Racing October Daily Punt - *Derby Day to finish us off *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's kind of fortunate Free Flying Star didn't win the 6th at Echuca today otherwise it would have been slightly marred for connections with Terry Bailey constantly calling it Flying Free Star throughout the race.

Might seem picky but this is a too-regular occurrence from TB - names being said incorrectly.

It's kind of fortunate Free Flying Star didn't win the 6th at Echuca today otherwise it would have been slightly marred for connections with Terry Bailey constantly calling it Flying Free Star throughout the race.

Might seem picky but this is a too-regular occurrence from TB - names being said incorrectly.

I'm on same colors in the next - surely a bad omen :(

Only if TB identifies them correctly in the first place.
The absolute worst was when a horse called Bassett was running around and in one race he called if Freddie for the whole race on purpose. It took me til after the race to work out which horse it was. Can only imagine how livid the connections would have been. I think Hilton got sacked for less. He is an out and out dickwad

The absolute worst was when a horse called Bassett was running around and in one race he called if Freddie for the whole race on purpose. It took me til after the race to work out which horse it was. Can only imagine how livid the connections would have been. I think Hilton got sacked for less. He is an out and out dickwad

Can you say you've never had success with horse ownership if TB doesn't call your horse incorrectly

you want to watch the replay when Freddie wins?
My comment was part tongue in cheek. Giving a horse a nickname during the race is poor. Particularly if you were only listening to it.

The hot mic on Sky 2 caught TB unleashing but it seems to have been missed by most

Had a decent go at AQ e/w in the Makinnon. Nearly ate mud halfway through the Plate, ground never suited her and still finished off nicely for 5th. Weather forecast has them racing on a good track Saturday week, and when MB is second elect pretty confident at least getting a small profit on her running a drum. Armory is a deserved favourite, but 7s is well over the odds imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a decent go at AQ e/w in the Makinnon. Nearly ate mud halfway through the Plate, ground never suited her and still finished off nicely for 5th. Weather forecast has them racing on a good track Saturday week, and when MB is second elect pretty confident at least getting a small profit on her running a drum. Armory is a deserved favourite, but 7s is well over the odds imo.

$7s does look decent overs with MB second fave and then Homesman 4th fave- take out Armoury and she would jump close to a 6/4 shot and as you say could produce lengths better dry.

Hit the Shot at 7s, as good a Derby trial as there was from an ordinary bunch. Interesting to note the trainer not going here with Khoekhoe. Hoping that’s a bit of a pointer.

Hit the Shot at 7s, as good a Derby trial as there was from an ordinary bunch. Interesting to note the trainer not going here with Khoekhoe. Hoping that’s a bit of a pointer.

I think it's more because they think KhoeKhoe won't stay rather than that Hit The Shot is a huge chance

Sure you might get twice the price but can’t see anyway she beats home Armory whatever the track condition.

Sure but Armory could be dead by then the way the lads horses are going.

Read article yesterday saying Hit The Shot is most exciting horse in the stable to assume they rate higher than Khoekhoe.

Read article yesterday saying Hit The Shot is most exciting horse in the stable to assume they rate higher than Khoekhoe.
At the very least I won’t have to try and spell Kwaykway any more. YW the X factor I suppose but way too short for mine, don’t think Cherry Tortoni will get a solid 2500 and the others from Caulfield look like plodders to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back