How did you stumble upon Bigfooty?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not interesting, but back in 2000 I found the old NMFC fans board (can't remember the name of it now) through a friend who had heard of it but wasn't a regular - and in early 2001 a bunch of us moved over here (Rose, Shinboners, who else?). It was better managed and easier to use than the old one, still a pretty small group here until early 2002 when this board exploded in the light of the Carey/Stevo/Arch events.

Very similar. I was on another NMFC fan site and volunteering at North in their membership dept. A woman employee there, put me onto BigFooty.

Some guy named Teffy called me on my phone asking me if I was using Big footy back in about 2001, I went onto altavista to searched for it, the format was terrible but I started reading and then signed on in 2009 which would have been around the time Laidley was finishing up.

I have a feeling that telemarketing blitz is the reason there are so many North Melbourne users on this board. Still have no idea who that Teffy bloke was though.

Was trying to look up info on North’s membership numbers once upon a time and found bigfooty threads on memberships.

Here you go Gasometer King Corey

Thanks for the memories gr. Those were the days. Urmoe seeing Bigeasy’s wife, Jozeph (RIP), Gabbie (where for art thou?).

www.roos.com.au was the place to be. ...

Sure was! ;) Here's a snapshot of the old skool roos.com.au from the Wayback Machine.
Starved for Roos news/chat in WA, I've been hangin around here ever since its demise 🦘

Not interesting, but back in 2000 I found the old NMFC fans board (can't remember the name of it now) through a friend who had heard of it but wasn't a regular - and in early 2001 a bunch of us moved over here (Rose, Shinboners, who else?). ...

Quite a few old names listed here, including the legendary Lidge RIP

Dude your name was literally Gasometer
:D True, as seen here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd recently relocated to Melbourne in 2007 and as the push to move North was on I found this place and it's been home ever since.

I was thrown into the hurly burly of the Roosistence and have never looked back.

I was looking for a place that I could talk about Ed Lower without drawing too much attention to myself.

Not sure it worked.

I joined the Gasometer wing/Searching kangaroo forum 15 odd years ago. I had a hiatus from that for a bit, went to return but it was no longer. I assume most of that lot jumped over here like I have.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Similar for me.. I ran a fan site in the 90s, and remember there was a "webring" that allowed all the fansites to be linked. One of them mentioned BF and fast forward 18 years and we haven't had a premiership to celebrate together yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back