• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 27, 2015
🅱️🅰️🥇1️⃣3️⃣
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
🇦🇺
What are peoples thoughts on a night GF?

Personally I hated it
Felt like a final, not a grand final. A night game played at the end of October in a completely different state is a poor substitute and I'm honestly not sure how much being played at night factors into that. We'll find out next year because the TV networks won't give this up and the AFL loves money.

What a sad and pathetic thread.

I better get out of here before the jealousy and insecurity stain my boots..
I'm tearing up. This is so sad. The sad tale of a lost forlorn little boy, seeing his betters enjoying a joke with each other and having an enjoyable bit of banter.

Our sad little protagonist has no brain, so he can't understand how normal people react to a club of diving, flopping, head duckers, seagulling for free kicks. In a bid to make himself and his loser Dank-Robinson-Thompson initiated era club relevant he wandered unbid into a conference of those in whose shadow he is not fit to sit and tried to belittle them. Our poor champion mewled his little voice and everybody laughed. They laughed not because it was funny, but because they didn't know how else to react. It was like watching a kid crawl out of the rain forest having been raised by wolves, and watching spoon his own faeces into his mouth. Horrified at the inappropriateness of the action we laugh as a reflexive nervous reaction.

1603588223239.png

Well I had a nice evening at home last night.
Had a fillet of salmon with a Chardonnay, watched a romantic comedy chosen by Mrs Davo23 (15th or 16th time I’ve seen it) finishing with a relaxing Cognac.

Then at midnight, a friend texts me “lolcats”.

That’s all I needed to know.

Roby

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So the other guy who you would compare Martin's outstanding finals record to Leigh Matthews, the guy part of the best team of all time. This morning said...

"Martin is the closest to me, the Richmond side now would beat the Hawks three-peat and are better".

So the other guy who you would compare Martin's outstanding finals record to Leigh Matthews, the guy part of the best team of all time. This morning said...

"Martin is the closest to me, the Richmond side now would beat the Hawks three-peat and are better".
Bullshit. Our three peat team would carve this Richmond team up. You can't beat elite kicking.

RoughysMullet

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 8, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Okay fair play Richmond but please don't win another, list will be up for another 3 odd years.
The way Gillon was eyeballing them after the game I reckon he’s had enough of Richmond.. hoping nows the time he starts sabotaging them as he’s done to us ever since our 3peat..

Last edited:

I can see the quote about him saying Martin is the only comparison he doesn't find insulting but I can't find the other part reported anywhere

Billyc

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I can see the quote about him saying Martin is the only comparison he doesn't find insulting but I can't find the other part reported anywhere
Few too many head knocks anyway. He accidentally gave Nathan Broad votes instead of Jayden Short in the Norm Smith. Has admitted he got them confused.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
Taylor Walker was torn apart for his grand final (2 goals; 6 marks; 10 touches)

Dangerfield last night - 1 goal, 1 Mark, 12 touches and a whole lot of flopping:

View attachment 994421

Will his media mates go at him the same way they did Walker?

I doubt it.

I'm not one for conspiracies or anything. Though last night they showed Jelwood pushing down on the face of Baker (I think) whilst he was on top of him, and there was silence until old Brucey said something about Jelwood being a competitor and then said something like they were both being competitors. I thought it was unbelievable. Imagine what they'd say if it was Sicily, Stringer or anyone else doing that.

Lickmesocks

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I recall when they announced Ablett was returning to Geelong for the 2018, the formation of the holy trinity, etc. All the guys at our cricket club had them down to win the flag and I argued it would take more than the return of Ablett for Geelong to be successful. Guess who was right? :)

Even better was when they asked everyone in Geelong to drive around with headlights on in the middle of the day to welcome Gaz back to GTown .

Aug 27, 2015
🅱️🅰️🥇1️⃣3️⃣
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
🇦🇺
Dangerfield can actually play, he's just not the supreme superstar some people would like you to believe.
Problem is Dangerfield is very much one of those those people

Back