News Orazio Fantasia departs for Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't believe we've been suckered in to the Dodo-Fantasy groundhog day again this year. It's unbelievable. Just tell them to get f’ed and work on real targets.

Gus and Paddy in recent years. We like Essendon and Dodo is just Dodo it will get worked out.

Last edited:
Gus and Paddy in recent years. We like Essendon and Dodo is just Dodo it’ll will get worked out.

Gus and Paddy were serious targets that we wanted to go after because we thought they could make an impact. Fantasia is an injury prone small forward who has done nothing in years. He's only in the headlines because BT likes how his name sounds and he has said he wants to play for us.

Dan Butler moved from Richmond to St Kilda for pick 56.
Anything more than a 3rd round pick for a perennially injured small forward who kicked 20 goals in 2019 and 2018 is overs.
Dan kicked 18 goals in 2018 and 30 in 2017

Wow! And that guy is a seriously good small forward. Who gets on the park.

I sort of wonder if clubs purposely 'leak' or make up some one sided trade suggestion to the media to help them in their case. It happens a lot in American sports.

The victorian media routinely do this for victorian clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I sort of wonder if clubs purposely 'leak' or make up some one sided trade suggestion to the media to help them in their case. It happens a lot in American sports.

i think clubs base decisions around what proposed deals get the most "yeah sounds fair"s on twitter

The victorian media routinely do this for victorian clubs.
And Adelaide media for the Crows. Port it's just 'players out - value on their worst game(s)/season(s), potential players in - value on their best game(s)/season(s)'.

Our problem has not been the media though, it's been putting a fair price up for players in as the 'opening bid' (Dixon, Ryder), so instead of two stupid bids coming to something fair, we end up over paying. Then on the flip side instead of players up for trade still sold as valuable, make it clear we'll except unders, as definitely want them out (Polec, Wingard).

I don't want us to be Dodo level idiots, but playing fair on the basis the next club (or even the same club the next time traded with), will then play fair has been shown to never work. At least stake out starting positions that are clearly in our favour, so the end result is fair to both parties.

I'm banned from the Fantasia thread on the AFL board. Can someone fly the flag for me and call Dodoro a ******* some more?

My problem is that we need the picks and points, we can expect an early bid for Jones by the crows. I am certain that if they get pick 2 for Crouch they'll either use that one or at 8 at the latest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back