Dangerfield hit on Vlastuin

Its amazing people still going on about cotchin in 2017, but saying danger was just going for the ball
lol Danger actually made contact with the ball, what more evidence do you need?

lol Danger actually made contact with the ball, what more evidence do you need?

Cotch had the ball in his hand, hilarious that people defend one and still go on about the other

Cotch had the ball in his hand, hilarious that people defend one and still go on about the other
I'm not going on about the other, infact I can't even remember it but to say Danger was doing anything other than going for the ball is wrong

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Looked two actions to me - punched the ball -> left the forearm aloft -> deployed it in a striking motion.

Bit hard to take anything the AFL says about protecting the head seriously if he is let off.

In saying that, he either gets four weeks or nothing. There can't be any in-between.

Looked two actions to me - punched the ball -> left the forearm aloft -> deployed it in a striking motion.

Bit hard to take anything the AFL says about protecting the head seriously if he is let off.

In saying that, he either gets four weeks or nothing. There can't be any in-between.
You have to watch it in full speed, there was zero remonstration from Tigers players on the field because it was just an accident and they all knew it.

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
You have to watch it in full speed, there was zero remonstration from Tigers players on the field because it was just an accident and they all knew it.

It's... unusual. We won the game and Vlastuin recovered in time to enjoy it so I'm not going to get shitty if he's let off, but IMO it opens the door to certain "techniques".

Young Gun #6

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus, Suns
Wasn’t even a free kick let alone suspension worthy.

Unfortunate for the Vlaustin but if that’s a suspension may as well make punching the ball illegal going forward.

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
It's... unusual. We won the game and Vlastuin recovered in time to enjoy it so I'm not going to get shitty if he's let off, but IMO it opens the door to certain "techniques".
And the cats do have a form line for certain techniques

The incident between Geelong Cats' Patrick Dangerfield and Richmond's Nick Vlastuin from the first quarter of Saturday's game between Richmond and the Geelong Cats was assessed. The ball is loose. Vlastuin and Dangerfield approach the ball from opposing directions. Dangerfield punches the ball and in the process makes high contact to Vlastuin. It was the view of the MRO that Dangerfield's actions were not unreasonable in the circumstances. No further action was taken.

Imagine the uproar if it was Lynch who took out Ablett. Everyone would be calling for the death penalty.

Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
From the time he punched the ball to colliding with Vlastuin was something like 1/8th of a second.
Only Barry Allen could have avoided what happened.

Mar 14, 2009
MCG
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tottenham
Why did he extend the elbow into Vlastuin after punching the ball? There was no need to make that action unless it was malicious intent.

The excuse for him seems to be no time to react...but he did react by changing from a punch action to pulling the elbow in with 2 actions. If a Richmond player did that there would be 20 threads on here.

Oh well, Vlastuin is luckily okay and dangerflog gets no flag. That's going to burn deeper in him as likely his last chance over a suspension. Happy days.

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
He's not Ben Long so he'll probably get off.
Who?

It's two clear actions. Lol.

Dangerfield punches the ball and in the process makes high contact to Vlastuin.

I call bullshit on that.

If it was Jack Ziebell or Lindsay Thomas instead of Danger there would be worldwide calls to deregister them from the game.

SpineDr

Debutant
Mar 4, 2009
Caulfield North
AFL Club
Richmond
The incident between Geelong Cats' Patrick Dangerfield and Richmond's Nick Vlastuin from the first quarter of Saturday's game between Richmond and the Geelong Cats was assessed. The ball is loose. Vlastuin and Dangerfield approach the ball from opposing directions. Dangerfield punches the ball and in the process makes high contact to Vlastuin. It was the view of the MRO that Dangerfield's actions were not unreasonable in the circumstances. No further action was taken.
Free kick at least

Back