Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
1602535263354.png

Orazio upon learning he could be leaving the Bombres

Okay we’ve all heard Orazio wants to come home.

Does he come to us? To the degenerates down the road? Or does he get stuck at Essendrug?

Do we even need him? Is he worth picking up?

1602535489186.png

One year left on his Essendon contract... and we’d have to deal with Adrian Dodoro

For me: we don’t need him, we’ve got McAdam, Stengel and Murphy; he’s injury prone; he’ll cost too much.

EDIT: changed my mind, I'd take him (#destinationclub) but only on the cheap. IF Dodo's a pain in the arse we walk away, we got better s**t to do.

Last edited:

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Given it's clear that he's the best player then we've got pick 2.
But if the bulldogs are matching we never have access to him so we have pick 1 of the players we have access to.
Just the same as if we were trading for pick 5 but it’s going to get shuffled down to pick 8 because of academy players.
We still have access to the same players we would have at pick 5.
The pick is not devalued at all.
Talking about having the x best player in the draft is different to a pick devaluing.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
But if the bulldogs are matching we never have access to him so we have pick 1 of the players we have access to.
Just the same as if we were trading for pick 5 but it’s going to get shuffled down to pick 8 because of academy players.

That is such an odd, illogical way of looking at it.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
How so? You have pick 5 - you get access to the 5th best kid you can.
If you get shuffled to pick 8 clearly there’s been 3 academy kids taken you you never would have been able to take anyway.
The pick is not devalued?

Actually by your logic pick 5 gives you access to the 1st best kid you can.

Because you never had a chance at kids at pick 1-4 anyway.

So therefore, according to you, pick 18 is the equivalent of pick 1, as long as it's your first pick of the draft.

At the end of the day despite having pick #1 we won't get the kid that is evaluated as the best prospect who nominated for the draft. No amount of twisted logic will change that fact.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Actually by your logic pick 5 gives you access to the 1st best kid you can.

Because you never had a chance at kids at pick 1-4 anyway.

So therefore, according to you, pick 18 is the equivalent of pick 1, as long as it's your first pick of the draft.

At the end of the day despite having pick #1 we won't get the kid that is evaluated as the best prospect who nominated for the draft. No amount of twisted logic will change that fact.
My pick 5 scenario has nothing to do with us having pick 1 I just pulled out a number (for the argument forget we have pick 1)
What your arguing and stones throw is about what number talented kid you get in the draft. Of course that goes down as academy picks are taken.
My argument is purely down to a clubs picks worth to a club.
It isn’t devalued by other bids coming in prior.

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Talking about having the x best player in the draft is different to a pick devaluing.
Yeah so the talent pool is decreasing and specifically this year it's happening at the top end.

If the overall draft pool decreases in talent (tangibly i.e. a clear number 1 talent is taken out), then the picks you have in that pool lose value.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Yeah so the talent pool is decreasing and specifically this year it's happening at the top end.

If the overall draft pool decreases in talent (tangibly i.e. a clear number 1 talent is taken out), then the picks you have in that pool lose value.
It’s clear that I’m not explaining it well enough because you’re arguing something different to what I am.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Reckon it will be pretty close to that with maybe a 4th going back to Port
Hopefully Sydney drive a hard bargain for AA

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It's Looking More Likely Port will be Losing Graft Picks in 2021 and having the 1st Pick push back due to Points being Over,
Crows Are going to Bid On Jones,
If they trade out picks 26 and 31, they will only have 671 pionts left in the bag
Crows will bid on Jones at 10 (JUH and Campbell Bids earlier pushing out our pick 8 to 10) Port will need 1116 pts pushing them into 2021, (have taken away the 20% discount)
With a good draft for SA talent next year.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Reckon it will be pretty close to that with maybe a 4th going back to Port
Hopefully Sydney drive a hard bargain for AA

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I can't see why Sydney are even entertaining the idea.

It'll be Ladhams they'll ask for.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Adelaide doesn't make an attempt to get Fantasia

Kane Cornes ignoring Hately requesting a trade

"Why can't Adelaide recruit local talent?"

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
Here is what I don't get - If there is a bid on Jones within the top 10 (I think it will be closer to pick 4-6), and a bid on Schofield in the 20's, how do Port;
  1. Match both without going in to significant deficit next year?
  2. Have anything to trade for Fantasia?
They are going to have to trade out a reasonable player to get anywhere near completing these. I just don't see how it happens?

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
Here is what I don't get - If there is a bid on Jones within the top 10 (I think it will be closer to pick 4-6), and a bid on Schofield in the 20's, how do Port;
  1. Match both without going in to significant deficit next year?
  2. Have anything to trade for Fantasia?
They are going to have to trade out a reasonable player to get anywhere near completing these. I just don't see how it happens?

Even if they trade out 26 and 31 for Fantasia and Alir Alir they will still have about 900 points with their remaining picks.

If we bid on Jones at 8 that will put them about 400 points into arrears and if they have to match on Schofield it will turn their 2021 first into a mid-late 2nd round pick.

Back