Dangerfield hit on Vlastuin

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Surprised there's no thread about it already.
Severe impact, high contact, reckless. Elbow to the head which caused a knock out. Surely should be looked at.

Didn't seem intentional but there was a lack of duty of care to get the elbow down after making contact with the ball.

2 weeks you'd think.

Dangerfield was protecting himself. It was accidental. I suggest that if he had not put up his arm that the inevitable head clash may have resulted in much worse injuries and to both players.

He shouldn't be suspended but he will be.

You can protect yourself without sticking your elbow out at a blokes head. Puts his arm out to tap the ball then has time to pull it in and stick his elbow out.

At least we get to see the mythical double loading in grand finals or if it is a joke like the rest of the mrp

Danger is dirty as, flops in multiple finals and now this, if it was a Richmond player there would be a 20 page thread calling for them to be hung.

2 players going hard at a loose ball in a high stakes final, incidental contact resulting in concussion? Sounds familiar (except there is absolutely no doubt where the concussion came from in this instance). Will get 0 weeks, which is what it deserves, but I’m sure nobody will mind if we bring it up as comparison for every mrp citing for the next eleventy years.

It was in play.

Perhaps he could have done a little more to avoid high contact, but it was all quick enough that the benefit of the doubt should apply.

Should have been a free for high contact, but no more than that.

Fact is Danger successfully made a play at the ball against a guy who was running back in the direction of the ball (bravely) without really knowing what was coming the other way.

The only question is did Dangerfield intentionally target the head, was it careless, or was he actually just protecting himself and avoiding a head clash?

I'm thinking anywhere between a fine and 2 weeks, and some of these calls for 4-6 weeks are major overreactions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not Ben Long so he'll probably get off.

Nothing in it... Just like a number of other incidents which have either gotten off or copped multiple weeks.

So I’d say he gets off, but with my track record on guessing these things I’m likely wrong.

He's not Ben Long so he'll probably get off.
He also didn't line up a player and bump them in the head instead of going for the ball.

He also didn't line up a player and bump them in the head instead of going for the ball.

It was a glancing blow and Macrae played out the rest of the game without even needing a concussion test, he got done for the potential to cause injury.

Dangerfield's hit may not have been intentional but he still recklessly elbowed Vlastuin in the head who was knocked out and missed the rest of the game.

Dangerfield is a star of the game and a media favourite so I still expect him to get off, if Long did the same thing he'd probably get 3 or 4 weeks.

It was a glancing blow and Macrae played out the rest of the game without even needing a concussion test, he got done for the potential to cause injury.

Dangerfield's hit may not have been intentional but he still recklessly elbowed Vlastuin in the head who was knocked out and missed the rest of the game.

Dangerfield is a star of the game and a media favourite so I still expect him to get off, if Long did the same thing he'd probably get 3 or 4 weeks.
Wouldnt expect any less from you plugga

Remove this Banner Ad

Back