Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geelong were a way better side. Same with the Hawks.

Richmond are filling a void of a generally ******* s**t quality time for the competition.

Rance was a priority pick fwiw
And their rinsing of GCS, it doesn’t seem such an admirable achievement now.
Still nowhere near the level of the others though, and they’d have been daft NOT to take GCS players.

Last edited:
Richmond have shown to be a very dusty centric team still.

Ports 2004 done it with Primus, Francou, and Stevens.

Buddy left Hawks and they won two more flags.

Geelong lost Ablett and their coach and got another one.

Brisbane probably could have done it too without a star or two but never needed to.

Richmond however, can't see it happening without Martin.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

And their rinsing of GCS, it doesn’t seem such an admirable achievement now.
Still nowhere near the level of the others though, and they’d have been daft NOT to take GCS players.

Richmond had more ‘organic’ draftees in their 2017 team (16 minus Caddy, Grigg, Houli, Nankervis, Prestia, Townsend) than we did in 2004 (13 minus Bishop, Hardwick, Kingsley, Mahoney, Montgomery, Pickett*, Schofield, Wakelin*, Wanganeen*), funnily enough.

Flowers that raise themselves, sounds interesting.

Player celebrates grand final win, oh won't somebody think of the children.

small hint: it's a reference to cocaine, a chemical 22 of those premiership players would be enjoying right now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you won the premiership this year you would have a nagging feeling that it wasn't the same.

I'm glad we didn't see a drought breaking premiership this year for any team as I feel like it would have been a bit of a waste for them and wouldn't do it justice.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you won the premiership this year you would have a nagging feeling that it wasn't the same.

I'm glad we didn't see a drought breaking premiership this year for any team as I feel like it would have been a bit of a waste for them and wouldn't do it justice.
If we won the flag I'd still be drunk and wouldn't GAF what you think.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Richmond I don't think are necessarily that amazing compared to the other dynasty teams... I feel like this era Richmond is Dusty + Hardwick feat...a handful of good players whereas Brisbane, Geelong & Hawthorn had multiple star players.

I think statistically if you look at something like Squiggle its

Geelong era way out in front then Brisbane 2001-4 and Hawthorn 2012-2015 about the same...while stats aren't everything it feels pretty close to me.

Covid cup whocares
Good for history though

I haven't seen one Port game live all year wouldn't of been able to go living in Melbourne, wouldn't feel the same to me.

Sunday's NRL grand final provided a 12 per cent boost in television ratings from last year's decider despite the NRL's showpiece event being pushed back almost a month due to COVID-related disruptions to the season.
An audience of 2.97 million tuned in to Channel Nine for the premiership decider between the Melbourne Storm and Penrith Panthers, a significant increase from the 2.64 million that watched the 2019 grand final between the Sydney Roosters and Canberra Raiders.

The AFL grand final enjoyed a more significant spike in ratings with a national audience of 3.81 million, making Saturday night's Richmond-Geelong game the most watched decider since the Western Bulldogs defeated the Sydney Swans in 2016 (4.12 million national audience).

I reckon Jasper could go okay at the Cats.

If he goes to Adelaide though it will be an unmitigated ****ing disaster. I would wish that on their supporters but I wouldn't wish it on Jasper himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back