Other Teams
CDFC
Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
Would Geelong have won that match with Tim Kelly?
Just think if we didn't trade for Gibbs could have had Kelly and Balta on our list

Also, just want to point out.... if we’d had our traditional day game yesterday it would have been smack bang in the middle of thunderstorms. Also, we had worse storms come through for most of today!
557BDC3A-84B4-4EE4-BA2B-7E98C46718E2.jpeg

Last edited:

Dc9798

Club Legend
Dec 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus FC
We led by 11pts at QT of the 2017 GF and I still havent recovered from Betts being held in the goal square to take that to 17pts.

Or them running over the mark at a Lynch set shot early in the 2nd

We dominated early in the second quarter but didn’t put it on the scoreboard, trailed by 9 points at the half and the rest is history unfortunately.
Familiar feeling at 3/4 time last night, Richmond only had a 2 point lead but it felt like it Geelong weren’t in it.

Oct 16, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
I mean, it's always nice to have Dusty for the cherry on top but all of Richmonds 10-22 players have a set role and they play it bloody well by the results of the last 4 years. Sometimes Castagna will get some goals but he always puts pressure on the player in the vicinity...and that is his role, get them turning the ball over coming out of defense and he does that very well.

Last edited by a moderator:

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Be interesting to see if History follows Geelong, the last 2 teams to lose to Richmond in a grand final fail to make the Finals in the next year.

Will Danger be criticised for that capitulation? He's never been a big game player. Yet to show composure when the pressure is at its highest

He's copping it from the supporters.

The media has already blamed Chris Scott though.

LoBu

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I just noticed Damian Barrett was on the voting committee for the Norm Smith; I guess people do listen to him after all, and he clearly is mixing with and has a voice with important people. It's a poor choice for me. Don't rate his opinion.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC,Chelsea,Glasgow Celtic,Lech Poznan
I just noticed Damian Barrett was on the voting committee for the Norm Smith; I guess people do listen to him after all, and he clearly is mixing with and has a voice with important people. It's a poor choice for me. Don't rate his opinion.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Voting should be footballers with GF experience. No one else knows what it takes.

Will Danger be criticised for that capitulation? He's never been a big game player. Yet to show composure when the pressure is at its highest

Of course not. He is utterly untouchable.

Tex Walker would have been (and was) eviscerated for a similar effort

Oct 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Danger is actually a great kick around the ground and also at goal when there is little weighing on the result. Kicked a massive bomb from outside 50m during the season and great goal on the boundary vs the Lions last week, but not much was resting on those kicks.

Unfortunately for him the pressure of the situation hits him hard, its a massive flaw and makes it hard for him to be positioned as a reliable key forward.

You are correct, he can clunk a big mark and can crash packs. Its purely his mental side of the game that hurts his goal kicking, as he has the weapons to kick long and straight.
Yeah he’s capable, it’s just a raffle with his kicks. Literally can go anywhere. And yes, I agree, the harder he tries, the worse it gets. It’s like watching an Auskick kid trying to kick the cover off the ball.

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
Voting should be footballers with GF experience. No one else knows what it takes.
Mmmm. Nope. That is clearly not true. I present for your discussion ... Josh Jenkins.

Mmmm. Nope. That is clearly not true. I present for your discussion ... Josh Jenkins.

Jenkins would have been a better option than Rohan, but that also says more about Rohan being a witches hat last night than anything else.

JJ would have seagulled a goal or two. Runs damn hard to get the easy goals in the goal square.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Jenkins would have been a better option than Rohan, but that also says more about Rohan being a witches hat last night than anything else.

JJ would have seagulled a goal or two. Runs damn hard to get the easy goals in the goal square.
Jenkins has lost his running power.

Noticed that last year.

Once that was gone his usefulness was also gone.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Back