Continued here ...

Benaly28

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
IMG_1486.JPG

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hey guys spoke to Saad’s close relative today, apparently Teague spoke to him before he nominated Carlton and promised him you guys have a A-grade midfielder joining the blues this season at around 600k a year? Any news on who this might be?
Probably ZW

murphster

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Steelers,Dodgers,Casey Stoner
That was Doc's worst game of the season. To be honest, I think Doc will be better in 2021, when his injuries are further behind him. The other thing, assuming Saad gets to us, is who will opposition play their defensive forward on? They targeted Doc this year, because of the drive he provides from the backline. It won't be as easy with Saad and Williams around.
We saw in 2017 how effective the duo of Doc and Simmo where in maintaining drive while also keeping a spare in defence by being able to switch around depending on match ups, Doc and Saad will become even more effective especially offensively as both love to overlap run and will work off each other to deliver constant free space to run and carry, something Doc has missed this year with Simmo aging and Samo and Willo not quite at the same level with overlap run, although Willo looked better the longer the year went and really got his left leg going late as well.

swuzzlebubble

Premiership Player
Aug 5, 2007
Royal Pde
AFL Club
Carlton
Lol.. Stones Green Ginger Wine was my first hangover at 16! 😀😀

There used to be this thing called Hock, Lime and Lemon.
$1.50 and it effectively wiped out four young teenagers.

I want to change my mind, but the more I think about it, the less I want us trading for another midfielder that will tie our hands for the rest of this year and next year. Maybe it's just a phase I'm going through....

The Flying Doormat

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2008
Carrickalinga
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tranmere Rovers
Of course it was two actions, two reactions actually. Neither was malicious. Maliciousness holds intent. Intent takes planning.

Humans take a minimum of between 1.5 to 2.5 seconds to react to a critical incident. Their first reaction though is generally self preservation.

Dangerfield saw the ball and reacted, the first action, the second scenario entered quickly and he preserved himself. Absorbing front on contact is not natural so he tried to deflect, not attack.

Yes I have a understanding in this field.
Take 2.5 seconds to react to a Curtley Ambrose bouncer and you're a statistic.

Stamos

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 30, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
I want to change my mind, but the more I think about it, the less I want us trading for another midfielder that will tie our hands for the rest of this year and next year. Maybe it's just a phase I'm going through....

A reasonable opinion to hold.
Would your preference to be stop at Saad and Williams, take 3 in the draft? Chase another cheap player? Trade out of the first round for a future 1st?

CrippasHeavyLoad

Senior List
Jul 26, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Hey guys spoke to Saad’s close relative today, apparently Teague spoke to him before he nominated Carlton and promised him you guys have a A-grade midfielder joining the blues this season at around 600k a year? Any news on who this might be?

Jye Caldwell...

swuzzlebubble

Premiership Player
Aug 5, 2007
Royal Pde
AFL Club
Carlton
Jye Caldwell...

Or Dunkley

Sep 3, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Merrett apparently

A reasonable opinion to hold.
Would your preference to be stop at Saad and Williams, take 3 in the draft? Chase another cheap player? Trade out of the first round for a future 1st?

It could change tomorrow, but right now -

1. Williams as a FA
2. Saad for a later first
3. The other late first to be traded off for a 2021 1st
4. Second rounder for a quality KPD. Carlton needs a back up.

That would leave Carlton with 2 * 2021 1st rounders and the money and ability to target another quality FA

I know I said it before, but this situation allows us to 'understand' what we have and to target exactly what we need next year.
I want to win the Premiership next year also, but not sure that even a Wines alone will get us over that line.....and I've felt since the start f the year that we really have to know what we have before we can truly use up all our resources. Liddle said as much two months ago and I guess that solidified my feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back