List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingmagic

Cancelled
Sep 24, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Don't worry guys, I got the PM and will actually share it with you so you don't feel like you're missing out. It confirms what I heard from a friend who is connected with the player's auntie, who is my best friends golf partner.

"Heeney has had a falling out with Sydney. The coach hates him. He is on massive money and so they are looking at a salary dump just to get rid of him quickly. They are trying to keep it under the radar so will quietly get done without media talking about it (probably in the last 30 minutes of the trade period). He is super keen to join his best friends Jones and Hannebery. Supported the club as a child. We are in the box seat. But can go any club. Make of that what you will. Take it to the bank. If I get 25 retweets I will reveal the next player we are targeting."

There were instructions also not to share it on the main trade thread because of so many ungrateful posters, and to try and make people feel left out by vaguely referring to it. I thought this was childish and think it's my duty to bring you the news. Don't shoot the messenger, I only post what I get told.

WeedsMullet84

Cancelled
Oct 31, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Celtic, Glenelg
Far out, if you reckon the rubbish being sprouted on Trade Radio is bad, check out what Jay Clark had to say..

baysidesaint

Debutant
Feb 8, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Nothing earth shattering but been told from my mate in the media that we like Narkle.
Always liked him and he wants to move to Melbourne.
He has a minor knee issue and as Jimmy Bartel told him that he has about 7 or 8 years of footy left in his knee.

Also coming from a family member of Ben King that just have to be patient but he will be at the saints but not yet.
We have our sights on a big fish but he wouldn't tell me who.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Mitch Cleary will just bag our midfield again.
I had tuned in for 15 or so minutes just before and they were already into us for getting brad crouch.
Funny, when it looked as though the Tigers or Cats were front runners for him it was a great move.

WeedsMullet84

Cancelled
Oct 31, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Celtic, Glenelg
You won't get a much worse take on the Crouch situation than this from Jay Clark...

CROUCH DEAL

At this stage St Kilda is not prepared to pay Brad Crouch more than $7000,000 to trigger the No. 2 pick the Crows desperately want.

The midfielder was caught by police with an illicit substance at season’s end and demand for his services dropped-off at Geelong, Richmond and Port Adelaide.

An end-of-first round compensation pick would slot in for the Crows about No. 20. It seems about right for a player who finished outside the top-10 of the best and fairest from 12 games this season.

But this transaction might not stop there.

The Saints have pick No. 15 and want to keep it, but could be willing to off-load South Australian onballer Luke Dunstan, and contracted pair Jimmy Webster and Dylan Roberton to help clear some salary cap room and satisfy Adelaide.

It means the Crows could get pick No. 20 as free agency compensation, then separately, secure Dunstan or one of the other two from the Saints on the cheap for a later pick as an added bonus.

St Kilda is open-minded about trading some of its players. Dunstan, who was injured, played only one game this year, while Roberton only managed one and Webster racked up eight.

The Crows have four picks inside the top-25 of this year’s draft including the No. 1 selection.

If they wanted to play hard ball with the Saints, Adelaide could threaten to trade Crouch for Orazio Fantasia, but that seems highly unlikely.

Salary cap room will be important for the Saints as they plan to have another crack at Gold Coast’s Ben King next year.

This is despite the fact Crouch's manager confirmed ON RADIO that not a single Club that was interested in Crouch reduced their offer, or rescinded their offer, when news of his drug indiscretion came out.

This is also despite Websters manager coming out in the last few days and saying there was absolute no talk of his player going to Adelaide at all....

jimmytigs

Team Captain
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
renegades st.kildacc celtic celtics
reading this seems carlisle going nowhere,interesting,aside from that most of the guys we are discussing here as possibly out the door got a mention

Who's in limbo: Ben Paton is on the verge of an extension, Jack Bytel is likely to stay, Jake Carlisle will get a deal and Jack Lonie has a one-year offer but is exploring the market. That leaves seven without contracts – Oscar Clavarino, Nick Hind, Jonathon Marsh, Matthew Parker, Ed Phillips, Sam Alabakis and Shane Savage.

making me sick listening to goddard now,confirming pick 7 as fair for saad,he is totally biased re essendon

Jun 25, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
You won't get a much worse take on the Crouch situation than this from Jay Clark...

CROUCH DEAL

At this stage St Kilda is not prepared to pay Brad Crouch more than $7000,000 to trigger the No. 2 pick the Crows desperately want.

The midfielder was caught by police with an illicit substance at season’s end and demand for his services dropped-off at Geelong, Richmond and Port Adelaide.

An end-of-first round compensation pick would slot in for the Crows about No. 20. It seems about right for a player who finished outside the top-10 of the best and fairest from 12 games this season.

The Saints have pick No. 15 and want to keep it, but could be willing to off-load South Australian onballer Luke Dunstan, and contracted pair Jimmy Webster and Dylan Roberton to help clear some salary cap room and satisfy Adelaide.

It means the Crows could get pick No. 20 as free agency compensation, then separately, secure Dunstan or one of the other two from the Saints on the cheap for a later pick as an added bonus.

St Kilda is open-minded about trading some of its players. Dunstan, who was injured, played only one game this year, while Roberton only managed one and Webster racked up eight.

The Crows have four picks inside the top-25 of this year’s draft including the No. 1 selection.

If they wanted to play hard ball with the Saints, Adelaide could threaten to trade Crouch for Orazio Fantasia, but that seems highly unlikely.

Salary cap room will be important for the Saints as they plan to have another crack at Gold Coast’s Ben King next year.
I dont think we will pay Crouch more so you guys get pick 2. The AFL wouldn't approve of the deal and probably sanction both clubs for tampering.

May 24, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
reading this seems carlisle going nowhere,interesting,aside from that most of the guys we are discussing here as possibly out the door got a mention

Who's in limbo: Ben Paton is on the verge of an extension, Jack Bytel is likely to stay, Jake Carlisle will get a deal and Jack Lonie has a one-year offer but is exploring the market. That leaves seven without contracts – Oscar Clavarino, Nick Hind, Jonathon Marsh, Matthew Parker, Ed Phillips, Sam Alabakis and Shane Savage.

making me sick listening to goddard now,confirming pick 7 as fair for saad,he is totally biased re essendon
It’s really hard to determine Saads value.
Carlton probably don’t wanna be parting with pick 7 for a half back flanker.
but Essendon would value Saad as one of their top 3 players.

imo I think Carlton will have to use pick 7, and I’d assume Essendon will give something back

puppy_dog7

Premiership Player
Jul 29, 2007
AFL Club
St Kilda

CROUCH DEAL

This is despite the fact Crouch's manager confirmed ON RADIO that not a single Club that was interested in Crouch reduced their offer, or rescinded their offer, when news of his drug indiscretion came out.

This is also despite Websters manager coming out in the last few days and saying there was absolute no talk of his player going to Adelaide at all....
I Don’t see much wrong with the article besides the fact he thinks Webster played 8 games

Both Kane and Mitch were confused as to why he offered him 5 years on such high money. (Even tho the contract isn’t confirmed yet)
Adelaide would be silly to match 5 years if Crouch is supposedly happy to stay in SA. I hope we call their bluff and walk away if they force a trade

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
Don't worry guys, I got the PM and will actually share it with you so you don't feel like you're missing out. It confirms what I heard from a friend who is connected with the player's auntie, who is my best friends golf partner.

"Heeney has had a falling out with Sydney. The coach hates him. He is on massive money and so they are looking at a salary dump just to get rid of him quickly. They are trying to keep it under the radar so will quietly get done without media talking about it (probably in the last 30 minutes of the trade period). He is super keen to join his best friends Jones and Hannebery. Supported the club as a child. We are in the box seat. But can go any club. Make of that what you will. Take it to the bank. If I get 25 retweets I will reveal the next player we are targeting."

There were instructions also not to share it on the main trade thread because of so many ungrateful posters, and to try and make people feel left out by vaguely referring to it. I thought this was childish and think it's my duty to bring you the news. Don't shoot the messenger, I only post what I get told.

Please please please PM me.

Please, I need to know what your best friend's golf partner's handicap is.

i am desperate to know, I just retweeted 26 times for you to unlock and reveal.

C'mon man this is so unfair.

WeedsMullet84

Cancelled
Oct 31, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Celtic, Glenelg
I dont think we will pay Crouch more so you guys get pick 2. The AFL wouldn't approve of the deal and probably sanction both clubs for tampering.

I don't think you'll have to pay more at all either. According to Crouch's manager he believes the offer is 'around the mark' for what should constitute Band 1 compensation, but conceded that the AFL had a large amount of 'discretionary' power in determining the actual pick..'

I honestly have no idea what the likely outcome is, but I love seeing BigFooty rumours end up as actual trade scenarios in the media. Nice to know they pop on here from time to time!

jimmytigs

Team Captain
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
renegades st.kildacc celtic celtics
It’s really hard to determine Saads value.
Carlton probably don’t wanna be parting with pick 7 for a half back flanker.
but Essendon would value Saad as one of their top 3 players.

imo I think Carlton will have to use pick 7, and I’d assume Essendon will give something back
yes i see it being more a case of carlton just getting it done because they can,rather than wanting the argument

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda

CROUCH DEAL

All seems reasonable.

We could also trade away pick 15 before signing crouch so Adelaide wouldn't have much choice but to accept the compensation pick
Bellend/Hill all over again :hearteyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back