AFL Grand Final Grand Final, 2020: Richmond v Geelong

Who will be premiers?

• Tigers

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • Cats

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Danger punched the ball away then folded up his arm and took out Vlastuin with his forearm elbow ...... if Geelong had won the GF he would have been suspended for 2 weeks doubled to 4 ..... as they didnt win the sorry factor kicked in
I thought it was just an unlucky incident. In real time, it happened incredibly fast and there wasn't anything he could have done really.

Geelong's forward line is trash. It's Hawkins or nothing. Rohan is a non entity in finals, Miers always looks out of his depths. They were crying out for a crumber last night, but they all went up at the ball every single time. Someone like Butler would have been feasting on the crumbs.

If I were Geelong, I'd be playing Steven as a deep forward. He's never again to be fit enough to be the damaging mid he once was, but I often think about his come back game where we played him as a mini Plugger. I imagine he'd still have plenty of burst pace to create leads, he's got good hands and a low centre of gravity to clean up Hawkins' crumbs, and he has excellent goal sense.

Genius coach not smart enough to see that.
If he'd still been at the Saints i'd have him instead of Kent or Lonie.

WOW WOW

Dangerfield gets off
it turned the game ,when Geelong kicked goals .
Nick KO no further part in the game ,regardless of PD action , it KO the guy

Pathetic again by Christian

any special thoughts /

WOW WOW

Dangerfield gets off
it turned the game ,when Geelong kicked goals .
Nick KO no further part in the game ,regardless of PD action , it KO the guy

Pathetic again by Christian

any special thoughts /
I think it clearly shows that if your standing in the game is of a higher profile you will get a free pass for just about anything short of murdering a guy.
Looked pretty straightforward to me:
Extended arm for the punch
Retracts his fist to be closer to his body for self protection from the oncoming Vlaustin
Whilst maintaining his fist close to his body Danger extends his elbow whether for self preservation or something else only he will know - either way he knocks NV out cold.
Impact: high
Conduct: Careless (at best)

for it to be thrown out is subjective bias from the MRP and further shows how amateurish our league actually is.

I think it clearly shows that if your standing in the game is of a higher profile you will get a free pass for just about anything short of murdering a guy.
Retracts his fist to be closer to his body for self protection from the oncoming Vlaustin
Whilst maintaining his fist close to his body Danger extends his elbow whether for self preservation or something else only he will know - either way he knocks NV out cold.

for it to be thrown out is subjective bias from the MRP and further shows how amateurish our league actually is.
(my son and brother tigers)
thanks i just sent Christian another twitter ( ben long he copped 1 )
regardless of hitting ball first , the end result Nick fullback, was KO, took no further part in the GF
the cats kicked 3 goals at that time , whilst tigers rearranged the backs . Could have lost it, but cats not up to it
i told Christian to retire

Perception is all. What I saw was very close to that. Had his arm at a 90 degree angle to his body and his forearm at a 90 degree angle to his upper arm, so he would go into a contest leading with his elbow. Ball came through so he straightened his forearm only to punch, then brought his forearm back to lead with his elbow again.
Barring some sort of physical disability, I can only assume his intention was to hit someone with his elbow.

Getting suspended for similar incidents in junior football hasn’t helped his case. Marked man for sure unfortunately
Longy isn't very good at disguising his intentions with those bumps- still looks to me like he is going the man and not the ball, and basically that's what the MRP sees. Ratts just needs to work on it so we don't lose a potentially good player with lots of upside.

Perception is all. What I saw was very close to that. Had his arm at a 90 degree angle to his body and his forearm at a 90 degree angle to his upper arm, so he would go into a contest leading with his elbow. Ball came through so he straightened his forearm only to punch, then brought his forearm back to lead with his elbow again.
Barring some sort of physical disability, I can only assume his intention was to hit someone with his elbow.

Its not even relevant , he positioned his elbow in a manner that had potential to do damage.
Evidence of this is the fact that it did in fact do damage.

I assume that it is ok for all the players to run round with chicken wings next seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its not even relevant , he positioned his elbow in a manner that had potential to do damage.
Evidence of this is the fact that it did in fact do damage.

I assume that it is ok for all the players to run round with chicken wings next seasons.
Which part isn’t relevant SS? Otherwise I think we agree?

based on what Long got, Dangerfield should have been given life

Never going to happen, man heads the AFLPA for the players, he could literally s**t gold and keep it whilst the farmer starved to death and people would still give him a throne to sit on.

Back