List Mgmt. Delistings post 2020 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cull has begun.

Quote:
"THE list cull at Geelong has commenced, with rookie big man Blake Schlensog delisted.

The 20-year-old Category B rookie has taken to social media to confirm he has been let go.

“What a journey it’s been playing footy @geelongcats,” Schlensog wrote on Instagram".

http://www.krockfootball.com.au/geelong-cats-news/cats-cut-schlensog/

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Swift end for Kennerley. Appeared was on the verge via the communications from the club last year but no where near it this year.

Tarca is going to be an interesting one. From the limited VFL I saw last year I liked him the most of the 2018 draftees. Doesn't exactly have a big body of work behind him though. Safe from the first round of cuts at least.

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Swift end for Kennerley. Appeared was on the verge via the communications from the club last year but no where near it this year.

Tarca is going to be an interesting one. From the limited VFL I saw last year I liked him the most of the 2018 draftees. Doesn't exactly have a big body of work behind him though. Safe from the first round of cuts at least.
I think Tarca being in the hub/full time professional environment it helped him massively
From reports he was doing well in the scratch matches

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong

Start of the year he was being talked up as the most likley...I wonder if he will get another chance one all disruption disappears

Parsons' finest moment?

1603701758767.png

Fort out of contract - he’ll be next. The fact they went with ratagolea in the ruck over him at the end of the year said it all. Mature age who isn’t quite good enough.

Wasn't he injured most the season?

Jun 5, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Parsons' finest moment?

View attachment 995854
He was OK. I know you're not doing it but no need to kick a bloke on the way out. These guys give what they can give, some more than others and who are we to know what else is going on that we can't see.

Would be interesting if De Goey was on the radar. If it was up to me I wouldn't go near him for a moment.

xame back in the last month or so, played scratchies just wasn’t considered over Rat as our first ruckman. Tells you all you need to know I reckon. More exit meetings tomorrow, expect more delisting then.

Based on when Fort returned to the scratch matches, it's probably only the Sydney match you could suggest he was overlooked for
- he's first scratch match was September 7 (so day after Bombers match)

- second scratch match was September 12 which was the day after the Richmond match. Highly unlikely that a player returning from a foot stress fracture would be rushed back into the seniors after 1 scratch match & off a 4 day break

- he's 3rd scratch match was like September 21 so the day after we played the Swans. While it would have been nice to see him that match if we had any doubts over Stanley's availablity for the finals, maybe the club wanted to see if Ratugolea could continue on his from his 4th quarter against Richmond

Then Stanley returned for the finals

Play it Sam

Cupcakes are muffins who believed in miracles
Jun 25, 2013
Medicoland
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Replayaholics
I guess we won’t know the final cullings until the afl announces what the list sizes will be. Pretty piss poor that the clubs are still waiting for a decision. Especially with trade week getting close now. What’s the hold up ffs.

Two weeks ago on KRock, Cookie said most likely there will be 38 places. (is that -6 from last season?)
He said so sorry to see a lot of good people go overall (one of those my nephew)
Also because members stuck with the Club our financial loss not so dire, but still loss.
The Club is sure to have been given an idea from the AFL to assist planning so don't think
they're awaiting a decision. They just don't tell us until the cut comes.

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Two weeks ago on KRock, Cookie said most likely there will be 38 places. (is that -6 from last season?)
He said so sorry to see a lot of good people go overall (one of those my nephew)
Also because members stuck with the Club our financial loss not so dire, but still loss.
The Club is sure to have been given an idea from the AFL to assist planning so don't think
they're awaiting a decision. They just don't tell us until the cut comes.
McLachlan said live on Saturday they are still negotiating final nos. with the AFLPA, and that negotiations were going very slowly.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
2 senior listed players delisted
I senior listed player retired.
1 Cat "B: rookie delisted as of 26/10/20

Cameron, Higgins and 3 picks in draft coming in ... so 5 ins min. More if we bring in a Smith or anyone else.

At least 2 spot less... 7 or 8 spots.

So if we assume NC lands in Bris. We probably need another 3 or 4 names of the listed players?

Taylor, Brownless, Narkle, Tarca..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back