List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Angus Brayshaw is the epitome of doing a trade for the sake of it let’s be brutally honest.

Tidy player no doubt but he would cost more than we would get for trading a Ross out and he’s not going to be the difference maker for us.

agree. would rather ross

To be honest he hasn’t been in the players mentioned to me , the ones mentioned to me are 2 tall
utility types doubt we get both ...and a midfielder hopefully ...

Mihocek? and maybe Mc Kernan?

He had a good run at GC except for injury and Dew was into youth. His best is absolutely top shelf. He literally played games that were better than Gary Ablett when he was at GC. If he got some consistency he could have been a pretty outstanding player. I watched a few GC games where he was ridiculous, looked like a superstar. 40 disposals and scoring goals off a HBF kind of gun. I have been a fan ever since, he hasn't been consistent though so understand why people don't rate him but like Savage I reckon better coaches could have made more of their weapons.

That’s what I was thinking myself. I quite liked him when he was at Gold Coast. The type of player who I could see a change of scenery really working for him.

What everyone is conveniently forgetting is that we MUST use a first round pick this year. Otherwise we can’t trade our first rounder next year which we have big plans for.

Why? We used Pick 4 on King in 2018.

Is not the rule that I think that you are referring to is to use a first round pick at least once in a 4 year period?

2017 = 2 picks used
2018 = 1 used
2019 = 0 used
2020 = ?
2021 = ?
2022 = If 2019, 2020 and 2021 are zero then must use a first round pick (either the one we get, or one we trade in).

Angus Brayshaw is the epitome of doing a trade for the sake of it let’s be brutally honest.

Tidy player no doubt but he would cost more than we would get for trading a Ross out and he’s not going to be the difference maker for us.

Yep, there are transaction costs involved (e.g. need for a so called 'signing bonus' to attract a player / time lost when a new player needs to 'settle in' to the team) which mean that even a slight upgrade (Brayshaw > Ross) isn't worth it in the scheme of things.

That’s what I was thinking myself. I quite liked him when he was at Gold Coast. The type of player who I could see a change of scenery really working for him.

To me he'd cost nothing and is good depth at worst, replace a guy like Dunstan, Jimmy etc with him, you get a guy who can come in and play HBF, mid or forward. He's experienced enough to hit the ground running and his contract wouldn't be too much I imagine. You probably want a few ready to go players for emergency situations if we are planning on playing finals.

My mate just said he heard we've thrown 4x500 at Mihocek??

Anybody seen any tweets or anything to confirm this?

He'd be 31 when that contract ended... sketchy.

Yep, there are transaction costs involved (e.g. need for a so called 'signing bonus' to attract a player / time lost when a new player needs to 'settle in' to the team) which mean that even a slight upgrade (Brayshaw > Ross) isn't worth it in the scheme of things.

Ross will be one of a few players left from 2015 as well. There must be some benefit to continuity and ownership of the club from the players.

If everything becomes to hard just get a young mid in the draft and look at the end of the draft period and see who hasn't got a club,
the worst you may get is McCartin , McCarthy , McKernan who all are de-listed even a Hogan will most probably be given away for nothing and Hooker at the Bombers can't get a game in there current team - then there are still the local state leagues.

We need Crouch , but apart from that we just need injury replacements.

If we lose Carlisle , Dunstan , Lonie , Webster we must get the most out of there trades.

Why? We used Pick 4 on King in 2018.

Is not the rule that I think that you are referring to is to use a first round pick at least once in a 4 year period?

2017 = 2 picks used
2018 = 1 used
2019 = 0 used
2020 = ?
2021 = ?
2022 = If 2019, 2020 and 2021 are zero then must use a first round pick (either the one we get, or one we trade in).
I thought it was two in four years but might be wrong.

I really like Mihocek... he's a bit old fashioned but has great hands, works his arse off & has experience at both ends of the ground. There's definitely been murmurs of our interest for a few weeks now. The Pies cap squeeze is going to push a couple of decent players out.

31 is a baby these days. He also started full time footy late after being a part timer while in the VFL.

I ran into a guy who I used to know on the weekend who follows the Pies and is related to an ex Collingwood player, don't know I he actually has any inside info by the way. I only chatted for a second but he said "you guys have been sniffing around Mihocek" and said he'd be a good fit, I'd already seen talk on here and said I think we wanted him as a back man and he thought we'd be stupid to play him there, said he's much better forward. I asked about Treloar and he said he thought he was a bad fit for us because of Crouch but didn't deny it either. We were both trying not to look like Covid pariahs but I would have liked to grill him a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Aaron Hall will light up the VFL next year if it's running… he'll be 30 in a few weeks so it would be a waste of a list spot for us and he's probably on 3-400K.

Nope.

One out of 2 out bad ........McKernan wasn’t mentioned someone out West was

Ryan Gardiner? I can't think who we'd want from the kennel. They lack quality talls. Jackson Trengrove? None get me to excited.

One out of 2 out bad ........McKernan wasn’t mentioned someone out West was

Not asking you to betray trust and divulge what you aren't at liberty to tell, but on a scale of guppy to megalodon how big a fish are we looking at?

Also, Mihocek sort of ties in with Gaggs comments this morning about being able to play a smaller (193cm) key back. Maybe he was talking about Mihocek back or Battle goes back permanently.

Oh yeah, that west, I was thinking too close to home. I forgot about Brander. Is he actually any good? I haven't seen enough to rate him. I think he was playing wing like a s**t Josh Battle the only game I noticed him in. he was a pretty high pick from memory.

He's not worth pick 2 but he's worth more than pick 20 so tell me why they don't match and force a trade? No way the saints don't trade for him. You don't commit to a player and then let him down. No one would ever want to go to the saints after that. The saints would have known the whole way that if we don't offer enough money, there is a chance the crows will match so I'm sure they are talking through their options.
Haha seriously you guys ghosted Butler last year for starters.

Let’s talk Saad are you going to pay that idiots asking price for him, of course you aren’t so worry about how you get that deal done.

To me he'd cost nothing and is good depth at worst, replace a guy like Dunstan, Jimmy etc with him, you get a guy who can come in and play HBF, mid or forward. He's experienced enough to hit the ground running and his contract wouldn't be too much I imagine. You probably want a few ready to go players for emergency situations if we are planning on playing finals.
spoke to his old man a few months before he got traded to North (he patrols the streets of Hobart writing parking tickets and will talk the leg of a chair). Not sure of the final contract he signed, but at the time Dale said he was offered really big money by North.

Narkle would provide a bit of a difference to our current group.
Think you and Gags may be on the same page 🤔

4Z1rUke.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back