2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Subiaco Lions
It's a pity we have gone cold on Broad. He has a bit of campaigner / hardness in him that our defence lacks.
Some of those defensive efforts against the Hawks in that last round are burnt into my brain.
If he's asking a mint then it's not worth it. I do like him but we don't need to keep overpaying role players.

Inb4 someone rants about Atkins. $400k after performance bonuses isn't overpaying guys

Dec 3, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Richmond has built their dynasty because they didn't over pay their role players.

And dusty
If he's asking a mint then it's not worth it. I do like him but we don't need to keep overpaying role players.

Inb4 someone rants about Atkins. $400k after performance bonuses isn't overpaying guys

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I listened to that Brandon Ellis podcast with Dylan Buckley.
Sounds like he didn’t have many options and then the suns swooped in with an offer he couldn’t refuse.
Don’t get me wrong, been a great addition so far.
From what he said feels like we could have got him for a bit less though.

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
It's a pity we have gone cold on Broad. He has a bit of campaigner / hardness in him that our defence lacks.
Some of those defensive efforts against the Hawks in that last round are burnt into my brain.

I think Broad would be great for our best 22, but not really viable when we are already paying Hombsch & Burgess who can both play a similar shutdown role.

Or alternatively play Graham and then Ballard can be our 3rd tall shutdown or intercept defender.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
I think Broad would be great for our best 22, but not really viable when we are already paying Hombsch & Burgess who can both play a similar shutdown role.

Or alternatively play Graham and then Ballard can be our 3rd tall shutdown or intercept defender.
He is a much better player then everyone you named and Ballard can't play on smaller types. Broad can play on everyone, hence him playing on both Dangerfield and Rohan and giving both of them a bath. He is exactly what our backline is missing imo

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
He is a much better player then everyone you named and Ballard can't play on smaller types. Broad can play on everyone, hence him playing on both Dangerfield and Rohan and giving both of them a bath. He is exactly what our backline is missing imo

Completely agree he is better than what we currently have. But how do you afford him when we are already paying 2 players for the same role?

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Completely agree he is better than what we currently have. But how do you afford him when we are already paying 2 players for the same role?
Hombsch is a second tall defender, definitely not a medium tall like Broad, and Burgess is probably lucky to still be on the team. It sucks that he is apparently wanting to much money cause we would make a massive difference to our backline. We always get torched by the medium tall types

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
“But Gold Coast has not yet closed the door on a longshot trade with the Magpies for jet midfielder Adam Treloar for next season.

The Suns remain interested in Treloar, whose partner Kimmy Ravaillion is headed to Queensland to play netball. They have a young child.

Gold Coast could give Collingwood pick No. 5 for Treloar in a move that would pair young star Matt Rowell with last year’s leading disposal winner”.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
“But Gold Coast has not yet closed the door on a longshot trade with the Magpies for jet midfielder Adam Treloar for next season.

The Suns remain interested in Treloar, whose partner Kimmy Ravaillion is headed to Queensland to play netball. They have a young child.

Gold Coast could give Collingwood pick No. 5 for Treloar in a move that would pair young star Matt Rowell with last year’s leading disposal winner”.

Are you guys aware that we would be picking up what has been reported to be a “massively back ended contract”???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
Are you guys aware that we would be picking up what has been reported to be a “massively back ended contract”???

You could re-structure the contract to front-ended and pay a good whack of it over the next 2 years (I guess with $$$ possibly freed up from Wright’s and/or Brodie’s current 2yr contract, etc).

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
We really need to look into a ruck this trade period... Smith, Conroy and Murtagh aren’t really AFL quality
Have you seen most of the other teams ruck situations? A lot of teams don’t even have a great first ruck.
I think smith is more than ample back up.

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
Not sure how I feel about this Treloar business, he has rejected us how many times?
He will not be invested in the club.. so why get him in?
What happens in 12months when his mrs goes back to VIC?
Trade again?..

yeah... Hard NO

Seems fairly media driven at this point. No new information has come out since Dew and Treloar both said it wouldn’t happen and the latest article provides literally no information except ‘the Suns haven’t given up the chase for Treloar’.

Surely the recruiting team is putting time and effort into other targets that we may be in for that haven’t firmly shutdown wanting to play for us. Surely!

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Collingwood telling Treloar we don’t want you.
Averaged most disposals in the comp.
Seems odd.
Proves he gets the ball and doesn’t use it effectively

Buyer Beware.

E78A3B70-FECE-4575-8748-51C1C6C5C533.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back