Coach North Coach - poll (David Noble appointed)

Next coach of Kangaroos

• Michal Voss

Votes: 59 27.8%
  • Jarrad Schofield

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Mark 'Chocco' Williams

Votes: 22 10.4%
  • Paul Roos

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Matthew Knights

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • Ross Lyon

Votes: 32 15.1%
  • Other

Votes: 37 17.5%
  • Sam Mitchell

Votes: 11 5.2%

• Total voters
I'm definitely asking the question of Clarkson first.

Assuming he says no....tricky one. I wouldn't want that to be my first job given the situation. If I think there's a better offer lying around in the near future I'm waiting for that.

Lyon would be a mistake given the sort of sides he's lead. Roos seems past it and seems to piss off a number of fans so I think I'd avoid unless absolutely desperate. I'd talk to Choco but there has to be a reason why he can't get a top-level job anymore.

I think Voss would probably be the best of both worlds, but I'd want a big contract if I were him.

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think it should and will be Adam Kingsley. Long term assistant at 3 different clubs. Has Richmond knowledge so is at the peak of the game.

The North gig won't be easy but it's also a full rebuild with minimal expectations early. I don't think it's the right job for Ross or any other tried coach, it's a job for a new coach to develop players the right way and build a side over time.

Rickee

All Australian
May 23, 2016
Horsham, Victoria
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Port Melbourne; Kalkee; Horsham Demons
As with any time a coaching position is vacant, Gary Ayres name has been brought up. Word is he's about to sign a new contract with Port Melbourne, who'd be gutted to lose him after 12 seasons and 2 Flags.

Dangerousfield

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Will there be any takers? John Blakey lured from the Swans, the new coach has to want him as a senior assistant. Seems to be a lot wrong at North other than a bottom 2 list.

Top 10 draftees would be worried more than normal that their name could be called by North.

First time coaches will find the gig too daunting needing to stand up to the admin. Voss or Knights been there before and still young enough, Lyon probably now past it but knows how to handle to strong non footy personalities, Ross probably got too much money to be bothered with the sh*t.

I'm thinking there'll be no applicants.

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Should introduce a rule stating teams can only be coached by coaches who have similar names to the team. So obviously that leaves Paul Roos with the Kangaroos, though I think it limits the Swans coaches to Dane Swan and Sydney Stack, which would be, um, interesting.
Malthouse and Beveridge would get the job at all 18 clubs.

Simpson the Perth Donkeys
Ross Lyon the Lions

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Im thinking Kingsley, Voss and Schofield the only realistic and viable options.

Mitchell way too young and inexperienced. No chance.

Roos, Lyon, Choco, Ayres etc all passed it.
I know your posting history.

You dislike Ross Lyon. Yet you are sadistic enough to want him coach again.

People dislike Ross Lyon. Yet some people want him to coach again just for the sake of Pi**ing of random posters and want to see the whole world burn around them! lol

Some people on here dislike Ross Lyon to the point he is the Ivan Milat of the AFL.

Let Rossy Milat coach again lol

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
yep

Polec is a starter in every clubs 22. Sit down with him and make it work!
nah f#%}> that trade him to eagles for experienced wingman and premiership hero chris masten

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Will there be any takers? John Blakey lured from the Swans, the new coach has to want him as a senior assistant. Seems to be a lot wrong at North other than a bottom 2 list.

Top 10 draftees would be worried more than normal that their name could be called by North.

First time coaches will find the gig too daunting needing to stand up to the admin. Voss or Knights been there before and still young enough, Lyon probably now past it but knows how to handle to strong non footy personalities, Ross probably got too much money to be bothered with the sh*t.

I'm thinking there'll be no applicants.

Voss is the only one stupid enough to take the gig who isn't a newbie coach just taking the opp because they might never get another one.

Lyon has ruled himself out - doesn't think they have the resources to succeed apparently.

Jul 28, 2012
Melbourne, the lost City.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
QPR, Buffalo Bills
Lyon, Williams or Voss...They need someone who has done this before and they need to be supported 100% with carte blanche for at least the first two years! North is in crisis and in danger of relocation which means they're off to "Tassie" and that also means club history, name and colours is sacrificed. The alternative is closure! This is not the time for a first-time coach!!!

Back