Opinion Dustin Martin is better than Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Cool and I agree with that, but what does it have to do with anything I’ve said?
If Fyfe had the opportunities to shine in a champion team, there is little doubt in my mind that he would.
hes a champ no doubt - the only knock in him is disposal

thats where i prefer dusty.

id have fyfe over danger for sure

Footy is a hard game to dominate as an individual, which makes Dusty even more special. To consistently stamp your authority in big games is bloody hard. Plenty of good players like Danger and Fyfe, but Dusty is the only current player who can consistently do that imo.

Mediocre post.
Footy is a dynamic game, teams all year not just in finals have the ability to come back, some from a long way further back than Richmond last night. Not choking, just changing dynamics, coaching moves etc. Aust. football is quite a unique game, for a start there are 22 on a side, so individuals that stand out like Martin, who is a unique player, come along not so often. Ablett's, Carey, Franklin, Matthews and a few others. Hardly embarrassing. Messi, Renaldo and a few others are the standouts in soccer, there are not 100's of them.
The other team has been to good in finals, especially in grand finals for a few years now, so on those occasions they were to good. Of course the opposition could all be chokers I guess.
Well if the media and commentators didn't constantly talk up players as "big game players" when they're clearly not, I wouldn't have anything to complain about.

Gotta be said tho he has been made to look better by substandard opposition.

Fair enough last night he pulled an epic but before that it was Crows & GWS in blowouts.

My favourite was when he called his own free kick then got outraged when the ball went to Dave Astbury
i was in stitches - i laughed that laugh that isnt really laughing - its more saying har har de har har as nastily as possible - if he would have heard it - it would have been ringing in his ears for days.

im sure when he reads big footy he will be mortified.

Fair enough last night he pulled an epic but before that it was Crows & GWS in blowouts.
GWS had run there race I'll give you that, but Adelaide led for the first 40 minutes or so and were a very good side until getting dismantled. Richmond were hotter than I've seen that day or since, so a little unfair.

I think his only bad finals from 17 to now was 18 when he was badly corked.
There were good, tough matches where he lifted when those matches were on the line.

Crows finished first that year and took care of business comfortably in their other finals.

They were the best side that year, not the best side on the day. They were worthy opponents.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows finished first that year and took care of business comfortably in their other finals.

They were the best side that year, not the best side on the day. They were worthy opponents.
Point is tho they were s**t at the GF. Really s**t.

Martin is a GOD right now but his first 2 NS medals were because he stood out being flashy in training runs.

GWS had run there race I'll give you that, but Adelaide led for the first 40 minutes or so and were a very good side until getting dismantled. Richmond were hotter than I've seen that day or since, so a little unfair.
Possibly but I rate his two previous NS alongside Stevie J’s in 2007.

This thread speaks volumes of the Richmond supporter base as a whole.

Instead of celebrating and championing the culmination of the most difficult season in the history of VFL/AFL history, and a third premiership, they are here in droves, in fervent and rabid hatred for one of the best players of his generation.

So quick they are to criticise, to hate, that it reveals much about themselves. A deep, deep insecurity that runs through the legacy of the club and the mindset of their supporters. Insecure people often try to make you feel insecure themselves, they feel compelled to rub their achievements in the face of others, and constantly complain and bring others down.

It comes, in my view, from years, perhaps decades, of being the laughing stock of the competition. Being absolutely belted by Geelong for decades, continual disappointment, being the subject of intense mockery - it must take an emotional toll on a person and this shared abuse must be felt and lived through the supporter base as a whole. I first experienced it in the 2017 Qualifying Final. Never had I seen such disgraceful behaviour from a supporter base. Inappropriate remarks and glances were made to me in the toilets from dozens of Richmond supporters in the toilets at half-time. But it can almost be understood when you look at the recent history of the club.

In my time following the game, this level of pettiness and insecurity is completely unrivalled by rival clubs. Hawthorn, or even Collingwood, did not come close to this level of vitriol, bitterness, fixation and hatred of our club and of our players. It's not healthy and can only lead to unhappiness.

Don't let hatred become your legacy, Tigers supporters.

The obsession with playing danger forward both at the crows and cats is something I never understood, play him as a full time mid for *s sake. His poor kicking isn’t as much of an issue if he’s winning heaps of contested footy.

This thread speaks volumes of the Richmond supporter base as a whole. It's gruesome that someone should win and turn right away to hate.

Instead of celebrating and championing the culmination of the most difficult season in the history of VFL/AFL history, and a third premiership, they are here in droves, in fervent and rabid hatred for one of the best players of his generation.

So quick they are to criticise, to hate, that it reveals so much about themselves. A deep, deep insecurity that runs through the legacy of the club and the mindset of their supporters. Insecure people often try to make you feel insecure themselves, they feel compelled to rub their achievements in the face of others, and constantly complain and bring others down.

It comes, in my view, from years, perhaps decades, of being the laughing stock of the competition. Being absolutely belted by Geelong for decades, continual disappointment, being the subject of intense mockery - it must take an emotional toll on a person and this shared abuse must be felt and lived through the supporter base as a whole. I first experienced it in the 2017 Qualifying Final. Never had I seen such disgraceful behaviour from a supporter base. Inappropriate remarks and glances were made to me in the toilets from dozens of Richmond supporters in the toilets at half-time. But it can almost be understood when you look at the recent history of the club.

In my time following the game, this level of pettiness and insecurity is completely unrivalled by rival clubs. Hawthorn, or even Collingwood, did not come close to this level of vitriol, bitterness, fixation and hatred of our club and of our players. It's not healthy and can only lead to unhappiness.

Maybe if he didn't snipe one of our players in the 1st minute of the game this thread wouldn't be here.

This thread speaks volumes of the Richmond supporter base as a whole.

So quick they are to criticise, to hate, that it reveals much about themselves. A deep, deep insecurity that runs through the legacy of the club and the mindset of their supporters. Insecure people often try to make you feel insecure themselves, they feel compelled to rub their achievements in the face of others, and constantly complain and bring others down.

Mostly neutrals been commenting on the thread champ
But nice melt

Hard to win a North Smith when team doesn’t make the GF. Doesn’t really compute when only 1 of 44 players can win a norm smith, where as everyone is able to win a Brownlow. Not saying Fyfe is better, they are totally different players and both have strengths over each other.
Fyfe played in a GF and was very brave playing after breaking his leg.
But in the first quarter he kicked two out on the full from 35 out directly in front, completes chokes.

Dusty is now has the best credentials of any player currently playing. One more flag and another Norm (or Brownlow) he becomes involved in GOAT conversations. Two flags and 2 awards away from absolutely being the undisputed GOAT, and the best part about him is he wouldn't give a toss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back