Coach North Coach - poll (David Noble appointed)

Next coach of Kangaroos

• Michal Voss

Votes: 59 27.8%
  • Jarrad Schofield

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Mark 'Chocco' Williams

Votes: 22 10.4%
  • Paul Roos

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Matthew Knights

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • Ross Lyon

Votes: 32 15.1%
  • Other

Votes: 37 17.5%
  • Sam Mitchell

Votes: 11 5.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I really hope whoever takes this role is a coach with an established CV of success. As it will be a bumpy ride back to sustained success which can kill careers.

The Roos will also have to back in their new coach offering a 7 year deal upfront.

I feel they should select Lyons but they'll get Voss.

Who ever gets the gig, keep Jared Polec and learn what to pay the different player types !

Who ever gets the gig, keep Jared Polec and learn what to pay the different player types !

yep

Polec is a starter in every clubs 22. Sit down with him and make it work!

Just get someone in that has a good 7 to 10 years experience as an assistant coach and has already built up a network so that they can bring the coaching team they want in and look for long term success none of this we want someone to turn it around in a year or two.

Otherwise I don't care (but obviously I care enough to post in this thread as I can kind of see North disappearing from Melbourne).

I think they should get Lyon and Roos for now to steady things before handing over the reigns, rather than going for another untried coach. They're both good friends and I can see them working well off one another. One to be a senior coach and maybe the other the football director. That club needs to seriously be sorted out and they're the ones capable of bringing the people there to reality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I want Ross Lyon to coach North just to pi## a lot of people off, north need Paul roos more.

Get him on a 2 or 3 year deal with a replacement when Roos is gone.

It will be a slow but gradual rebuild but I think most north fans will tolerate it.

Should introduce a rule stating teams can only be coached by coaches who have similar names to the team. So obviously that leaves Paul Roos with the Kangaroos, though I think it limits the Swans coaches to Dane Swan and Sydney Stack, which would be, um, interesting.

North would not be doing there due diligence if they are not at least asking the question of Alistair Clarkson. He played at North and the lure of returning to 'save' the club he represented might be strong.. Additionally Sam Mitchell has been groomed and seems ready to take over at Hawthorn.. The Hawks know where they are at and its a rebuild, they wont want to be paying Clarkson $800k+ to not make the finals, particularly with the lowering of the soft cap, so might be quite happy to part ways, particularly when they could pay Mitchell half that and get the same result..

Doubt Mitchell would want to work for a bunch of morons in Archer and B Buckley. They're cancerous and running that club into the ground

Back