Who should replace Michael O’Brien as Victorian Liberal leader?

Who should replace Michael O’Brien as Victorian Liberal leader?

• Peta Credlin

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Peter Costello

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Matthew Guy

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Tim Smith

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Jeff Kennett

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Inanimate Carbon Rod

Votes: 28 42.4%

• Total voters
Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Peta Credlin failed as PM, why would we want her as premier?

Uhhmmm when was she PM?

Has never been an MP to my knowledge so why would she be leader.

As to the OP hard to know. They have next to no profile. Fiona Patton has more recognition and profile than any Libs. Tim Smith I guess could be a contender but it shows the shocking state they are in. They have no clear cut policy and have been non existent through the whole s**t show this state has become. Sure rally round the leader in a crisis but they have barely uttered anything in 7 months.

Uhhmmm when was she PM?

Has never been an MP to my knowledge so why would she be leader.

As to the OP hard to know. They have next to no profile. Fiona Patton has more recognition and profile than any Libs. Tim Smith I guess could be a contender but it shows the shocking state they are in. They have no clear cut policy and have been non existent through the whole sh*t show this state has become. Sure rally round the leader in a crisis but they have barely uttered anything in 7 months.

tony abbott was her sock puppet - remember this is a person who sat in parliament even though she wasnt elected

the mad monks reign was one of the worst in australian history, and she was a key part of that

i'd rather the oompa loompa than her

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
tony abbott was her sock puppet - remember this is a person who sat in parliament even though she wasnt elected

the mad monks reign was one of the worst in australian history, and she was a key part of that

i'd rather the oompa loompa than her

And yet they got elected twice more. Impossible to predict voters behaviour. Things change rapidly and most have the memory of goldfish.
Libs in Vic are about as far away as Labor federally. No where near it. They need a fresh look. Someone Kennett like with an agenda and younger. The O'Brien and Guy types just speak corporate and don't have the cut through that is needed when you are so far back.

And yet they got elected twice more. Impossible to predict voters behaviour. Things change rapidly and most have the memory of goldfish.
Libs in Vic are about as far away as Labor federally. No where near it. They need a fresh look. Someone Kennett like with an agenda and younger. The O'Brien and Guy types just speak corporate and don't have the cut through that is needed when you are so far back.

"they" is not Abbott

Abbott was only elected to lead the country by the peeps once (2013). He didnt even finish his term because it was such a trainwreck and Trunbull had to take over

Credlin would destroy the vic libs, and make them a bunch of sky news loving alt right fanbois who the broader electorate has no want to support.

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Peta Credlin would make life difficult for Daniel Andrews at parliamentary question time, if Credlin was made leader. You only have to see just how uncomfortable and stressed out Andrews was when questioned by Credlin in recent Coronavirus press conference. Michael O’Brien doesn’t stand a chance of winning the 2022 election the way things are going at the moment.

question time would finish before she finishes a question

Rich

Club Legend
Feb 14, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Hawthorn
1603709173065.jpeg

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
Dan has withstood the shitstorm and will be leader at the next election.

Played it beautifully so far.
Inquiry, ongoing, that's why I set it up, will report, I won't comment, let them do their job, when they report we'll have more to say.
Soon as Judge Coate hands down her report....it will become the past, happened months ago, we dealth with it in detail, you journo nuffies asked me a million questions everyday for months...let's focus on the future, still got CoVid, public health team doing an amazeballs job, we'll implement the recommendations, we've learned from our mistakes.
Careful there 37. The Neanderthals will say you suffer from Stockholm Syndrome.;)

Juddism

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 17, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Claremont Football Club
ab3d2fe9-054c-4707-a509-e04d86cc943e.jpe

Mr 15% blocking up a disabled parking space to defend his popularity.

He hasn’t stood up for s**t...all he’s done is react to negative situations by spewing out more negativity, he is nothing but a reactionary figure, and a poor one at that.

Great trolling including Peter Costello btw.

No one has done so little to so much acclaim.

The Vic Libs need to wander outside the inner east and the peninsula and talk to people.

Peta Credlin would make life difficult for Daniel Andrews at parliamentary question time, if Credlin was made leader. You only have to see just how uncomfortable and stressed out Andrews was when questioned by Credlin in recent Coronavirus press conference. Michael O’Brien doesn’t stand a chance of winning the 2022 election the way things are going at the moment.

What would she do, though? Playing gotcha in question time isn’t governing.

Cash is King

Quiet Australian
Sep 8, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Bring back Jeff. He is the reason we closed the gap on Sydney even with them hosting the olympics. You only need to look at the things kickstarted by the great man.

Bring back Jeff. He is the reason we closed the gap on Sydney even with them hosting the olympics. You only need to look at the things kickstarted by the great man.

Jeff needs to go on a viking river cruise. he cant even fix hawthorn these days

Yet he managed to not just fix but catapult a rust bucket state into the number one thriving economy in the country.

that was 30 years ago, hence the viking river cruise line

look at hawthorn for modern day equivalence. His first stint he rebuilt the club into a powerhouse of the lead, an amazing achievement considering where they were when he started

today, all he does is complain like an angry uncle. he has an ongoing feud with Clarko (arguably one of the greatest coaches of the modern era), and he's hanging onto Tassie for grim death (even though tassie, the afl, and the vast majority of members want the arrangement ended)

people have their time. his is past. bringing him back would be like bringing Keating in to be treasurer.

Back