Player Watch #21: Noah Balta

Remove this Banner Ad

noah balta with his children

View attachment 997394
That’s brilliant!! I dare say he will add to it next year

If I had to pick one player to clone to make up a team (and you could only pick one player) I would pick Balta. Most versatile player we have.

Team of Baltas - who would be better?

Thought about it but I'd pick Balta. Not sure how well Dusty would go in the ruck or down back.

I love Balta, I think we all do. But a team of Dustys probably wouldn’t need a backline and would just shark the opposition ruck with ease.

Mind you I agree with the point you are making. To have already shown as a 20yo he can play forward back and midfield as an amazing effort by Balta and what he is likely to be doing to opponents by the time he hits Dusty’s age will be x rated. 😁

Gunna be funny as fu** when he lines up against the likes of Cripps and or Fyffe next year and hands them their arse .
We’ve been looking for a big bodied mid
He’s ****ed

I think he could legit line up in any position and make a good go of it

Cant wait to see him play as a small forward

Grimes will just do what he does best and thats run around getting in the way of other teams fowards chopping off

Has any 20 year old KPD ever had this much influence ............ EVER ?

Think they (coaches) will also use Dylan's & Noah's speed out of defence....attacking defenders will go to the next level....rest of AFL to follow...😍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After the back end of his GF I think his future lies roaming from defensive 50 to the forward 50. I'm sure he can be an AA level defender, but his pace and penetration was damaging as he went up the ground in the GF.
Works brilliantly with our preference to send Nank behind the ball after centre bounces.
I hope not....
He was killing KPF's at the age of 20 and should stay focussed as our rock of defence for the next 10 years.

The fact he has the flexibilty if needed, as the positive, but not the norm IMO

I hope not....
He was killing KPF's at the age of 20 and should stay focussed as our rock of defence for the next 10 years.

I agree, just a little something something now and then to unsettle the oppo coaches.
Had a shot on goal against Port in the prelim goin fwd and had some moments in the Ruck in the Granny.
He’s a ripper.

I hope not....

At 21 he might be a key forward himself

Hardwick has shown he likes 3 of them; jack. Lynch. Chol.

With broad back in balta CA. Probably go forward

After the back end of his GF I think his future lies roaming from defensive 50 to the forward 50. I'm sure he can be an AA level defender, but his pace and penetration was damaging as he went up the ground in the GF.
Works brilliantly with our preference to send Nank behind the ball after centre bounces.
Absolutely, got better as game went on, reckon he should be developed further in this role , will only improve as he adds confidence and belief what he s capable of , serious weapon

Wonder what Balta's actual best position is. If you plant him down back he will dominate oppo forwards. If you play him up the ground he could become a Koutifides type player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back