List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People like targeting players for crazy reasons.

The same ones who want him gone will be the same guys who cry over how Billings is racking up 20+ touches on a HFF/wing for another side and desperate for someone with his delivery around the ground. Seb Ross gets the same treatment to a certain extent.
I think both are whipping boys because they do their jobs well without being flashy. Ridiculous.

He is Vice Captain for a reason.

We need to think carefully about whether getting rid of club leaders to bring in overpaid, questionable players from others clubs is going to make our club culture better.
Actually there is a lot of belief that the next group have arrived from a leadership Point Of View.

The real leader is apparently Billings. His training standards are elite.
Membrey Steele and Dougal massive improvements to what we have had prior to this year.

On Crouch and the Crows matching... watching his interview the other day, he didn't come across as really wanting to make the move to us and didn't seem genuinely excited (IMO anyway). I got the feeling from the way he talked that if the Crows decided to match, he'd consider staying because he doesn't like the big smoke that much. If you were Adelaide, why would you match to try and get more compensation, when there is every possible chance that if they did match, Crouch would take their offer and stay.

Or I could be wrong and he's just a bloke that doesn't really show much off the footy field.

Oh.. ahh can go make of that any club you will... am I doing it right?
Honestly I got the opposite vibe. Reckon he's really keen on a fresh start.

I'd be shocked if we don't end up with Crouch.

Let’s take out the bias - because being honest, it’s not even close to true and talk facts.

Vice captain. Capable of accumulating huge numbers. 2 x BnF winner. Does a very good job head to head.

Kicking is sh*t when asking him to play outside his strengths. But his best football involves him breaking a line and slotting a long range goal.

For most of his career with us, he had to be the main midfielder that did the dirty work, whilst the board touches themselves over Jack burning the pill Ross dished out because he went fast and it was exciting. Honestly He would be a sound get for someone like Essendon.

Now, tell me why pick 8 wouldn’t be reasonable for that resume? We have to replace him and if this was true. Yeah he is the same age as Treloar. Probably not a huge difference in coin if we factor in the Collingwood payment support they will provide for a taker...

If we got a 20-30 pick or worse, that hurts us. There is no replacement for that resume and Ross is in his prime.
I agree with most of what you said but id be saying closer to a pick in the rage of 15-20 would still be a win IMO
Just because Carlton are dead sh1t stupid and will end up a low pick for Saad it doesn't mean Seb is worth similar

Why would you get rid of Ross for a pick like that? Regardless of how you feel, he is a 2 x BnF winning Midfielder. He gets the midfield head to head match up and performed pretty strongly in the run home in that role.

I would want a first round pick. As I just posted. It would hurt us to see him go, but he is replaceable if adequately compensated
I don't think pick value is the right way to look at it.
Who do we bring in from the exchange is the question.

Whilst he found his groove late in the season, being used as the shutdown player does sort of push him towards the edge in the value stakes.
If we're able to trade or develop into a dominant midfield, then his roll can be filled by someone cheap and dispensable.

Treloar is interesting. Apparently he told the pies he wants to spend 2 days a week in qld. But wants to remain in Melbourne.

I think the pies are really f’ed in terms of the cap and have been told by the AFL to move one of the big earners on.

So treloar is it. Which sucks for him given hes on a blackended deal. I can see why he's sticking his feet in and saying "fu** you! Pay me!"

If his hammies are fine and he's not a primma donna he'd be perfect for us.
So you would be happy for him to spend two days a week in QLD and still play for us :rolleyes:

Let’s take out the bias - because being honest, it’s not even close to true and talk facts.

Vice captain. Capable of accumulating huge numbers. 2 x BnF winner. Does a very good job head to head.

Kicking is sh*t when asking him to play outside his strengths. But his best football involves him breaking a line and slotting a long range goal.

For most of his career with us, he had to be the main midfielder that did the dirty work, whilst the board touches themselves over Jack burning the pill Ross dished out because he went fast and it was exciting. Honestly He would be a sound get for someone like Essendon.

Now, tell me why pick 8 wouldn’t be reasonable for that resume? We have to replace him and if this was true. Yeah he is the same age as Treloar. Probably not a huge difference in coin if we factor in the Collingwood payment support they will provide for a taker...

If we got a 20-30 pick or worse, that hurts us. There is no replacement for that resume and Ross is in his prime.
Hmmmm, think we all agree that a pick around 15 is probably the fair mark for a player like Brad Crouch, if it came to trading for him. We all seem to think Brad then becomes the second best midfielder we have. How can we then suggest getting 8 for Seb is fair, when he is probably borderline best 22 after Brad comes in? 2nd rounder, wish him all the best and move on.

Actually there is a lot of belief that the next group have arrived from a leadership Point Of View.

Membrey Steele and Dougal massive improvements to what we have had prior to this year.
That's good to hear.

I don't want Steele to be one of those players who gets the Captaincy then gets weighed down by the pressure of the title because there isn't enough people around the club helping him out and driving the group with him. The best captains aren't always the best leaders individually but are the ones with really strong groups around them.

I agree with most of what you said but id be saying closer to a pick in the rage of 15-20 would still be a win IMO
Just because Carlton are dead sh1t stupid and will end up a low pick for Saad it doesn't mean Seb is worth similar
Saad is overrated. If anything he is a flashy Half Back flank that gets burned because he is unaccountable.

That’s the pick I’d be asking for. There should be later picks we can use in that type of deal to make this work. But we shouldn’t ask for less.

Remember, our midfield group looks strong adding crouch. Removing Ross kinda has us back in the same position. He is contracted aswell. So throw the “contracted” premium on this aswell.

Hmmmm, think we all agree that a pick around 15 is probably the fair mark for a player like Brad Crouch, if it came to trading for him. We all seem to think Brad then becomes the second best midfielder we have. How can we then suggest getting 8 for Seb is fair, when he is probably borderline best 22 after Brad comes in? 2nd rounder, wish him all the best and move on.
He's a better player than Saad and contracted.

If Essendon think pick 7 for Saad is fair value, then they should be willing to pay the same for who they are bringing in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Point is we are not trading for him, he accepted a RFA offer. If we traded for him, we may value him @ 100k less if you factor in the percieved value of the picks and player in trades

It was advised that Billings was good in hub.

Just me Steele , Howard , Wilkie, Membrey , Marshall with guys like Hannebery & Geary still having input
is very solid group.

Bytel & Byrnes came with those credentials in their junior careers as well

Because one is contracted and the other isn’t?

Because one club is happy to let the player go it seems and we haven’t said boo or even indicated publicly about letting Ross go.

If a single BnF means crouch is worth pick 15 - with his injury history.

Then someone of Ross’s resume and record should get a pick 8 in this type of draft.

Point is we are not trading for him, he accepted a RFA offer. If we traded for him, we may value him @ 100k less if you factor in the percieved value of the picks and player in trades
Appreciate that. But that’s the general consensus when it comes to his actual trade value.

I mean you’re not wrong. But also Seb is contracted and **** Essendon.

Because one is contracted and the other isn’t?

Because one club is happy to let the player go it seems and we haven’t said boo or even indicated publicly about letting Ross go.

If a single BnF means crouch is worth pick 15 - with his injury history.

Then someone of Ross’s resume and record should get a pick 8 in this type of draft.

Easily

Appreciate that. But that’s the general consensus when it comes to his actual trade value.

Not it is not. Not the general consensus at all. He is worth what the market will pay for him.

The market says he is worth 600 to 650 x 4 as a FA. As a trade his is worth is unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back