Game Day All things 2020 GF

Remove this Banner Ad

Danger doesn't bother me as much as he does some on this board, but I'm genuinely surprised he got off at the MRP.
He punched the ball and then chose to drive his elbow into Vlaustin's chin. He could have left his arm out, coat hangered him and done less damage.

Joke of a decision.

Personally I think a lot of that incident can be laid on the death of the bump. If players were comfortable bumping to absorb contact then that is how Vlaustin would probably have approached that collision.

But getting off Scott free. Ask yourself this:

Would Jack?

Richmond well and truly the better team with a better team brand than Geelong. Deserved winners. But can you think of a great team that has been better blessed with a lack of injury?

A better team brand? WTF does that even mean? Look I'm not blaming you, you're just repeating s**t you've heard in the media, but * me if that isn't the most inane and nonsensical turn of phrase that has entered the football lexicon over the past few years. Maybe only topped by "versing".

but fu** me if that isn't the most inane and nonsensical turn of phrase that has entered the football lexicon over the past few years. Maybe only topped by "versing".

I've got a few.

"playing the quartback role"

"fisted the footy away"

"took a fantastic catch"

Does Channel 7 even have a HD channel ? i have a Smart tv, National Broadband WiFi, Satellite dish for Foxtel IQ4, Channels 2, 9, 9 Gem, 10, SBS all available, but no Channel 7, have rescanned numerous times but nada, last nights telecast in SD complete with ad breaks for every goal was hard to watch.

Do you have a connection to a standard aerial? If you're using Foxtel as a set-top box then you need to connect the two.

I remember when Shai Bolton was a getable fringe player with heaps of talent and a want to play more senior football. Look how good he's become. As a club I don't think we can pass on players of his calibre anymore just because they may cost a draft pick etc.

Honestly... Throwing shitloads at Dustin Martin was not a bad idea at all.

The rest of it was crap but that wasn't. He will go down as one of the all time greats.

Sure.

For one guy.

When it became our default recruiting strategy was the issue.

An issue managers took advantage of and now Ben Brown is collateral damage in the rectification of.

A better team brand? WTF does that even mean? Look I'm not blaming you, you're just repeating sh*t you've heard in the media, but fu** me if that isn't the most inane and nonsensical turn of phrase that has entered the football lexicon over the past few years. Maybe only topped by "versing".

Team brand of football. They do. They play like a team more than any other club in the league. Part of this is that they have a well-drilled, experienced list peppered with a few out and out stars. All their players play a role that fits into the game plan. Especially those that have limitations. They can play with confidence knowing that they can surge forward and there will most likely be someone reliable teammate who will be there to link up the play. Or if they kick to a forward, they will make a contest and bring it to ground and there will be hard-working crumbers who will be able to strike.

Take your tin foil hat off. I don't read Melbourne newspapers or watch the football shows. Its based off of what I see. If you can't see that Richmond currently have the best team-based play style than you mustn't watch many games.

Team brand of football. They do.

Take your tin foil hat off. I don't read Melbourne newspapers or watch the football shows. Its based off of what I see. If you can't see that Richmond currently have the best team-based play style than you mustn't watch many games.

Hardest working group (on field at least) of footballers in the league clearly.

Team brand of football. They do. They play like a team more than any other club in the league. Part of this is that they have a well-drilled, experienced list peppered with a few out and out stars. All their players play a role that fits into the game plan. Especially those that have limitations. They can play with confidence knowing that they can surge forward and there will most likely be someone reliable teammate who will be there to link up the play. Or if they kick to a forward, they will make a contest and bring it to ground and there will be hard-working crumbers who will be able to strike.

You pretty much proved my point in your last paragraph. Suddenly you revert to "style" instead of "brand" which was the non-sensical media driven bullshit I was referring to. If you picked up the term through osmosis, then I apologise. But I suspect you got it through the media, didn't you?

You pretty much proved my point in your last paragraph. Suddenly you revert to "style" instead of "brand" which was the non-sensical media driven bullshit I was referring to. If you picked up the term through osmosis, then I apologise. But I suspect you got it through the media, didn't you?

All good. I think just a case of semantics really. Wasn't trying to use any terminology, just describe what I see. No, just based on what I see. I can't stand hearing the television commentators (no pay tv) so I watch the game on mute or with the radio on, who generally don't have time to do anything but call it as they see it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He punched the ball and then chose to drive his elbow into Vlaustin's chin. He could have left his arm out, coat hangered him and done less damage.
:100:

Clearly two actions. Reminded me of jess sinclair on lance picioane. Only difference is Jess Sinclair got 5 weeks and is far better looking.

A better team brand? WTF does that even mean? Look I'm not blaming you, you're just repeating sh*t you've heard in the media, but fu** me if that isn't the most inane and nonsensical turn of phrase that has entered the football lexicon over the past few years. Maybe only topped by "versing".
It's not just footy man.

Marketing saturates everything and turns it to pus.

Punched the ball, dropped his arm, re raised his arm, collects opposition player in jaw, knocking him clean out.

Protected species.
I am absolutely shocked by the lack of outrage by the AFL community that haven't yet requested an appeal to this decision. I am expecting in the next few days, with the help from some of Australia's best QC's, an appeal to be submitted to have Richmond's Nick Vlastuin rubbed out for 8 weeks, because he tried to injure Patrick Dangerflog's elbow.

If he had time to move his fist back to his chest to create the leading elbow he had time to move his elbow to his side. Jack would have been hung drawn and quartered not only by the media but by the minimum 6 weeks suspension they would have stitched him up with.

We should be applauding the best players in the league but instead I find myself despising them because of how the league and the umpires favour them.

If he had time to move his fist back to his chest to create the leading elbow he had time to move his elbow to his side. Jack would have been hung drawn and quartered not only by the media but by the minimum 6 weeks suspension they would have stitched him up with.

We should be applauding the best players in the league but instead I find myself despising them because of how the league and the umpires favour them.

I hate to say it, but if SpiderBurton22 can quote his amazeballs GF outcome prediction then I can claim to have predicted this outcome too...

Turn it up Spider. Dangers is one of the all time greatest ever players in the history of the VFL/AFL. He is immune.

=============================

Danger doesn't bother me as much as he does some on this board, but I'm genuinely surprised he got off at the MRP.
Punched the ball, dropped his arm, re raised his arm, collects opposition player in jaw, knocking him clean out.

Protected species.

Joke of a decision.

Personally I think a lot of that incident can be laid on the death of the bump. If players were comfortable bumping to absorb contact then that is how Vlaustin would probably have approached that collision.

But getting off Scott free. Ask yourself this:

Would Jack?
How the far canal did Danger get off knocking Vlaustin out cold? Definite second movement in my mind.
:100:

Clearly two actions. Reminded me of jess sinclair on lance picioane. Only difference is Jess Sinclair got 5 weeks and is far better looking.
I am absolutely shocked by the lack of outrage by the AFL community that haven't yet requested an appeal to this decision. I am expecting in the next few days, with the help from some of Australia's best QC's, an appeal to be submitted to have Richmond's Nick Vlastuin rubbed out for 8 weeks, because he tried to injure Patrick Dangerflog's elbow.

Actually, did anybody doubt the MRP outcome for even a minute. It is the AFL after all.

The *er is immune.

And he has overtaken Guthrie as the greasiest looking player in the AFL. Hasn't he heard of shampoo?

Dangerfield was always going to get away with that. It was definitely intentional but they've made it almost impossible on players now. In days gone by Dangerfield would have rotated his body to protect himself and delivered an almighty bump at the same time while Vlastuin would have been trying to protect himself and do the same thing - unfortunately 15 years of teaching players to leave themselves open to win frees and not be seen as bumping and wearing the consequences if it goes the tiniest bit wrong leads to this kind of action. There's no free lunch. Players being taught that they can run at the ball and leave themselves completely open will lead to these results.

Not saying it is easy but the minute they started penalising players that protected themselves with their bodies this was the kind of result that would inevitably come around every now and again.

Dangerfield was always going to get away with that. It was definitely intentional but they've made it almost impossible on players now. In days gone by Dangerfield would have rotated his body to protect himself and delivered an almighty bump at the same time while Vlastuin would have been trying to protect himself and do the same thing - unfortunately 15 years of teaching players to leave themselves open to win frees and not be seen as bumping and wearing the consequences if it goes the tiniest bit wrong leads to this kind of action. There's no free lunch. Players being taught that they can run at the ball and leave themselves completely open will lead to these results.

Not saying it is easy but the minute they started penalising players that protected themselves with their bodies this was the kind of result that would inevitably come around every now and again.
100% on the money shinte.

I personally had no surprise with Dangerfield getting off.

Ever since Ablett literally left the ground and elbowed Goldstein 60m off the ball - and was not suspended - I realised the system is entirely biased not even worth thinking about.

Complete waste of time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back