State of Origin 2020 State Of Origin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Reading that Qld squad is like that part in the 12th man where "Richie" starts laughing half way through reading out the New Zealand team. "Haha, oh I'm sorry, what a shithouse looking line up it is."

Reading that Qld squad is like that part in the 12th man where "Richie" starts laughing half way through reading out the New Zealand team. "Haha, oh I'm sorry, what a shithouse looking line up it is."
The difference in depth is ridiculous. NSW have a choice of Tedesco, Papenhauyzen and Gutherson at FB, and Tom Trbojovic isn't even named.

QLD have got Holmes as first choice FB? He missed half the season...

The difference in depth is ridiculous. NSW have a choice of Tedesco, Papenhauyzen and Gutherson at FB, and Tom Trbojovic isn't even named.

QLD have got Holmes as first choice FB? He missed half the season...

Holmes is suspended game 1. AJ Brimson will be our fullback anyway.

Very annoyed with the nrl & ticketek. This is how it panned out for me today: at 1:16pm (SA time), I got an email with bad news (refund) given Adelaide Oval will only allow 25k in (still the sa gov are being overzealous). Yet at 3:44pm, I got another email about tickets to the SOO being on sale. Given my ticket was GA (one of the cheaper tickets), I bet this is just some pathetic cash grab by the nrl, I refuse to buy the more expensive tickets. Anyone else here had the same (bad) experience?

I honestly hope this backfires on the league!!!

Very annoyed with the nrl & ticketek. This is how it panned out for me today: at 1:16pm (SA time), I got an email with bad news (refund) given Adelaide Oval will only allow 25k in (still the sa gov are being overzealous). Yet at 3:44pm, I got another email about tickets to the SOO being on sale. Given my ticket was GA (one of the cheaper tickets), I bet this is just some pathetic cash grab by the nrl, I refuse to buy the more expensive tickets. Anyone else here had the same (bad) experience?

I honestly hope this backfires on the league!!!
Really sorry to hear that. Was hoping Adelaide was going to have a wonderful experience like here in Perth last year.

That's really poor form and even more so from the NRL to scalp a non-league state where you're trying to establish a presence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really sorry to hear that. Was hoping Adelaide was going to have a wonderful experience like here in Perth last year.

That's really poor form and even more so from the NRL to scalp a non-league state where you're trying to establish a presence.

I guess they probably didn't expect a hard cap of 25,000 that's thrown everything out. It's a shame though, surely some goodwill should occur though.

Unless Morrison can convince PVL otherwise, there will be no national anthem this year

Unless Morrison can convince PVL otherwise, there will be no national anthem this year

Good. Means the game starts 5 minutes earlier rather than wasting more time...it already starts 15 minutes late every single year.

And in one if the quickest backflips ever seen, even quicker than Victoria and the Cox Plate crowds, the anthem is back on

Admittedly, I am a Queensland supporter, but this has a 95 sort of smell about this year. Wouldn't be surprised if it is closer than people think.

Admittedly, I am a Queensland supporter, but this has a 95 sort of smell about this year. Wouldn't be surprised if it is closer than people think.
I think either 2-1 NSW or 3-0 NSW

Tonights match reckon Blues get up by 8-12. I also support QLD in Origin but compare the backs 1-7. It's a class above for the Blues.

I think either 2-1 NSW or 3-0 NSW

Tonights match reckon Blues get up by 8-12. I also support QLD in Origin but compare the backs 1-7. It's a class above for the Blues.
Don't disagree with any of that. We often play our best in this sort of situation ala 95. Just saying. I reckon there are a couple of youngsters that might really stand up as well. Can you explain to me how Coen Hess and Ben Hunt are playing?

Don't disagree with any of that. We often play our best in this sort of situation ala 95. Just saying. I reckon there are a couple of youngsters that might really stand up as well. Can you explain to me how Coen Hess and Ben Hunt are playing?
I think it's an obvious changing of the guard and QLD are trying out some new players. They seem to want to persist with Hunt, which I have no idea why. Having watched him this year, he is a player that struggles when moved position to position and when he's unsettled. That's exactly what Origin is, players having to adjust and play slightly different roles in a lot of cases, so I don't think he's suited for it at this point in time.

I'm dissapointed a lot of QLD's potential guns that would have made it closer are either injured/suspended/not avaialable/not playing/not selected.
Ponga, David Fifita, Holmes, Morgan, Cam Smith, Harry Grant, when the side lacks the depth of their opposition, these guys in the side could have helped. Doesn't help that Corey Oates who used to be a gun had such a down 2020 season.

Thankfully NSW are missing Tommy Turbo and Papenhauyzen, but such is their ridiculous depth at FB that it won't matter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back