List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Current no. of players on the list
Senior list - 34 (2-4 free*)
Rookie (Cat A) - 4 (0-2 free*)
Rookie (Cat B) - 2 (0 free)
Maximum list size of 44. Up to 36-38 senior list, 4-6 category A rookie list and 2 category B rookie list.
* Total of four list spots available, with a minimum of 2 senior list spots needing to be utilised.

List changes
IN: Daniher, Cockatoo, Uosis (R)
OUT: Christensen, Wooller, Allison (R), Skinner (R), Eagles (R), C. Lyons (R), Martin, Witherden, Cox, Hinge.
PROMOTED: Fullarton.
ROOKIED: Birchall, Mathieson, Ballendan.

Current picks
25, 53, 58, 69, 70
(2021 - 1st (MEL), 1st, 3rd (WCE), 3rd, 4th (MEL), 4th (COLL), 5th)

Useful links
2020 trade news compendium
List changes, contract status and key dates
2020 draft discussion thread

Last edited:

Birchill shouldn't have even been playing in the finals. How Fagan didn't bring Answerth back into the side is beyond me considering he wasn't dropped in the first place. However, Birchill could be useful as an on-field-off-field coach next year. Give him less game time, and more time with fagan on the sidelines.

You would rather play an injured Answerth over a fit Birchall?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Still the Birchall thing.. I thought he serviceable this year. had a few good games and some ok games.
Witherden did as well some good some ok.

Where Rich playing the same role was a freaking star all year.
So maybe clone Rich and get rid of the other two.
Now clones Backline of Andrews, Andrews, Andrews and Rich, Rich and 1 Starc for some difference :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cannot see why people are upset about the thought that Fages might have a soft spot for Birchall. It would be strange if he didn't.

Fages has seen Birchall play so well for years and Birchall appears a good bloke. Personality always plays a part in life and is always influence on selection.

I would have preferred to play one of the younger players in the finals as I had the impression that Birchall's form was tailing off as the season went on and the experience of finals footy would have been invaluable for Answerth and Witherden, but through injury and poor form, had not made the best of their opportunities when they got them.

If Adams gets fit selection in the back half will be even more contentious next year and we can get back to Thursday night melt downs again.

Draft watcher Knightmare has assessed every club's needs and suggested a few trade targets to fill those holes. Do we reckon he's on the money for us?

David Noble on the Roar Deal today mentioned that Fullarton will be upgraded to the senior list and when asked about up and comers he mentioned the same 3 as Fages last week. Ely Smith, Dev Robbo and Tom Joyce.
Still thinks Witherden will be with us next year and will work hard for a spot.

Draft watcher Knightmare has assessed every club's needs and suggested a few trade targets to fill those holes. Do we reckon he's on the money for us?
A fit and firing Josh Caddy could improve use not so sure about Lewis Jetta

David Noble on the Roar Deal today mentioned that Fullarton will be upgraded to the senior list and when asked about up and comers he mentioned the same 3 as Fages last week. Ely Smith, Dev Robbo and Tom Joyce.
Can't see us signing another midfielder given these three have been stated more than once to be showing promise. There's enough competition for spots between the three of them, CEY and Matho.

“Draft watcher“ who admitted to not watching the vast majority of SA, WA or QLD kids this year because the NAB League wasn’t on, yet often answered questions about said kids and includes them in his rankings.

Was majorly shown up by a few other draft watchers.

I like Knightmare's insights and his assessment for us isn't too bad, most think we need outside pace ie. Lewis Jetta, 3rd tall is probably covered when Daniher comes in and McStay gets the 3rd defender.

If we do play the three tall's Daniher/Hipwood/McStay, I would see a medium marking forward as a hindrance given you need speed all over the ground more so than ever. Plus Rayner and McCarthy are strong overhead and effectively fill that role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back