How did you stumble upon Bigfooty?

Something happened with Carey in March 2002 iirc

Yeah, I was talking to a mate who happened to post here and everything he was saying had originated from BF. “Check it out” he added, so I lurked for awhile and eventually saw something posted which I knew was utter bulltish and hence felt the urge to sign up and respond. Did similar with The Searching Kangaroo (run by Thewlis Dish) at the time.

Yada yada yada my family became strangers to me!

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Yeah, I was talking to a mate who happened to post here and everything he was saying had originated from BF. “Check it out” he added, so I lurked for awhile and eventually saw something posted which I knew was utter bulltish and hence felt the urge to sign up and respond. Did similar with The Searching Kangaroo (run by Thewlis Dish) at the time.

Yada yada yada my family became strangers to me!

Well actually Orange Peanut suggested I come here and mourn

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
Not interesting, but back in 2000 I found the old NMFC fans board (can't remember the name of it now) through a friend who had heard of it but wasn't a regular - and in early 2001 a bunch of us moved over here (Rose, Shinboners, who else?). It was better managed and easier to use than the old one, still a pretty small group here until early 2002 when this board exploded in the light of the Carey/Stevo/Arch events.
Dark, Rooboy 96 were all around that time.

I came in exactly a week after you HTH.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Not interesting, but back in 2000 I found the old NMFC fans board (can't remember the name of it now) through a friend who had heard of it but wasn't a regular - and in early 2001 a bunch of us moved over here (Rose, Shinboners, who else?). It was better managed and easier to use than the old one, still a pretty small group here until early 2002 when this board exploded in the light of the Carey/Stevo/Arch events.
Yeh the Nmfc one was where Orange Peanut and I would go. I can’t remember what my name was there. Then it just closed. It had that mad Sooze or Susie there. I think we even used Dial up modems then? Maybe not. Idk 😐 Long time ago 2000/01

Apr 3, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Dark, Rooboy 96 were all around that time.

I came in exactly a week after you HTH.

When I stumbled across BigFooty.com was just after I caused Nik’s Collingwood Board to block my whole work organisation, and I was bored and wanted somewhere new, back than there wasn’t many of us and no team boards, I think Shinboners was the only other North person and we use to hang sh*t on Sandie and some w***er by the name of Dan24 from Essendon. And if any Swans fans spoke sh*t we just reminded them of Longers an Carey for $60k.
They were the days

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

NMFC49

Team Captain
Oct 24, 2017
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just stumbled on BF about 2 years ago. Great to interact with our North community. That's what makes us special, North people are a community, while other clubs consist of fans. BTW, there is some very funny humour on our threads and that makes me happy. The North family is something special.

Here you go Gasometer King Corey

Apr 3, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just stumbled on BF about 2 years ago. Great to interact with our North community. That's what makes us special, North people are a community, while other clubs consist of fans. BTW, there is some very funny humour on our threads and that makes me happy. The North family is something special.

So you like dick jokes?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 24, 2011
Greek Islands
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'd heard about it from friends etc but I've never been the type to engage in social media as I find it very intrusive. I'm generally a private person. BF is the only social media site I us. I love the footy and our club. I joined up around 10 years ago after a game against Richmond when the umpires completely screwed us; Dusty/Tigers got a couple of 'fingernails in the back' that resulted in cheap goals. They won by a goal or so. Shocking umpiring. I was so angry and frustrated I joined up to basically vent my anger. I do enjoy the banter and different points of view but generally see BF as a bit of light relief.

Bugger me sideways if I can remember. Was probably just before the Roosistence gig as that was kinda like a meet and greet with beer and loud music.

Instincts

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My mate who goes for the Dogs told me about it, didn't have a look at this site until a month or two later, I started posting probably a year later maybe.

Scottroo

Premiership Player
Mar 15, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Joined after school in 2002. There was a period where everyone here thought I was Scott McMahon. Was amusing

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Joined after school in 2002. There was a period where everyone here thought I was Scott McMahon. Was amusing

You mean, you're not?

I joined so Dean Laidley could see in real time my disgust at the game plan of Spud Firrito holding the ball above his head in the back pocket while the opposition set up their defence. He wasn't answering the letters I posted every Monday on how he should approach team selection and action had to be taken.

Back