Putting it out there: Who was this years Bob Murphy Medalist?

Who will be the inaugural Bob Murphy Medalist

• Daniel Rioli

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Daniel Rioli

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Someone else?

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
Wasn't exactly what I was thinking Des, at least he had a long career, but definitely the right idea, carried to a win in a great side never to feature near a grand final again.
Richard Hadley could’ve been another one. 2 grand finals by his 27th game and he only made it to 66 games.. Mind you injuries killed his career

Pistol Night

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Richard Hadley could’ve been another one. 2 grand finals by his 27th game and he only made it to 66 games.. Mind you injuries killed his career
Good cricketer though

Nov 2, 2014
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
#TeamTurboChooks
7907296-3x2-xlarge.jpg

So who was this years biggest passenger?

Daniel Rioli comes to mind

jsdsgn

Club Legend
Oct 29, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Lakers
trent west

Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
Were all getting stuck into the lower level, lower paid players, should the award be named after highly paid superstars who talk the talk but cant walk the walk for their team on big occasions, I'm thinking Dangerfield?

Last years Prelim 2 kicks after half time
This years GF 7 kicks, 1 mark 3 tackles

His stats were similar to both Rohan and Rioli but we at Richmond know that at least Rioli does the one percenters.

Dusty brushed Danger off in the last moments of the game like he was a lady reporter in a Chinese restaurant.
I can't buy the Dangerfield nomination. A player needs to have been expected to perform to be eligible.

Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That picture never gets old.

I wonder whether Bob looks back on that day and regrets making the celebrations of the first Doggies' flag in 60 years all about "Me... ME... ME!!!"

It would've been okay if they'd celebrated another couple of flags since then, but you just know that Tearful Bob will be the abiding image of the Doggies' only premiership in 100 years.

John Elliott was bang on the money when he once infamously described the Bulldogs as a "tragic club"

Even the greatest moment in club history was a tragedy.

Last edited:
Back