Review 2020 Grand Final discussion

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The hilarious part of this is that the one answer they might have had, was left deep forward to watch it all unfold going the other way.

It's been said a lot in the press already, but that is a truly Brad Scott level faux pas.

On another note the incredible dilution of talent needs to be addressed soon, or we'll have eras of role players winning flags from now till a time where no-one will want to watch footy any more.

Dustin Martin and a few others excused from that. But in years gone by every team carried a few solid C and middling B graders through their eras of success. Seems to be more than a few have 3 flags now in the current Tiger's team.

Credit to Hardwick for coming up with a winning game plan. But boy o boy, it is tough on the old peepers.
Was a strange non move , but Danger went into the midfield game on the line at the start of the 4th and had no impact .

Obviously hindsight but I dont think it would have mattered , in fact I'm confident it wouldnt have.

Was a strange non move , but Danger went into the midfield game on the line at the start of the 4th and had no impact .

Obviously hindsight but I dont think it would have mattered , in fact I'm confident it wouldnt have.
Game wasn't on the line at 3/4 time, it was gone.

Cats had given up 4 goal lead & were scared of the inevitable - most players dropped their bundle & Richmond had unstoppable confidence.

Needed to do it in 3rd quarter for it to be effective

Geelong simply ran out of legs in the second half. Like nearly all teams that can't match
Richmond's relentless run and pressure right to the end. l don't know how they can do it
but no other team can. Happy geelong lost, apparently Ablett and his side deserved to win
before the ball had been kicked. Thankfully no more holy trinity but l do feel a bit for
Dangerflog. Hope Selwood is having a big sook. l wonder if he thinks Richmond pinched it.

Game wasn't on the line at 3/4 time, it was gone.

Cats had given up 4 goal lead & were scared of the inevitable - most players dropped their bundle & Richmond had unstoppable confidence.

Needed to do it in 3rd quarter for it to be effective
2 pts is on the line , its under a goal in a GF !!
yes the Tigers were all over them and the momentum was heading their way.

Thats when your champions stand up in the big or biggest games.

2 pts is on the line , its under a goal in a GF !!
yes the Tigers were all over them and the momentum was heading their way.

Thats when your champions stand up in the big or biggest games.
It was all over by then with Richmond a run on & cats running scared, but either way...

He should've been in the middle long before the game was lost - let's agree on that bit & not worry about when that point was

It was all over by then with Richmond a run on & cats running scared, but either way...

He should've been in the middle long before the game was lost - let's agree on that bit & not worry about when that point was

Yet Richmond we're paying $5.50 at half time. Monumental * up.

The style Chris Scott plays is what saves them. I think if they sack him that team doesn’t make a GF.

It’s like NFL when you play against a gun QB. Control the clock by keeping possession and denying the gun QB opportunities.

if the cats aren’t taking uncontested marks they’re cooked.

Magnificent effort by Richmond
And just on that, they ARE creating their own dynasty and good on em
Hawthorn needs to get itself back up there and compete as clubs did with us
Simple as that
Thank * for an intelligent response to the GF...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am no AFL Coach but it's not too difficult to see Dusty is the A++ of that Richmond team.

If Dangerflog is our A++ and is supposedly primed to explode (as per news coverage) .... well, we go head to head.
And I back the rest of my mids to beat theirs (I rate Mitch Duncan highly).

If we win I am a genius !! If we lose I blame Dangerflog...

Simples !! ( Dear North Melbourne I wish to apply ....)

100%. Not hard is it.

“Hey Patty it’s time we put you our best player on Dusty and we go head to head for the night”.

The style Chris Scott plays is what saves them.
Playing for frees and complaining when they don't get them?

Playing for frees and complaining when they don't get them?

Still staggers me how Selwood plays for frees and constantly gets them - even on the big stage. I like the idea of protecting champion players but Dangerfield gets looked after far more than a Tom Mitchell or Paddy Cripps, they don't miss anything when it comes to Dangerfield.

Geelong simply ran out of legs in the second half. Like nearly all teams that can't match
Richmond's relentless run and pressure right to the end. l don't know how they can do it
but no other team can. Happy geelong lost, apparently Ablett and his side deserved to win
before the ball had been kicked. Thankfully no more holy trinity but l do feel a bit for
Dangerflog. Hope Selwood is having a big sook. l wonder if he thinks Richmond pinched it.

Geelong seemed to outnumber Richmond at all times and areas of the ground in first half. Its hard to keep that up. Geelong also rely on being able to tempo for large parts of the game. This may be the finals flaw for them. Richmond dint let them.
It applies to Hawthorn too

1603669801439.png

Last edited:
So the other guy who you would compare Martin's outstanding finals record to Leigh Matthews, the guy part of the best team of all time. This morning said...

"Martin is the closest to me, the Richmond side now would beat the Hawks three-peat and are better".

wouldnt you have to be able to beat the hawthorn 2020 side first?

Don't mind Richmond winning it.

Geelong are our great modern day rival and we still have four flags in this extended era compared to their three and Selwood still only has three.

Which off season was it that Richmond shopped Martin around?
I'm thinking end of 2012? I may be wrong?
Gee sliding doors moment there if he had of left then.

Don't mind Richmond winning it.

Geelong are our great modern day rival and we still have four flags in this extended era compared to their three and Selwood still only has three.

Selwood will always have 3

wouldnt you have to be able to beat the hawthorn 2020 side first?
I mean I'm pretty sure half that "quote" never happened

But tigers beat is during our threepeat

A single game doesn't mean much unless it's the last game of the year

Good teams do enough during home and away and turn up for finals.

We used to do that, now we can look at whether our best is good enough but then we have to ask is our best sustainable.

Currently it's not and that's what we have to work on. Part of that it getting more talent so we can be at our best more consistently.

Back