2019/20 Melbourne Victory Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melbourne Victory is pleased to announce Head Coach, Grant Brebner, has finalised the appointment of his Assistant Coach for the 2020/21 A-League season.

Former Blackburn Rovers manager, Steve Kean, has been appointed to the role for the upcoming campaign.

Kean will bring a wealth of knowledge and experience having managed Rovers in the English Premier League and served as an Assistant Coach at Fulham, Reading and Real Sociedad in the Spanish La Liga.

2020/21 membership banner

The 53-year-old has also spent a number of years coaching in Asia, including as Head Coach of the Brunei National Team and Head Coach of DPMM FC in the Singapore League.

Victory Head Coach, Grant Brebner, said Kean is a fantastic addition to his coaching staff.

“We are extremely pleased to welcome Steve to Melbourne Victory,” Brebner said.

“Steve has a very impressive resume and he will bring a fantastic amount of experience, knowledge and passion to our club. We have spoken frankly about the areas we need to improve in as a team and he’s ready to roll up his sleeves and get to work.

“I’ve said from the outset that we need to get back to not only playing the Victory way but getting back to training and preparing the Victory way.

“We have built some good foundations, but I’m looking forward to having Steve help the team build on these over the pre-season.”

Kean said he was looking forward to joining Brebner’s coaching staff this season.

“I’m thrilled to be joining Melbourne Victory as an Assistant Coach to Grant,” Kean said.

“Victory is a highly-respected club not only in Australia but across Asia. It’s been an extremely successful club with a large and passionate supporter base who demand results.

“I’m looking forward to working alongside Grant and my fellow coaching staff to help the club get back to where it wants to be.

“Grant and I have had honest conversations about what we need to do over the pre-season to get the team ready for another big campaign in the A-League. I can’t wait to arrive at the club and get to work with Grant, the players and the staff.”

Brebner has also recently appointed Nino La Scala as the Head Physiotherapist and Riccardo Marchioli as Football Analyst.

La Scala has worked for the Socceroos and returns to the club having previously held the role in 2011.

Marchioli arrives at the club having worked his way up the NPL coaching ladder, most recently as the Head Coach of Brunswick City.

Last edited by a moderator:

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Victory is a highly-respected club not only in Australia but across Asia. It’s been an extremely successful club with a large and passionate supporter base who demand results.

Do they just copy and paste this line to every new arrival?

Anyone have any idea when our imports arrive and if they need to do 2 weeks in quarantine or get an exemption? Kinda need to crack on with pre season now.
I think they've already done it according to sources

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
FB_IMG_1603844751390.jpg

So proud of this club. Reckon we will be allowed to attend games by Australia Day weekend.

FFA should schedule us away until then hopefully.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
View attachment 997038

So proud of this club. Reckon we will be allowed to attend games by Australia Day weekend.

FFA should schedule us away until then hopefully.

If they will allow fans into the Boxing day test (which I think they will) no reason not to allow fans into an A-league match from the 27th Dec in Victoria! Make it members only at first so no que's etc.. or even a random ballad if need be. I think it can be done in a safe and responsible way.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
If they will allow fans into the Boxing day test (which I think they will) no reason not to allow fans into an A-league match from the 27th Dec in Victoria! Make it members only at first so no que's etc.. or even a random ballad if need be. I think it can be done in a safe and responsible way.

Hopefully, but you feel FFA play it safe and give us a few away games first.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I was hoping we get 20k. That would've been huge and a massive FU to other clubs especially City and SFC.

Still a couple of months to go. There will be a flurry of member sign ups in Dec.

Ive heard around 2k members have been kept on board with the membership pay it forward program.

Sep 30, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory, Blackburn Rovers
Getting a CB is a must.

Ray Gatt was saying we are chasing Rudy Gestede. Would be a good get. Striker, 32.

2 visa spots left.

For what it's worth I think he'll be a good fit, although his record since Blackburn is underwhelming.

Works best when partnered with another striker.

[TD valign="top"]Dear Kirk,

Melbourne Victory is pleased to announce it has signed Olyroos striker, Ben Folami, ahead of the 2020/21 A-League season.

Folami will join the club on loan from English League One club Ipswich Town where he has been playing since 2015.

The 21-year-old commenced his career at the Football NSW Institute and Sutherland Sharks before making the move to England. While playing overseas he was selected to play for both the U19 and U23 Australia teams.

Folami said he is looking forward to pulling on the navy-blue this season.

“I’m very happy to have signed with Melbourne Victory this season,” Folami said.

“Victory is one of the biggest clubs in the country, they have such a big membership and fan base and obviously a very proud history of success.

“Speaking to Grant, he has outlined a very clear vision he has for the team to get them back up the table. I’m extremely excited for the opportunity to play under him, I can’t wait to start training with the team and putting in the hard work to make sure we’re ready to compete this season.”

Victory Head Coach, Grant Brebner, welcomed the exciting young striker to the club.

“We are delighted to welcome Ben to Melbourne Victory,” Brebner said.

“We believe Ben is a very talented young striker with a bright future ahead of him. He works hard on and off the pitch and will add depth to our forward stocks this season.

“The squad is preparing well, and the likes of Ben, Jacob Butterfield, Callum McManaman, Nick Ansell, Jake Brimmer and Max Crocombe will help the squad build the competitive environment on and off the pitch we believe will help us get back up the table.”

Folami will join the squad in Doha when Victory recommence their 2020 AFC Champions League campaign in late-November.[/TD]

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams

Melbourne Victory is pleased to announce it has signed Olyroos striker, Ben Folami, ahead of the 2020/21 A-League season.

Folami will join the club on loan from English League One club Ipswich Town where he has been playing since 2015.

The 21-year-old commenced his career at the Football NSW Institute and Sutherland Sharks before making the move to England. While playing overseas he was selected to play for both the U19 and U23 Australia teams.

“I’m very happy to have signed with Melbourne Victory this season,” Folami said.

“Victory is one of the biggest clubs in the country, they have such a big membership and fan base and obviously a very proud history of success.

“Speaking to Grant, he has outlined a very clear vision he has for the team to get them back up the table. I’m extremely excited for the opportunity to play under him, I can’t wait to start training with the team and putting in the hard work to make sure we’re ready to compete this season.”

Victory Head Coach, Grant Brebner, welcomed the exciting young striker to the club.

“We believe Ben is a very talented young striker with a bright future ahead of him. He works hard on and off the pitch and will add depth to our forward stocks this season.

“The squad is preparing well, and the likes of Ben, Jacob Butterfield, Callum McManaman, Nick Ansell, Jake Brimmer and Max Crocombe will help the squad build the competitive environment on and off the pitch we believe will help us get back up the table.”

Folami will join the squad in Doha when Victory recommence their 2020 AFC Champions League campaign in late-November.[/TD]

Not bad, things are coming together.

Thanks Kirk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back