Strategy North Melbourne Coaching Changes 2020 & Beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

While somewhat impressive, it doesn't tell the full story. There are more Clarkson disciples who haven't been successful / won the ultimate:
Bolton got the boot
Leon should have got the boot after their poor performance this year and player exodus
Fagan has lost 3 finals at home and only won 1 in 2 years
Rats won 1 final by a couple of points and got beaten comfortably in the other

While somewhat impressive, it doesn't tell the full story. There are more Clarkson disciples who haven't been successful / won the ultimate:
Bolton got the boot
Leon should have got the boot after their poor performance this year and player exodus

Denis disciples ?
Clarkson ✔ 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Hardwicke ✔ North u19's * reserves 🏆🏆🏆
Simpson ✔🏆
Longmire ✔ 🏆
Thompson ✔ 🏆🏆

The media seem to have an interest in us buying a lemon.

I think the multitude of stories they can write about not checking his past coaching efforts is the driving influence for this

I love the references to Ratten being better second time around, what proof is there of this?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No to asking a bloke 2000000 years out of the game to coach.
Look at he's record as a player and coach. 12 years out of the game but I would be rapt if he took charge of North. The bloke is a legend and winner, but unlikely to happen anyway.

Is lethal there..mentally?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Is lethal there..mentally?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Seems to be as sharp as ever in he's interviews. Most people forget that the mind is one of the last things to go.

Whichever way the coaching situation goes I am confident we will have the talent to be contenders in the next few years who ever the coach is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leigh Matthews would be handy

Leigh Matthews would be a good target 68 years old, Craig Ballamy is 61 years old. I have never understood age being a issue regarding coaching. John Kennedy, Norm Smith, Wally Carter, Allan Jeans and Fagan.
Matthews is living a very cruisy life up here in Brisbane. There is no way he’s leaving.

Bolton got the boot
Bolton is a classic assistant type and should never have been given a senior job.
Leon Cameron has only been involved in 2013 flag with Clarko.
Fagan has turned a basket case of a list into a solid top 4 side, years ahead of schedule.
Rats has turned a team that was going nowhere into a strong finals team on the rise in just 1 season.

Neil Mitchell “tip”.....Adam Kingsley

Neil Mitchell “tip”.....Adam Kingsley
Was about to post that - heard it from another source this morning along with Roos in mentoring role. What say you folk?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back