Carlton
Casey
Collingwood
Darebin
Essendon
Geelong
Hawthorn
North Melbourne
Port Melbourne (taking Richmond's licence)
Southern Saints
Western Bulldogs
Williamstown

VFLW will now run alongside the AFLW which is a huge step in the right direction.

Last edited:
2021 VFLW Teams have been confirmed...

Carlton
Casey
Collingwood
Darebin
Essendon
Geelong
Hawthorn
North Melbourne
Southern Saints
Western Bulldogs
Williamstown

VFLW will now run alongside the AFLW which is a huge step in the right direction.
I'm getting vibes of the old 12 team VFL pre-1980s.

Fitzroy --> Darebin
Richmond --> Port
Melbourne --> Casey
South Melb --> Williamstown

The rest are the same.
Aah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be.

I'm getting vibes of the old 12 team VFL pre-1980s.

Fitzroy --> Darebin
Richmond --> Port
Melbourne --> Casey
South Melb --> Williamstown

The rest are the same.
Aah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be.
Western Bulldogs --> Footscray

2021 VFLW Teams have been confirmed...

Carlton
Casey
Collingwood
Darebin
Essendon
Geelong
Hawthorn
North Melbourne
Southern Saints
Western Bulldogs
Williamstown

Double headers at Whitten oval
you love to see it

Oliver G

Premium Platinum
May 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
New numbers announced...

The four AFLW Bulldogs welcomed during this year’s trade and draft period have received their guernsey numbers ahead of season 2021.

Ex-Magpie Katie Lynch will wear number 10, previously worn by Nicole Callinan (retired), while the Bulldogs’ first draft selection, Jess Fitzgerald, will run around in number 23.

Former Sandringham Dragon Sarah Hartwig has been handed number 15, and Western Jet draftee Isabelle Pritchard will take number 20.

While the playing group returned to training voluntarily at VU Whitten Oval earlier this month, preseason training formally commenced last night.

The AFLW season is scheduled to begin in February 2021.

TBOW

Premiership Player
Aug 9, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Does anyone know if the AFLW academy rules have been changed in line with the AFL rules?
Do we no longer have access to Nyakoat Dojiok?

Oliver G

Premium Platinum
May 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Does anyone know if the AFLW academy rules have been changed in line with the AFL rules?
Do we no longer have access to Nyakoat Dojiok?

I was wondering the same, I'll check with a source who should know and get back to you.

Some good news though is that the AFL is finally making some good decisions re AFLW with getting rid of conferences, starting a week earlier and finally charging an entry fee which is something that should've been implemented from 2018 onwards.

AuTo00Z

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I was wondering the same, I'll check with a source who should know and get back to you.

Some good news though is that the AFL is finally making some good decisions re AFLW with getting rid of conferences, starting a week earlier and finally charging an entry fee which is something that should've been implemented from 2018 onwards.

True. And Also, the VFLW running alongside the AFLW, and fixturing based on the previous year's ladder. Comp seems to be heading in a good direction now.

WB fixture:
1607670994561.png

TheTassieHawk

Team Captain
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The Bulldogs need to replace Katy Herron. With the amount of youth they already have I would think they may go for an experienced player rather than another teenager however I am not sure who the better mature age Victorian options are.

If they do pick an 18yo then the following were mentioned as the best of what’s left in Draft Central’s 2021 AFLW draft preview one year out article

A number of over-age talents who missed out on being drafted this year will no doubt be trying to stake their case against be it via the NAB League or state leagues, including Brooke Hards, Jemma Finning and Annabel Strahan (all Bendigo Pioneers), Zoe Hill, Abbey Jordan and Jess Matin (all Dandenong Stingrays), Ash Snow and Maeve Chaplin (both Northern Knights), Amber Micallef (Oakleigh Chargers), Olivia Meagher (Eastern Ranges) and Grace McRae (Gippsland Power) who all received AFL Women’s Draft Combine invites but were unlucky to miss out.

Matin was picked by the Saints as a replacement a few weeks back.

TBOW

Premiership Player
Aug 9, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The Bulldogs need to replace Katy Herron. With the amount of youth they already have I would think they may go for an experienced player rather than another teenager however I am not sure who the better mature age Victorian options are.

If they do pick an 18yo then the following were mentioned as the best of what’s left in Draft Central’s 2021 AFLW draft preview one year out article

A number of over-age talents who missed out on being drafted this year will no doubt be trying to stake their case against be it via the NAB League or state leagues, including Brooke Hards, Jemma Finning and Annabel Strahan (all Bendigo Pioneers), Zoe Hill, Abbey Jordan and Jess Matin (all Dandenong Stingrays), Ash Snow and Maeve Chaplin (both Northern Knights), Amber Micallef (Oakleigh Chargers), Olivia Meagher (Eastern Ranges) and Grace McRae (Gippsland Power) who all received AFL Women’s Draft Combine invites but were unlucky to miss out.

It will be one of the Knights girls no doubt.

TBOW

Premiership Player
Aug 9, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Looks like we filled that last list spot with Annabel Strachan judging from this video.
https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/...dal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1609732800001
Although no article up yet.

(EDIT) Article is up.
https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/846167/strahan-added-to-aflw-list

Last edited:

Oliver G

Premium Platinum
May 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Our lineup for our practice match against Richmond on Saturday at Punt Rd...

WESTERN BULLDOGS
1 B Lochland 2 E Blackburn 3 I Grant 4 I Huntington 7 D Berry 8 B Toogood 9 E Brown 10 K Lynch 11 L Spark 12 G Lagioia 13 C Moody 14 E Gamble 15 S Hartwig 16 N Ferres 17 E Georgostathis 18 B Gutknecht 19 A Guest 20 I Pritchard 21 B Hunt 23 J Fitzgerald 24 K Rennie 25 N Morris-Dalton 26 D Marshall 27 K Lamb 28 A Van Osterwijck 36 A Gogos

AuTo00Z

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Our lineup for our practice match against Richmond on Saturday at Punt Rd...

WESTERN BULLDOGS
1 B Lochland 2 E Blackburn 3 I Grant 4 I Huntington 7 D Berry 8 B Toogood 9 E Brown 10 K Lynch 11 L Spark 12 G Lagioia 13 C Moody 14 E Gamble 15 S Hartwig 16 N Ferres 17 E Georgostathis 18 B Gutknecht 19 A Guest 20 I Pritchard 21 B Hunt 23 J Fitzgerald 24 K Rennie 25 N Morris-Dalton 26 D Marshall 27 K Lamb 28 A Van Osterwijck 36 A Gogos

Yeah, and also, for those wondering, Kirsten McLeod, Issy Grant, Gabby Newton and Hannah Scott are all missing through injury.

TheTassieHawk

Team Captain
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah, and also, for those wondering, Kirsten McLeod, Issy Grant, Gabby Newton and Hannah Scott are all missing through injury.

Grant is 3rd named. Do you have a source about the others being injured rather than rested/managed ? Annabel Strahan is the other listed player not getting a run.

AuTo00Z

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Grant is 3rd named. Do you have a source about the others being injured rather than rested/managed ? Annabel Strahan is the other listed player not getting a run.
Oh, I accidentally read the article on the AFLW website wrong. Grant is returning from injury. My bad.

AuTo00Z

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
A good come back win for the girls.

Am I right in saying Richmond are still yet to win a game.

Just looked it up, and they beat west coast in a practice game last year, but had yet to win a proper game.

Oliver G

Premium Platinum
May 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Slow start today but finished very strong kicking 5.2 to 1.2 in the last quarter...

RICH: 3.11 (27)
WBULL: 6.7 (43)

WB
Goals: Blackburn, Lochland 2; Berry, Van Oosterwijck
Best: Lochland, Blackburn, Fitzgerald, Berry, Toogood

Lochland and Blackburn were clearly our best and I really hope Brooke can have an injury free season. Of our draftees Fitzgerald and Hartwig were strong and Grant seemed to get plenty of the ball and has footy smart, she is definitely going to be a 10 year+ player.

Last edited:
Back