Past #14: Trent Dumont - delisted end '21 - 113 NM games/26 NM goals - 2019 NM VCapt - thanks Froggy

Asifhe Givashe

All Australian
Jan 14, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Dumont + our 2021 R3 could deliver a 2021 R2 from Adelaide, which we should absolutely take.

His days of being best 22 are numbered - in fact I’d say he has 2 more weeks.

In: Cunnington, Thomas, Taylor, Hollands, Hayden, Walker, pick 7 + 2021 R1.

You should open your eyes when you watch. Helps.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree, flying ham. Has to surely be a happy medium somewhere between rainbow glasses and looking too sternly. Froggy's our glue. He's not flash, but for now we'd miss him if he were gone, in much the same way we're missing the equally underappreciated Kayne Turner. Neither one is perfect, but both are crucial to us for what they offer in structure, tenacity, and the ability to run out entire games. We miss them when they're not there. It may not always be the case, but for now it is. More respect to them, at the very least.:thumbsu::rainbow::angry:

Froggy's also often a decent shot at goal for us. Kanye goes okay down back too, and he literally never fades. Saved our game because of it once too. It's a bit like Gibbo:heart: and his rise as a dependable tagger and killer tackler before we let him go. They've all got extra layers to them. People forget, or don't notice, or something. I don't know. It's weird to me how much we rake our own players over the coals on here at times.

I also think Froggy would be a good choice to have in our leadership group. He's a mature and level-headed individual, and always seems to have a calm thoughtfulness about him in his off-field interviews.

Last edited:

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Agree, flying ham. Has to surely be a happy medium somewhere between rainbow glasses and looking too sternly. Froggy's our glue. He's not flash, but for now we'd miss him if he were gone, in much the same way we're missing the equally underappreciated Kayne Turner. Neither one is perfect, but both are crucial to us for what they offer in structure, tenacity, and the ability to run out entire games. We miss them when they're not there. It may not always be the case, but for now it is. More respect to them, at the very least.:thumbsu::rainbow::angry:

Froggy's also often a decent shot at goal for us. Kanye goes okay down back too, and he literally never fades. Saved our game because of it once too. It's a bit like Gibbo and his rise as a dependable tagger and killer tackler before we let him go. They've all got extra layers to them. People forget, or don't notice, or something. I don't know. It's weird to me how much we rake our own players over the coals on here at times.

I also think Froggy would be a good choice to have in our leadership group. He's a mature and level-headed individual, and always seems to have a calm thoughtfulness about him in his off-field interviews.
He slides down the pecking order as we get better. No shame in that. But Dumont isn't the issue, it's the dozen below him.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jul 10, 2008
Townsville
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I may be way off with this one, but I haven't seen anything this year from Trent except a player who consistently gets the job done. He is neat by foot, an excellent handball, a smart player, he can lock down, win the ball and play a role.

My memory might be a little foggy, but Trent almost plays a similar role to Blakey in the 90s. A utility mid who is reliable. There is Buckley's chance that Dumont plays anywhere but in the starting 18 for North in 2021.

Came in here to say what FootySmartSimpson has better than I can.

Another super consistent year from Trent, and as usual, his thread all the way back on page four.

Sure, in a couple of years time he may be a depth mid, but in 2020, the defensive efforts and grunt work that guys like Froggy put in without Cunners, JZ and Higgo in the midfield is a big reason why guys like Jy and LDU are able to take the steps forward they have.

He's certainly no frills, but he's been a rock solid contributor week in, week out in an incredibly tough year and deserves more recognition.

Came in here to say what FootySmartSimpson has better than I can.

Another super consistent year from Trent, and as usual, his thread all the way back on page four.

Sure, in a couple of years time he may be a depth mid, but in 2020, the defensive efforts and grunt work that guys like Froggy put in without Cunners, JZ and Higgo in the midfield is a big reason why guys like Jy and LDU are able to take the steps forward they have.

He's certainly no frills, but he's been a rock solid contributor week in, week out in an incredibly tough year and deserves more recognition.

Agree. Trent’s an old style footballer and he’s had a super consistent year without having the usual support around him. Well done Froggy.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Congratulations Trent.

He must be doing more than I can see as he finished only a few votes behind Goldstein and a mile ahead of Tarrant?

Almost never has an outright bad game, runs harder than almost everyone else in the midfield group, picks up a metric shitload of slack from our other players, and plays to instruction and specific roles really well. He's not a worldbeater but he's a damned good and consistent professional footballer.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not every player has to be special, he does his job week in week out

Issue is we've loaded up on a lot of high quality mids. It's conceivable that all the major players in the midfield become 'special' within the next couple of years, in which case what does that mean for Trent?

Back