Traded EGM, Football Josh Mahoney - Footy Operations boss at the AFL - 28/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, for those saying Lyon, I get he was a very good coach but what makes him qualified for GM of Football?

He said something competent on Footy Classified that one time 🤣

Wouldn't be the worst thing though. I can definitely think of worse things.
I'm not objecting to it. Just not sure what makes him qualified.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

when you've been a successful coach/assistant across 3 clubs, he'd have had great exposure to what works.
Yeah, sorry, it'd need to be a fair bit more than that to impress me

Yeah, sorry, it'd need to be a fair bit more than that to impress me
7 clubs?

What was the appeal with Richardson in the first place?

7 clubs?

What was the appeal with Richardson in the first place?
Coaching and GM of Football are very different roles. I'm not saying Lyon isn't qualified but I'm not saying he is either. As for Richo, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Coaching and GM of Football are very different roles. I'm not saying Lyon isn't qualified but I'm not saying he is either. As for Richo, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well yeah, I mean I'm not saying I know. I definitely don't. But I would be surprised if a former coach didn't know a little bit about it.

I'm not objecting to it. Just not sure what makes him qualified.
I'm not sure what I'd think of it but I know the media have been talking about that idea for sometime, not Essendon specifically, but that Lyon could be good in a different role in a football department as long as he had no intention of coaching again. The word on Ross when he did coach was that he liked to do everything himself anyway so maybe he does have a lot of experience in doing many things involved in running a football department.

Well yeah, I mean I'm not saying I know. I definitely don't. But I would be surprised if a former coach didn't know a little bit about it.
Yeah, that's a fair call. Just wait and see I guess
I'm not sure what I'd think of it but I know the media have been talking about that idea for sometime, not Essendon specifically, but that Lyon could be good in a different role in a football department as long as he had no intention of coaching again. The word on Ross when he did coach was that he liked to do everything himself anyway so maybe he does have a lot of experience in doing many things involved in running a football department.
Ah, that's more like it. Thanks Mojo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back