I think that Dunkley may well be up for trade, if indeed he's open to moving.

We are being active, yet doesn't seem like we will be off loading clear best 22

They need another ruck and KP players

JUH is a lock

Raak, who is a 3rd tall

They don't need massive currency to get serviceable options

Apr 7, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton

Apparently 5 years left on massive money at 28!.

Injured a lot and form dipping also. Crazy deal.

Nobody in the comp should be giving Collingwood an out on that one. They will lose good players because of that contract (possibly Degoey).

reubs1066

Team Captain
Sep 22, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Making finals and winning GF are different. Ask Essendon.

I know what I want us to aim for.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree 100%, but SOS designed the list with top end talent (and with the spine at the core) that will get you to the premiership.

We do need to find a Jones replacement sooner than later - KPD, circa 200cm. Not saying Macreadie couldn't do that but no guarantees...

Drug Cheats just kept applying band aids (after the pin pricks).

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Apparently 5 years left on massive money at 28!.

Injured a lot and form dipping also. Crazy deal.

Nobody in the comp should be giving Collingwood an out on that one. They will lose good players because of that contract (possibly Degoey).

Degoey has re-signed (or about to) at the Pies.

You are right about the poor contract situation at Collingwood though, I think they priced themselves out of Jeremey Cameron with some of the ludicrous deals they have given their players (Beams, Elliott, Grundy, Treloar etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back