Is 2020 the best premiership ever?

bunderson

Senior List
Jun 9, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Richmond are the greatest travelling team of all time.

They played only 5/21 games in Melbourne. All against other Victorian clubs. All their main rivals got to play most of the season from home.

16 games away from home
4 finals on the road

Greatest against all odds premiership of all time. Greatest travelling team of time.

Just out of interest - who were all these main rivals who played most of their season at home?

No,,this season was a crapfest.
Far less interest in this season than any other.It had some good moments provided a bit of entertainment and I don't begrudge the clubs and the industry and players making a living .But honestly couldn't wait for the season to be over so we could shut the door lock the border and not have to listen to it.
Of course Gil will front up to the Eagles and say
- please can we have a loan?We a bit short of money please?
Weren't you lot going to separate from Australia? How's that going? Can we help in any way?
Just out of interest - who were all these main rivals who played most of their season at home?
That would be the only two teams above Richmond on the ladder...

Last edited:
No,,this season was a crapfest.
Far less interest in this season than any other.It had some good moments provided a bit of entertainment and I don't begrudge the clubs and the industry and players making a living .But honestly couldn't wait for the season to be over so we could shut the door lock the border and not have to listen to it.
Of course Gil will front up to the Eagles and say
- please can we have a loan?We a bit short of money please?
I agree. Piss off, and take your team with you.
I think we've all pretty much had a gut full of mean, small minded, pea hearted, whinging and entitled Eagles supporters. You've made utter pigs of yourself this year and no-one wants to hear any more of your s**t.

t_94

Premiership Player
May 6, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Remember when Richmond used to, and still does, relentlessly cop sh*t from opposition supporters? Previously it was justified. Now people are sad that Richmond aren't their perennial punching bag anymore, and they're salty about it.

Suck sh*t. Premiers again!
A personal congratulations to you mate. Dimma and Dusty couldn’t have done it with you. Hope you practiced your two handed drop punt down the park this morning and got a head start on some 2021 banner ideas.

Remember when Richmond fans were humble and good sports?

Yeah me neither.
They deserve to celebrate. What their side has achieved over the past 4 years after sticking with Hardwick has been fantastic.

Barry_Badrinath

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2011
Bathing in Premiership Glory
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Grand Finals at the Gabba

Brisbane, Port and West Cost all got to continue playing games On their home deck like a normal season. All 3 lost finals at home as well

OffTheBit

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I was hoping my team wouldn't make the grand final as I really didn't want our break through season to be remembered as the irrelevant one. Well done to Richmond, but its just not the same as a real flag. They knew it in round 5 and they'll know it once their hang over wears off in a day or two. This season was about keeping the game going and people entertained, thats about it.

A personal congratulations to you mate. Dimma and Dusty couldn’t have done it with you. Hope you practiced your two handed drop punt down the park this morning and got a head start on some 2021 banner ideas.
It's always tempting to jump on toxic hateful trolls such as yourself but I'm sure you have your reasons.

Are you okay?

Barry_Badrinath

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2011
Bathing in Premiership Glory
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Grand Finals at the Gabba
like a normal season??
you really have no idea....

how many games did WCE play at home?

8/18

Roughly the usual ratio. Plus they played a number of them in a row, which I’ve been assured many times by West Cost supporters is a huge advantage.

While other teams were battling to get through the bubble life, West Coast were home flat tracking teams at Optus for weeks on end.

In the end though, West Coast weren’t really a rival and bowed out early. Brisbane and Port had even more blessed runs

bunderson

Senior List
Jun 9, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Agreed that WCE weren't good enough but a bit rich to claim that WC continued to play at home like a normal season.

The battling through hub life..... WCE and Freo had to do it twice meanwhile Richmond stayed in the same hub without disruptions.
Richmond didn't even have to travel to the WA hub like the other finalists had to.

Agreed that WCE weren't good enough but a bit rich to claim that WC continued to play at home like a normal season.

The battling through hub life..... WCE and Freo had to do it twice meanwhile Richmond stayed in the same hub without disruptions.
Richmond didn't even have to travel to the WA hub like the other finalists had to.

Are you really suggesting that spending 110 days away from home was an Advantage to Richmond compare to WCE/Freo who had to do two shorter stints of approximately a month at a time?

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Richmond can't win outside the MCG and have no depth without Deledio, Cotchin, Riewoldt and Rance.

Remember when neutrals would say Richmond couldn't win without Deledio? That was funny
Are you really suggesting that spending 110 days away from home was an Advantage to Richmond compare to WCE/Freo who had to do two shorter stints of approximately a month at a time?
this season had more swerves than your average Vince Russo wrestling story line.... Bro lol

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
was a sh*t year all round but you can’t possibly say that the interstate teams had it anywhere close to as bad as vic teams had it
vic teams were escaping covidtoria with their families

must have been a relief - every one at home in lockdown

richmond have done well - geelong have done well - the rest of the vic teams - notso much and at the end the gf was finally a neutral venue.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
you guys did it with families

our first stint we were just dumped in qld with no idea how long we were going to be there for and the majority didnt bring families as at that stage it looked like the whole east coast was going down with covid.

the victorian teams were moving away from it - we were moving towards it.

richmond have achieved a majestic season and overcome adversity to do it

people talking down the season as the covid cup and downplaying its relevance are wrong - its every bit as meaningful a flag as any - but dont gild the lily

the options the victorian teams had between the hubs and home made the hubs a lot more attractive than staying in lockdown at home.

for our guys it was the opposite - we were going from next to no restrictions into hub restrictions. totally different mindset.

congratulations on your well deserved win richmond - its pretty clear that this is a special team on its way to greatness.

Apr 15, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
I was hoping my team wouldn't make the grand final as I really didn't want our break through season to be remembered as the irrelevant one. Well done to Richmond, but its just not the same as a real flag. They knew it in round 5 and they'll know it once their hang over wears off in a day or two. This season was about keeping the game going and people entertained, thats about it.
You hoped your team wouldn't make a grand final that they'd get to play at home in front of their fans?

wowee, very odd way of thinking

t_94

Premiership Player
May 6, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
It's always tempting to jump on toxic hateful trolls such as yourself but I'm sure you have your reasons.

Are you okay?

Quite well thanks but appreciate your concern.

I’m toxic because I point out the fact that a vast number of Richmond supporters can’t differentiate between supporting a team and actually achieving something in life? Ok.

Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Remember when Richmond used to, and still does, relentlessly cop sh*t from opposition supporters? Previously it was justified. Now people are sad that Richmond aren't their perennial punching bag anymore, and they're salty about it.

Suck sh*t. Premiers again!
I don't care what anyone says - "suck s**t" is still in the top 3 of all time insults.

our first stint we were just dumped in qld with no idea how long we were going to be there for and the majority didnt bring families as at that stage it looked like the whole east coast was going down with covid.

the victorian teams were moving away from it - we were moving towards it.

You do realise this only occurred 4 months ago?

People remember what was happening back in June---but nice way to try & change history to try and make your team sound more impressive. But let's not compare the 'sacrifice' of the Eagles players (who were the first club to complain about hubs after only a few weeks) to that of the Victorian clubs that were away for over 3 months.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Its going to be hard trying to Ignore the Anti Richmond posts on here.

I am looking at the 2020 season as a neutral and General view.

I actualy enjoyed watching it. Especialy the footy mania bit of watching 20 games in 20 days etc.

I didnt mind AFL teams playing every 3-4 days, it meant fringe players were roatated mid season too.

Quite well thanks but appreciate your concern.
Righto, so you're just an a***hole eh?
I’m toxic because I point out the fact that a vast number of Richmond supporters can’t differentiate between supporting a team and actually achieving something in life? Ok.
Yes, aside from that being a wholly unimaginative generalization.

Ok. If you're okay with being a c*nt - good luck to you...

Sportsmad93

Debutant
Sep 19, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
Nope because for starters the quarters were shortened with less rounds. Clubs didn't have to get on planes and travel frequently. 2017 and 2019 was more hard earned imo. Only difference was they faced a tougher opponent in the Grand Final than last year.

Back